Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 07:26   #166
BHPian

This car is Accord diesel which might be launching in India in 2011. I got this information from another website.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:58   #167
BHPian

SCOOP! HONDA Accord 2010 with Diesel

Hi Guys,

This was today while I was coming back from my Noida office towards delhi.

i was at the Noida Expressway, when while talking over phone, when suddenly something caught my eye.
At first it looked like new Honda City, I looked closely, saw the number plate whose color code was a bit unusual and then suddenly an image came into my mind (New Honda Accord). I asked my guy to drop the call and prepared my phone camera, it was time for my phone's 5 MP camera to recover its costs

I waited on the sidelines for the car to pay the toll and cross my swift. As soon as i did, I started chasing it and clicking photos. The driver saw this and tried to shake me off, but I think he didnt saw the Team-BHP sticker at the back of my car otherwise he wouldnt had even tried.

he then gave up and I requested him to lower the window glass. I asked him:
"Is this the new Honda Accord"
he: "No, but a diesel"
I: "Wow, Honda testing a Diesel in india"
he smiled and said "Yes"
thank you and welcome gestures were exchanged and I suddenly thought I had got the scoop of the year , there she was driving in front of me, the latest and the hottest entry to the already scorching segment.

then I thought, shucks I forgot to take the pics of the interiors. I again came next to the car and asked the driver if I could take pics of the interiors to which he politely replied "Sorry Sir, not allowed"
Ha, like I would had given to this sentence, I tried taking pictures of the interiors by chasing the car down again and again and took some decent pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-image-01.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-image-02.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-image-03.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-image-04.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-image-05.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-image-06.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-image-07.jpg  

Old 16th June 2010, 23:04   #168
BHPian

Nice find dude!!
Too big for the City. 16 inchers, bi-halogen. Has to be the accord.
If they are bringing in a diesel plant, it HAS to come to City. Doesn't make sense otherwise.
Good work

Last edited by 2cents : 16th June 2010 at 23:24.
Old 16th June 2010, 23:04   #169
Senior - BHPian

Atlast ! but at what price? 25lac?
Skoda, Nissan, Camry ! Blink Blink!

Great find!
Old 16th June 2010, 23:04   #170
Senior - BHPian

The front end sucks. Hope this is not the production design. But hey, who's complaining? A Diesel from Honda, at last!!
Old 16th June 2010, 23:06   #171
BHPian

the looks great and it would be great to know well does this car do when it launches.wonder what the milage would be ?...neways great spot buddy.you are a lucky guy
Old 16th June 2010, 23:10   #172
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

great scoop gagan, but its the same accord European model that they have been testing since...ages. The same registration number, the same car, spotted multiple times.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...da-accord.html

god knows why they are tom toming poor fuel quality as a reason for diesel launch delay. Expensive and more complex German cars can easily run on our diesel. And then that big corolla altis diesel blow is coming.

Sorry Honda, too little, too late. Even the superb despite all of skoda's woes now comes with a sophisticated common rail diesel engine.
Old 16th June 2010, 23:13   #173
Senior - BHPian

It's been over 2 years since Honda is testing this Euro Accord!! What on earth are they doing? I wonder if this car is just being enjoyed by Honda officials
Old 16th June 2010, 23:17   #174
BHPian

Yes the buzz was on a high couple of years back in the US market. And they even claimed around 60 mpg for the 2.2 iCtdi engine.

Quote:
Honda expects to bring the clean-diesel car to the U.S. by 2010. It gets 62.8 miles a gallon on the highway, but otherwise looks and feels like a regular Accord. At that mileage level, the car is about as "clean" as a new Toyota Prius. But if you run it on biodiesel, a form of diesel made from vegetable oil or animal fat, it would be even cleaner than a Prius (Priuses get 60 in the city).
source : cnet

absolutely agree sid, its too late for honda to jump in now with the diesel, but nevertheless if its gonna give 30+ kmpl its surely gonna get the crowd
Old 16th June 2010, 23:21   #175
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Honda was supposed to launch a "clean diesel" version of Acura TSX (the same car pictured her testing, a sibling to the Euro accord), in the USA but plans have been shelved.
Old 16th June 2010, 23:24   #176
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Yes the buzz was on a high couple of years back in the US market. And they even claimed around 60 mpg for the 2.2 iCtdi engine.

source : cnet

absolutely agree sid, its too late for honda to jump in now with the diesel, but nevertheless if its gonna give 30+ kmpl its surely gonna get the crowd
Pls don't be fooled by 30+ kmpl mileage. Years before we saw such "tamasha" on Ford Fiestas. It's a gimmick, a cheap trick to con people. Ford drove their cars with aircon off and with a feather over throttle pedal and barely exceeding 60 kph. Now who drives that way? Stand on the "go" pedal, and race through the gears with aircon on all through and see if Accord still returns 30+ kmpl.
Old 16th June 2010, 23:29   #177
Senior - BHPian

I don't really care about the car but I have to salute your spirits Gagan. We at team-bhp are proud of you.
Old 16th June 2010, 23:39   #178
Senior - BHPian

Nice find Veerji, I spotted this car in Kotla and mistook it to be the New Civic.

When will they comeup with the Diesels, it's long overdue.
Old 16th June 2010, 23:49   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Honda was supposed to launch a "clean diesel" version of Acura TSX (the same car pictured her testing, a sibling to the Euro accord), in the USA but plans have been shelved.
Yes i think sometime in 2008-09 this happened.
Old 17th June 2010, 00:23   #180
BHPian

An oil burning Honda!! this should be interesting!! Will not have a showroom sales person ask me a couple of times to test drive theirs cars because I walk outta a Honda showroom without even sitting in the car because diesels were not an option from them!!

But why the Accord!! If it came in the City, would have been my next car!! Accord's are just way too too too overpriced!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks