Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:29   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes, i feel the scorpio refresh has more or atleast the same amount of body roll as in the xylo.
On what basis ? I have driven both around and methinks the Scorp' is any-day ahead of the Xylo when it comes to body roll . I drove a friends Xylo and it bounced around like a ping pong ball, I am not exaggerating. Take a tight corner/pot hole/ a speed breaker in both and you will realize what I am talking about.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 3rd March 2010 at 16:30.
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:34   #197
Senior - BHPian

well maybe chandras1 & RJ are right. i have not driven the xylo extensively. just a short TD followed by a drive in a xylo taxi. that made me feel the scorpio has more roll.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 3rd March 2010 at 16:35.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:55   #198
BHPian

Thanx guys for clearing it up. Just one more question to u guys, Does the ABS equipped scorpio & xylo have better braking with more bite compaired to the non ABS ones( esp. on the scorp, as planning to buy it sometime this year))

Last edited by piyush78 : 3rd March 2010 at 20:59.
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:49   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Does the ABS equipped scorpio & xylo have better braking with more bite compared to the non ABS ones( esp. on the scorp, as planning to buy it sometime this year))
Definitely yes when compared to a non-ABS vehicle.
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:37   #200
Senior - BHPian

a big YES piyush. go for ABS equipped vehicle only.
Old 4th March 2010, 07:25   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx guys for clearing it up. Just one more question to u guys, Does the ABS equipped scorpio & xylo have better braking with more bite compaired to the non ABS ones( esp. on the scorp, as planning to buy it sometime this year))
3rd March 2010 16:34
Yes. Pls. go in for an ABS variant. In Scorpio, only the Lx doesn't have ABS, all the other variants have ABS.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:12   #202
BHPian

Feb 2010 Sales Figures

This is an extract from the Feb 2010 Sales thread.

As per it, the sales figures of Xylo and Innova is as below.

Model Jan 10 - Feb 10
Xylo 2334 - 2415
Innova 4136 - 4142

There was lot of hype around Xylo wrt VFM, equipment levels etc when it was launched and there was good amount of sales as well. But this years sales result shows that Innova is leading in good numbers. Is it that Xylo is not able to sustain the initial hype?
Old 10th March 2010, 16:19   #203
Senior - BHPian

@Simons, IMO since Innova is used as a taxi (almost 80%) of the times the sales figure might have been more. Even XYLO is also used as a taxi, but not to the extent Innova is sued. I don't know if I am right or wrong. But a E8-XYLO with 2+2+3 seater when finance is a problem is always better than a base variant of Innova at the same price IMO.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:57   #204
BHPian

Have the guys at Mahindra figured out what to do with the vast expanse of empty space below the rear license plate of the Xylo? If that was a horizontal portion, it could be used as a double bed! No offense, but that small portion (rear) of Xylo is pretty lame. But I heard its comfy from inside. Buy a Xylo and 'Have the time of your life'
Old 11th March 2010, 11:11   #205
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
As per it, the sales figures of Xylo and Innova is as below.

Model Jan 10 - Feb 10
Xylo 2334 - 2415
Innova 4136 - 4142

There was lot of hype around Xylo wrt VFM, equipment levels etc when it was launched and there was good amount of sales as well. But this years sales result shows that Innova is leading in good numbers. Is it that Xylo is not able to sustain the initial hype?
The Innova is clearly a superior product. This shows to me that the Indian customer doesn't necessarily go for the cheapest, instead he focussed on value. The Innova is well worth the 2 lakh rupee premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
@Simons, IMO since Innova is used as a taxi (almost 80%) of the times the sales figure might have been more. Even XYLO is also used as a taxi, but not to the extent Innova is sued.
Taxi operators will buy whatever customers want to rent. And taxi customers prefer the Innova as there is less body roll (hence, more comfort).
Old 11th March 2010, 14:24   #206
Senior - BHPian

From the chassis point of view, The Xylo is to be compared only to the Grande MkII because of the rigid ladder chassis construction.

Innova with its monocoque construction will sure win the handling & ride comfort criterion anyday. M&M's gene is entirely different.

Nevertheless the xylo's engine is a true performer.
Old 11th March 2010, 14:54   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
From the chassis point of view, The Xylo is to be compared only to the Grande MkII because of the rigid ladder chassis construction.

Innova with its monocoque construction will sure win the handling & ride comfort criterion anyday. M&M's gene is entirely different.

Nevertheless the xylo's engine is a true performer.
Innova is not a monocoque structure. Its built on a ladder on chasis system to keep the costs low. But they suspension is far better than Xylo in any way.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:00   #208
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Innova is not a monocoque structure. Its built on a ladder on chasis system to keep the costs low. But they suspension is far better than Xylo in any way.
I wouldn't say that the Innova's suspension is better. What one must understand is that each vehicle is built with specific purpose in mind. The Xylo was most probably built keeping bad rural roads in mind. It thus has a higher stance (& CG) as well as a softer suspension. Hence the body roll.

The Innova on the other hand was most probably designed for smooth urban roads and hence has lower CG as well as a stiffer suspension. Hence it rolls & pitches less.

In general, both Indian manufacturers (M&M/ Tata) have their passenger vehicles designed with softer suspensions. They are willing to sacrifice dynamics for better ride quality on bad roads. And some customers like me prefer it that way
Old 11th March 2010, 22:46   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Taxi operators will buy whatever customers want to rent. And taxi customers prefer the Innova as there is less body roll (hence, more comfort).
Adding to this, I feel Taxi segment is more sensitive towards the cost of ownership while they use the vehicle, as they will be looking at a trouble free product which is easy on the pocket rather than spending money on maintenance. (My intension is not to say Xylo is a trouble to maintan)

While I was looking at options for a car, someone had advised me to check the vehicle which is picked for Taxis will be the one which will be easy to maintain.
Old 11th March 2010, 23:34   #210
p$p

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
While I was looking at options for a car, someone had advised me to check the vehicle which is picked for Taxis will be the one which will be easy to maintain.
Cars that are used for taxis are generally reliable, comfortable, fuel efficient & not high on maintenance.

Xylo & Innova both are good. Xylo is VFM while Innova has a class.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks