Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 14:45   #931
BHPian

re: New Mahindra SUV for 2010 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on pg 63

Cool pictures.These pictures clearly show that it'll hane Xenons.And DRL's are hidden under the jacket.
Old 27th January 2011, 14:51   #932
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: New Mahindra SUV for 2010 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on pg 63

maybe this thread's title should be changed - after all 2010 is GONE now!

Perhaps we could call it the Mahindra World SUV thread or something.
Old 27th January 2011, 14:52   #933
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: New Mahindra being Tested

might be worth merging this thread with the other one about Mahindra World SUV
Old 27th January 2011, 15:12   #934
BHPian

Its the Mahindra World SUV, there's already a thread about it. Mods, please merge it.

Here is the link of the other thread
Old 27th January 2011, 15:27   #935
BHPian

Oh thats a catch.
Its the M&M world SUV.
Looked like a complete product.
Hope they lunch the SUV in this year only.
Huge in size.More specious then current Scorpio.
Old 27th January 2011, 15:31   #936
BHPian

any idea on the expected date of launch of this SUV
Old 27th January 2011, 16:07   #937
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlick View Post
Looks like the very same vehicle that I chased. Where did you spot this undercover beast?
Same vechicle!

Between airport and tambaram stretch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Cool pictures.These pictures clearly show that it'll hane Xenons.And DRL's are hidden under the jacket.
Posting a closer crop!

Pics of Page 50 doesnt seem to have the bonnet-scoop! So, is it functional, or for aesthetics (old scorpio), or just for misleading the shape of the bonnet?
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-27012011050b_800.jpg

Whats the hole near the number plate for? Didnt look like a key hole!
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-27012011045_800.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th January 2011 at 16:16.
Old 27th January 2011, 16:19   #938
BHPian

Cheers M&M for changing the bunny grill. In one of the pics in the previous page, see how cool the driver is sitting.
Old 27th January 2011, 17:17   #939
Senior - BHPian

So far the shape and size looks impressive but what's wrong with those door handles! They look odd. Thumps up for the front.

Last edited by HammerHead : 27th January 2011 at 17:20.
Old 27th January 2011, 17:48   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Cheers M&M for changing the bunny grill. In one of the pics in the previous page, see how cool the driver is sitting.
Bunny teeth is there but seemingly subdued due to 1) all other slots to gets chrome treatment 2) shape of the grill is more curved.
Old 27th January 2011, 18:42   #941
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Cheers M&M for changing the bunny grill.
Bunny grill very much still exists. Just that the surroundings teeth too have chrome on them now.
Old 27th January 2011, 19:06   #942
BHPian

ok, guys one here, got my annual review done and expecting atleast 15k(take home) hike from April. Does it makes sense to wait for this beast or is it better to go with Scorpio ? If Scorpio, then i'll be going for Sle model. Vlx is to expensive for me and I'm not fancied about those gizmos. I can consider stretching my budget to buy W201, only if it offers me a significant features, like 4x4 optional in base or mid model, ABS,Airbags and ESP.
Old 27th January 2011, 19:10   #943
BHPian

I just saw this vehicle in Gottigere, Bannerghata Road heading towards Bangalore with blue wraps on it. I did not have a chance to take any pics as it had passed me as I was waiting to cross the road.

May be some other T-Bhpian will have better luck taking a pic of it.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:12   #944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Mahindra needs the numbers more compared to TATA, for whom Aria seems to have been more a branding excercise, pricing against Santa fe benchmark would not work for Mahindra as they need to keep adding SUV's to their portfolio - it being their core business. TATA has the entire spectrum of cars from the small hatch to medium hatch to the sedan to the MUV, Crossover and SUV, so they can take a bit of a breather for branding with the Aria - though finally it will have to make up numbers in export sales if not in India itself. For Mahindra the new SUV should be able to break some new ground (being a monocoque design).

Benchmarking vs the Santa fe for quality and spec is fine, but for pricing it needs to way better.
I guess Mahindra's branding is pretty good now also and it shows up in the sales charts. And this is one product that can shake up if priced well - there were reports in this thread that they are trying to integrate iPad to this car ! So I guess they have good idea of what needs to go in - but lets see what they have on offer.

Quote:
ok, guys one here, got my annual review done and expecting atleast 15k(take home) hike from April. Does it makes sense to wait for this beast or is it better to go with Scorpio ? If Scorpio, then i'll be going for Sle model. Vlx is to expensive for me and I'm not fancied about those gizmos. I can consider stretching my budget to buy W201, only if it offers me a significant features, like 4x4 optional in base or mid model, ABS,Airbags and ESP.
I guess pricing is going to be in Aria territory and shud offer equally or better features. Santa Fe is a CBU right? So local production will give room for W201 to be priced really excellent. And seeing Mahindra's latest launches and pricing, there is no way to think they can get the pricing wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I just saw this vehicle in Gottigere, Bannerghata Road heading towards Bangalore with blue wraps on it. I did not have a chance to take any pics as it had passed me as I was waiting to cross the road.

May be some other T-Bhpian will have better luck taking a pic of it.
GOSH ! Guess it Fun-to-Drive; they came all the way from Chennai. Or are they going to test it over Bangalore speed breakers? I stay in Bannerghatta road and will have my eyes open - But I travel in odd hours, so chances should be low.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th January 2011 at 21:14.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:38   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Mahindra needs the numbers more compared to TATA, for whom Aria seems to have been more a branding excercise, pricing against Santa fe benchmark would not work for Mahindra as they need to keep adding SUV's to their portfolio - it being their core business. TATA has the entire spectrum of cars from the small hatch to medium hatch to the sedan to the MUV, Crossover and SUV, so they can take a bit of a breather for branding with the Aria - though finally it will have to make up numbers in export sales if not in India itself. For Mahindra the new SUV should be able to break some new ground (being a monocoque design).

Benchmarking vs the Santa fe for quality and spec is fine, but for pricing it needs to way better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I guess pricing is going to be in Aria territory and shud offer equally or better features. Santa Fe is a CBU right? So local production will give room for W201 to be priced really excellent. And seeing Mahindra's latest launches and pricing, there is no way to think they can get the pricing wrong!
In the UV segments, it seems like a chess game between M&M and TML. If the W201 is pitched against ARIA, then TML would bring the new Safari and probably price it a bit lower and the old safari would continue to either sell at the same price point or may be a bit less. Add to it M&M's plans on bringing Korando C and Rexton. Power to the customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I guess Mahindra's branding is pretty good now also and it shows up in the sales charts. And this is one product that can shake up if priced well - there were reports in this thread that they are trying to integrate iPad to this car ! So I guess they have good idea of what needs to go in - but lets see what they have on offer.
I do agree that M&M has a good reputation in the UV segment and they are almost spot on with most of their current products. My only grouse being in the looks department (both interior and exterior). Yeah, if priced well W201 has the potential to give everyone a run for their money starting from top-end Innova till top-end Fortuner.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks