Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 18:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Are you sure of that? Have you seen the car in person? I say this because the i20 is not much roomier than the swift despite a much longer wheelbase.

Hopefully the GP is as roomy as it seems to be!
The GP is basically a Linea without a boot...so it will be as roomy as the Linea.
Old 9th March 2009, 18:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

Is there any expected price for GP?
Old 9th March 2009, 22:13   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
If fiat's gonna launch this in 3 months time, maybe it would still come before the VDI you are waiting for
As said before also, my swift's waiting period is over. I got a call from showroom that the car has arrived so i asked is it worth to wait for GP. does any one knows what the price tag would be of GP 1.3 D (swift is for 5.10L ex showroom price Chandigarh)
Old 9th March 2009, 23:05   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The GP is basically a Linea without a boot...so it will be as roomy as the Linea.
The Linea has a wheelbase that is approx. 100 mm more than the GP though. Still I hope you're right!
Old 10th March 2009, 21:20   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
The Linea has a wheelbase that is approx. 100 mm more than the GP though. Still I hope you're right!
If they do that, then usually all of it goes to the back seat area so that they can keep the same front door stamping.
Old 13th March 2009, 16:24   #81
BHPian

Punto launch in June

Fiat plans mid-2009 launch for Grande Punto
source: ACI
Fiat is planning to launch the Grande Punto in June 2009. Based on the same platform as the Linea the Punto was to be originally launched in 2008. Fiat decided to go launch the Linea first, instead.

Even though the Punto is by now ready for production Fiat claims that a six-month launch gap is required to ensure that its dealer network can handle large volumes. Fiat is using the time to fine tune the Grande Punto to further suit the needs of our fuel cautious nation.

The car is planned to be produced in 1.2 and 1.4L petrol engines, apart from the 1.3L Multi-jet diesel. Fiat’s entry into the B-segment is sure to give the popular Maruti Suzuki Swift a run for its money.

Seems like everybody's prayers are answered ... the enthusiasts as well as the "mileage-kya" guys!
Old 13th March 2009, 18:25   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
As said before also, my swift's waiting period is over. I got a call from showroom that the car has arrived so i asked is it worth to wait for GP. does any one knows what the price tag would be of GP 1.3 D (swift is for 5.10L ex showroom price Chandigarh)
Officially prices are not declared. Difficult to say!

Ask Sidindica
Old 13th March 2009, 19:51   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
The car is planned to be produced in 1.2 and 1.4L petrol engines, apart from the 1.3L Multi-jet diesel. Fiat’s entry into the B-segment is sure to give the popular Maruti Suzuki Swift a run for its money.

Seems like everybody's prayers are answered ... the enthusiasts as well as the "mileage-kya" guys!
IMHO, 1.2 engine would be a disaster unless they tweak it to suite Punto. Palio 1.2 engine is not something to write about. I wish they skip 1.2 and give us an option of 1.4 and 1.6 (Palio engine).
Old 13th March 2009, 19:55   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
IMHO, 1.2 engine would be a disaster unless they tweak it to suite Punto. Palio 1.2 engine is not something to write about. I wish they skip 1.2 and give us an option of 1.4 and 1.6 (Palio engine).
Point is to stay with the competition ( Fabia 1.2, i20 1.2 , Jazz 1.2) Fiat would have thought for the 1.2 P and obviously to avail tax benefit . It would be a decent buy for a person stretching his budget for a premium hatch.
Old 13th March 2009, 19:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 1.2 is only to get the excise benefits and shock people with the starting price of the car. It also makes great business sense. Most of the people will drive into the dealership after reading the ads screaming 'GP starting from Rs.x.xx lakhs' only to realise that the price is for the 1.2 Active variant. They may ultimately end up buying the 1.4L. So it's a win win for Fiat. Get people into the showrooms and sell them a higher variant which means more money .
Old 13th March 2009, 20:55   #86
Senior - BHPian

As i understand 1.3Mjd will be 86bhp one right?
Also no hint of pricing, i think should be between5-6lac if they are competing with swift/i20/jazz etc.
Old 13th March 2009, 21:08   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Palio Stile comes with 1.1 engine, not 1.2. So this is different. AFAIK, 1.2P in Punto is of 65 bhp, which is nothig great. But I agree with the reasoning of karanraheja and amit.
Old 13th March 2009, 23:53   #88
BHPian

i guess GP will get 1.2 16V valve version & not the 1.2 8V found in PALIO... 1.2 16V is indeed a very good engine... loads of torque & great mileage & less emissions...

i guess GP wont get the 1.2 MJD 85bhp( actually it is 90bhp), initially it will still get the 75bhp found in palio with a revised gear ratios...
Old 14th March 2009, 12:13   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
i guess GP will get 1.2 16V valve version & not the 1.2 8V found in PALIO... 1.2 16V is indeed a very good engine... loads of torque & great mileage & less emissions...

i guess GP wont get the 1.2 MJD 85bhp( actually it is 90bhp), initially it will still get the 75bhp found in palio with a revised gear ratios...
I was trying to google around for a 1.2 16-valve petrol version. There is one which is available for the Punto but not the GP anywhere internationally - the GP only comes in the 8V version.

As rightly said by fellow TBHPians above, I too get the feeling that the 1.2 will only be there to lure in prospective customers by offering mouth-watering prices. If they do happen to put in the 16V 1.2 instead of the 8V, that'll be fantastic - its rated at 86 bhp (Wikipedia: Punto), and a slight de-tuning plus accounting for the extra 42 cc to bring it under the 1200 cc limit, it can perhaps be designed to give out 75+ bhp - thats not bad! Though this is a really wild guess.
Old 14th March 2009, 18:41   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The 1.2 is only to get the excise benefits and shock people with the starting price of the car. It also makes great business sense. Most of the people will drive into the dealership after reading the ads screaming 'GP starting from Rs.x.xx lakhs' only to realise that the price is for the 1.2 Active variant. They may ultimately end up buying the 1.4L. So it's a win win for Fiat. Get people into the showrooms and sell them a higher variant which means more money .
Makes sense, but I hope they will keep the 1.4 prices in reach and it will not go in Fabia way as far as pricing goes.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks