Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 14:07   #211
Senior - BHPian

I am taking the X4 on a trip to Shirdi this week end. Last time around it was an Innova. Will post my experiences compared to the Innova next week.
Old 12th March 2010, 15:20   #212
p$p

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Taxi operators will buy whatever customers want to rent. And taxi customers prefer the Innova as there is less body roll (hence, more comfort).
Nothing to disagree but generally customers at large understand only space/comfort. Innova has the advantage of having an 8-seater also, while Xylo is 7 seater only. Innova no doubt has a class but Xylo has picked-up well mainly due to its pricing.
Old 12th March 2010, 18:50   #213
Senior - BHPian

@ p$p: who said? xylo is also available with the same seating configuration as the innova. so even xylo has a 8 seater.

but ideally both are 7 seaters, that is, 2+3+2. in the last row, you cannot really seat 3 people in comfort, unless they are kids.
Old 12th March 2010, 20:53   #214
p$p

I understand Xylo is officially a 7-seater while Innova is 7 & 8 seaters. In any case, like you have stated, virtually both are comfortable for 7 (true).
Old 15th November 2010, 13:50   #215
Senior - BHPian

Innvoa is hardly a 7 Seater. The last row seats are too sunk, and with too little leg room, to be good for anyone but kids. Xylo 3rd row, on the other hand, has oodles of space.
I believe Xylo is far more VFM than an Innova.
Old 17th November 2010, 11:06   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Innvoa is hardly a 7 Seater. The last row seats are too sunk, and with too little leg room, to be good for anyone but kids. Xylo 3rd row, on the other hand, has oodles of space.
I believe Xylo is far more VFM than an Innova.
I am 181 cm tall and have comfortably travelled in the last row of Innova for 3-4 hour drives. The key is to ask the middle row to slide their seal forward 6 inches or so.

The Xylo last row has more space. On the other hand, Innova has boot space to st least stow away a few duffle bags while the Xylo has a non existent boot.

Hightway drives are much comfortable in the Innova because of much superior body control. The vehicle pitches and rools much more less than Xylo and all other MUVs < 20 lakhs. The drivers love the car like handling which allows them to take corners at high speeds and change lanes with confidence in case of emergencies.

Less body roll means more comfort as your muscles do not work overtime to keep you steady.

Finally, the overall cabin fit and finish, in Innova is much better. I bought one after extensively test driving the two.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 17th November 2010 at 11:08.
Old 17th November 2010, 19:09   #217
Senior - BHPian

You cant really compare the xylo & the innova due to their price difference.

both are excellent vehicles with their own pros & cons & it boils down to what you need in your vehicle.

One has the space while other has the quality. one has the engine performance while other has a better handling. one has a price advantage while other has the brand image.
Old 17th November 2010, 20:01   #218
BHPian

^^ I am just wondering why at all you started this thread and yourself saying "you cant really compare the xylo & innova and blah blah blah ..."

Am I reading the handles right ?

And btw, my opinion is that there can be a comparison made b/w these 2 vehicles as long as the target for comparison is TAXI [yellow board].

Prem.
Old 18th November 2010, 09:09   #219
Senior - BHPian

If the relative value delivered by each vehicle is looked at, keeping in mind that both are in the MUV business, then the two vehicles can indeed be compared.
The main points of difference between the two are Space (Xylo), Handling (Innova), Interiors (Xylo), Refinement (Innova), Power (Xylo) and Price (Xylo big time!). Overall, on VFM, Xylo wins hands down.

And one more thing - At some point in my life, for about 2.5 years, I had to ride an Innova to work and back, on a 130 km round trip each day. Believe me, when I say that the only seats worth sitting in were the Co-Driver, and the Middlebench window ones. Middle bench middle seat, has no side supports, and the 3rd row has absolutely no space and a very bad seating position. Xylo by comparison has far more space inside. Now, if only M&M could do something to improve the handling a bit...
Old 18th November 2010, 09:12   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
The key is to ask the middle row to slide their seal forward 6 inches or so.

Finally, the overall cabin fit and finish, in Innova is much better. I bought one after extensively test driving the two.
And compromise on the middle row space.

I test drove both extensively too, and settled for the Xylo.
Old 18th November 2010, 09:26   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
And compromise on the middle row space.
Agreed. The middle row in an Innova is also not particularly spacious and sliding it forward makes it a pain on long distances. By the way, you can only slide it forward in the 7 seater version (which is actually practically only a 6 seater - 2+2+2).
I'd agree to your choice completely. Much more rational.
Old 18th November 2010, 10:14   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Ditto here.

The Innova is the better vehicle - I will not argue that. But as far as passenger space and comfort goes, it cannot compete with the Xylo. And IMO, the issue of body-roll in Xylo is blown out of proportion. Yes, it has more body-roll than the Innova, but it is very much within limits. And the vehicle settles down with a full-load of passengers which improves its manners.

My benchmark is my elder daughter who gets sea-sick, bus-sick, car-sick, roller-coaster-sick etc very quickly. She gets sick if she rides in the back of our MM540 for more than 30 mins. We went a 2000km round trip in the Xylo across Andhra-Orissa border (mostly winding Ghat roads) with the kids in the last row and she never complained once. Xylo meets my needs and then some.

Cheers.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:47   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
Ditto here.

The Innova is the better vehicle - I will not argue that. But as far as passenger space and comfort goes, it cannot compete with the Xylo. And IMO, the issue of body-roll in Xylo is blown out of proportion. Yes, it has more body-roll than the Innova, but it is very much within limits. And the vehicle settles down with a full-load of passengers which improves its manners.

Cheers.
Absolutely Spot on. All SUV's and MUV's have body rolls. None of them can take a corner @ 120/130 like the sedans. The drivers who are driving these MUV's and SUV's know the limit of their cars. So finally it boils down on what you are looking for in a a XYLO/Innova. May be the quality of interiors or the handling may be 5-10% lesser than Innova but only this much of difference will not make XYLO a non buying entity. XYLO also scores in all other facilities it gives even in basic version(E4) when compared to Innova basic version. It also depends which is pure VFM. This is my opinion. Everyone have their own ways of interpreting.
Old 18th November 2010, 16:55   #224
BHPian

I always fascinated to buy a MUV with ( ABS and Airbag Must). Innova V onroad in Delhi is more than 13.5 Lac and G doesn't provide the basic safety features. Only Choice I have is either to go with Xylo E8 or wait from some other manufaturers to launch good quality 7 seaters.

I have a strict budget of Rs. 12.5 Lac can't be stretched even one rupee more than that . Somehow I have started inclining towards Xylo now.
Old 18th November 2010, 17:23   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
^^ I am just wondering why at all you started this thread and yourself saying "you cant really compare the xylo & innova and blah blah blah ..."

Am I reading the handles right ?

And btw, my opinion is that there can be a comparison made b/w these 2 vehicles as long as the target for comparison is TAXI [yellow board].

Prem.
if you look at the excel sheet, you will notice that i have just compared the features & specs of xylo on paper with innova. there are somethings which cannot be compared with an excel sheet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks