Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2008, 12:53   #46
BHPian

Narendra Modi is proving his mettle. Very soon we'll find Gujarat as the most progressive place in India.
Serves good to all those who supported the Congress for the past 60 years.
All they have done is increased the tax burden and apeased the minority. Hope the masses realise now.
Old 8th October 2008, 13:06   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats to Gujarat for bagging this project. It will be an epic growth for the surface industry in this state. AP government clearly acted lazily and almost as if they didnt want this project

They had identified lands in the coastal region whereas Tata's requirement was clear- " They wanted land within 50kms from the capital"-

That's how our current state government is throwing away prosperity
Old 8th October 2008, 13:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
they have to deal with harassment from ultra-corrupt government officials at every level.
I'm a native too and I agree with this part. No idea how it is in other parts of the country, but with the local govt. officials/ministers here it's the classic case of "killing the golden goose".

If Gujarat has managed to get a buy in from so many investors, they must be doing a good job and hopefully will keep up the good work.
Old 8th October 2008, 13:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Apparently, Karanataka lost out as they were scared that the humble farmer would pull MB style stunts!
Yes, especially with the elections approaching.
I also feel that the Tatas would not have been impressed with the overall state of the infrastructure in that part of karnataka.

Last edited by Guna : 8th October 2008 at 13:46.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Interesting. About 30 acres of the land being sold to Tata belonged to that one farmer, and he was even willing to give land for free!!!
In the end he settled for less than market price, so that Tata's could come in early. Amazing.

In reality, he did sell off some 53 acres to the Govt. with a loss of Rs 16 Cr...
Old 8th October 2008, 16:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
If Gujarat has managed to get a buy in from so many investors, they must be doing a good job and hopefully will keep up the good work.
This was endorsed by Mr.Ratan Tata himself in todays ET.

We should really appreciate Mr.CM of Gujarat for such a high speed process. Hope the other side of India will learn a lesson from this.

Also, TATA has not exited from Singur. They have only moved out for the NANO project. They may come back for different project, IF the sitatuion is perfect for the entry.
Old 8th October 2008, 16:12   #52
BHPian

This is the best thing Modi could do for gujrat. I am resident of Gurgaon which is being called " THE MILLENNIUM CITY" but I know Gurgaon since it was a small town and had only Mata Sheetla devi mandir to show for as a monument.

Since Maruti came the city, the town became hub of all the industrial activity followed by Corporate office, BPOs and what not.

whatever Gurgaon is today it is only because of Maruti Udyog and Hero Honda plant in Dharuhera
Old 8th October 2008, 17:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Sharma ji fully agree.

The fools in TMC forgot the ecosystem which develops around these plants.

I know in olden times, besides jobs/supplier factories, even Maruti canteen food used to go out into the nearby villages and provide sustenance. It was truly a Gaon before Maruti made it the hub of jobs it is.
Old 8th October 2008, 21:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

Any news from Mamta front? The lady must be repenting why she did what she did. She blew things out of proportions and it blew in her face. She took Tata for granted and thought they would just put up with her antics. By moving out of Singur, Tata just knocked the wind out of Mamta's sails.

It seems WB is run by Mamta and not by Buddha. What kinda helpless CM does WB have? Mamta called the shots and CM just watched helplessly--in sharp contrast to strong ironman Modi.

I am moved beyond words at the response of the Guj people to even donate their land for free for the car project. People of WB and also rest of India need to hang their heads in shame for opposing everything and anything relating to development.

Last edited by pgsagar : 8th October 2008 at 21:57.
Old 8th October 2008, 22:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

I was reading that Tata got the land at Rs 1100/Sq mts. Isnt that exorbitant price considering they are buying 1000 acres? Anything I am missing here?
Old 8th October 2008, 22:19   #56
BHPian

I am just happy that the Nano has got a home where it will be loved.

The only reason TATA went out of Singur is Mamata's hunger for saving her "Kursi - political chair". With ministers like these we don't need any foreign enemies - They will ensure that nuisances are always created whenever there is an opportunity for development.

But then there are people like Ratan Tata who would ensure that the development goes through - with or without any support!

Whether political reasons or not, we need to appreciate Modi and the people of Gujarat for making this possible.

Guys the above is just my opinion not meant for anyone to get offended!
Old 8th October 2008, 22:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

As Tata acknowledged, the project would benefit from not only the sops/business friendly environment but also the from the Infrastructure that the state provides. 24 hours uninterrupted power supply, that's something the people of Karnataka or most part of the country for that matter, can only wish for!
Old 8th October 2008, 22:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Any news from Mamta front? The lady must be repenting why she did what she did.
Even if an issue really exists, involvement of politicians usually messes things up. Reason being that politicians are only interested in politics and vote banks. The welfare of people they claim to be fighting for is always secondary. We have such examples all over the country.
Old 8th October 2008, 23:00   #59
Senior - BHPian

What an amazing thing it would be if Tatas officially unveil first Nano at Singur!!! Or sell the very first Nano to some farmer in Singur!!!
What an interesting symbolic gesture it would be on their part.

Or probably they can gift a special first Nano to one of the families that died in Singur protests.
Old 8th October 2008, 23:40   #60
Senior - BHPian

I somehow find the over enthusiasm from gujarat very suspicious, especially from a place where the PM has total control as most people agree . No doubt the folks there seem to be a positive bunch, but This degree of enthusiasm sounds like the News we initially got from iraq about 'rejoicing' when the american 'liberators' rolled in and 'saved' them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks