Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:15   #856
BHPian

If everybody on Team BHP donates only 100 rs, than also we have enough money to put this stuff on TOI front page for a month!!!

Mods: can we do something?
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:19   #857
BHPian

Learn SKODA Learn!

SKODA-India should come forward and do everything possible to make Mr.Harish and each and every teambhp-ian HAPPY! Or else SKODA can start packing all thier stuffs in India and catch thier flights back home!

Seems like the guys in SKODA-INDIA have lost all the senses and they forgot/ignore the real charactor of 'am janta'!! If things goes like this, fellow Indians in Skoda may have to convince thier TOP Management about all that thier neibhours, relatives, friends & all the educated and prospective buyers of cars talk about SKODA in the days & weeks to come. The news has already reached almost all people I know who have a net connection.

How dare you even think of threatening a GROUP like us SKODA?

S H A M E!

Teambhp is a bunch of automobile enthusiasts, atleast 40% are owners / prospective buyers of cars like you manufacture in India. Almost everyone are highly educated and highly placed. You can pick plenty of automonile engineers, doctors, corporate lawyers, businessmen, IT Professionals, CEOs, Presidents/Vice Presidents working in Corporate Giants, Management/Finance experts, journalists, arts/science/engineering/management students etc etc from us!

Whom do you think of sueing so easily? You would want to think a million times before that.

MIND YOU.. A sticker on our cars OR an anti-skoda rally to each and every Skoda dealership by the teambhp-ians will ensure irrepairable damages. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... don't DARE to kick our potentials!

Time is still there SKODA.. realise it and do the right thing quickly.

Last edited by nikkibike : 2nd April 2009 at 18:33.
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:20   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
If everybody on Team BHP donates only 100 rs, than also we have enough money to put this stuff on TOI front page for a month!!!

Mods: can we do something?
I completely support that & would be delighted to do it. Possbily could orchestrate a good rate as well since I keep dealing with Media buying agencies.

Mods pls advice
(PS - can we pls pls pls have that car off the header , its started to furstrate me now )
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:44   #859
BHPian

Spearding the message through the Internet and word of mouth will get us enough and more readership then by just publishing a advertisement in a single publication in a single city.

All Skoda car owners who are affected (Harish / EVO / Navin) and the rest are from different cities and united in this fight thanks to TBHP. I am sure there is no need of any advertisement we can and we have reached a readership for this thread which can beat any pubilcation as we are still going strong and cannot end with a "raddiwala (old paper mart)" after a days reading.

We have 850+ Post and 61300+ views only on the TBHP site imagine the impact and readership of this link and script which are on on other blog sites and groups.

I hope the Skoda Management wakes up and treats India and Indians as valued customers else they are not too far away from doomsday.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:14   #860
BHPian

Damn I just Saw this, I was going to Post the link to Harish's ordeal on Wandering-online.com as well

More over everytime I think of buying a skoda something like this comes up and deters me but this and harish and the other delhi thread with the wiring take the cake.. Not touching skoda with a 10 foot pole now
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:15   #861
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I know I'm really spoon-feeding a company that knows little of the internet (and its power). But here goes:

(99.99)
Ummm, dealers ? All hand in hand, boy!
Haha, we at Team BHP are sure giving Skoda valuable advice and valuable customer research for free. Instead of embracing this info with open arms, they act all immature. Strange.

The other .01 % will be owned by any other individual as to form a company in India you need atleast two legal entities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
evo -

get good pictures, preferably from a professional, of the paint peeling. See that the color below is easily visible and can be identified. Also see if you have a picture of your car with the previous color.
Ok. I have pics of the car when it was yellow too, so thats there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Thats like a death sentence review turned down. That must have felt terrible. Why dont you guys approach the consumer forum ? I am sure you will get a good deal instead of approaching these 3rd rate carpetbaggers.
Perhaps the buyers ?
Carpetbaggers! Havent heard that word in sometime! Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Here's an idea. Collect all these horror stories, make it into a dossier and send it to Clarkson & Co and Fifth Gear. They may berate you on TV for buying Skoda in the first place, but the ten seconds of air time explaining the mess to a few million viewers worldwide will put the fire under VW's behinds.
Its worth a try, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I am wondering if their parent company (VW Germany) is aware of this fraud?
I mailed them too, no response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Every automagazine in India is seriously biased towards one or more vendors. They enjoy joyride to european locations to have exclusive test drives at the cost of the manufacturer and shower all praises for new models. It is very apparent in the way they give awards to manufacturers and products too.
True, even though ACI makes cursory reference to Skoda`s poor service network and all, they never talk about the real stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
How about approaching VW India? VW has openly said that they want to overtake Toyota by 2010 and they are banking on India and China for getting them there. I am sure they wouldn't want their group company to create a hostile atmosphere for them when they launch their cars next year. Or maybe VW thinks that the average Indian doesn't know that Skoda and VW are related so it wouldn't affect them.
Exactly, like I said earlier, ppl are literally buying Skoda cars in disguise. (In reality vice versa, VW is disguised as Skoda)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
i know it was my mis-interpretation, i was just fuming after reading Evo's woes too. Sorry for my outburst, heat of the moment.
Thank you Anil!

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd April 2009 at 19:19. Reason: Deleted the original quotes already and lets not encourage such personal attacks. thanks
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:17   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hello Meghna,

I'm just curious. I'm wondering about the language of the information you have offered Team-BHP under advice.
-----------------
Hey - Thad, funny you let that one go just like that.

Oh well, sorry about that intrusion, carry on, we're all reading.
Exactly what I was thinking, Priceless

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd April 2009 at 21:19. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire large post
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:20   #863
BHPian

I am not sure if it is allowed legally.

I suggest that all T-BHP members in their own respective cities go and stage silent protest in front of Skoda dealerships every day for an hour for a week.

This should get all the attention to Skoda and project reality to Skoda (prospective) owners.

I fell lucky now, i sensed the Skoda dealer is playing with me and moved away to another brand.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:55   #864
BHPian

Old Habits Die hard ...for Skoda won't mend its ways

..Hurraycane stated "I hope the Skoda Management wakes up and treats India and Indians as valued customers else they are not too far away from doomsday"

While I feel that Organisations don't mend ways "Affectively" within concerned time frames say abt 7-10 Years

1. They may Pretend having mended self by doing some Good turns

2. Good Practices they MAY initially display won't Last LONG & won't be Durable and they will resume old practices soon

3. Ford Motor Company used to Exploit Labours ,, Unjust Long Hours ,,,beating Labour Union Members/ Leaders ... unfair Pays etc etc
.........and it continued well beyond Henry Ford times , ie for Decades in short.... Ofcourse Ford started reaping the CURSES of Thousands of Labourers it laid off etc as European & Japanese car companies surpassed them .... Even today Ford is unable to Commendably Run any Entity it puts hand on ,, Land Rover & Jaguar are latest examples

4. many IT firms are Known for Hire & Fire approach , some for Extended working hours etc etc

A. Thus Team-Bhpians ,,, now that ILL Doings & Mal-practices of Skoda have Got Exposed ,,,, Remaining away from Skoda Products wud be Prudent ,, instead of taking chance hoping that things WILL improve

B. We shud not even try to make them more MORAL ,,, but lets Work ONLY UPTILL THE SPARES/ CARS of fellow Team members due to Skoda Company is disbursed or released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Spearding the message through the Internet and word of mouth will get us enough and more readership then by just publishing a advertisement in a single publication in a single city.

All Skoda car owners who are affected (Harish / EVO / Navin) and the rest are from different cities and united in this fight thanks to TBHP. I am sure there is no need of any advertisement we can and we have reached a readership for this thread which can beat any pubilcation as we are still going strong and cannot end with a "raddiwala (old paper mart)" after a days reading.

We have 850+ Post and 61300+ views only on the TBHP site imagine the impact and readership of this link and script which are on on other blog sites and groups.

I hope the Skoda Management wakes up and treats India and Indians as valued customers else they are not too far away from doomsday.
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:00   #865
BHPian

Read the first 4 of the 58 total pages at the time of writing this post. I have to say it must be one of the fastest growing threads of all times on team-BHP.
It seems like Skoda have dug themselves a huge hole. I wonder how many people have changed their minds reading this thread and how it will translate into loss of income for Skoda.
It is unfortunate though that the embarrassment of admitting guilt is keeping them away from ensuring justice.
Lessons to be learnt here, Skoda.
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:04   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Harish, this is what i have emailed Mid-day. Lets see the outcome tomorrow morning.

Anil
Perfect anil. My net is down. Using my cell. Will get bck later. Thanx
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:51   #867
BHPian

I have posted this thread to Digg.com. For those of you who don't know about Digg, it is a *very* popular social news website where anyone can submit a URL and other members "Digg" it or "Bury" it. If there are enough number of "Diggs", the story moves to the home page of Digg.com which results in insane traffic to the URL posted.

BHPians, please spend two minutes to sign up at Digg and digg this story:
Skoda Auto sucks - threatens users describing their service

This would be a great method to draw international attention to the issue we are facing.
Old 2nd April 2009, 21:13   #868
Senior - BHPian

@Evo - Why did you changed the yellow and opt for blue(judging by your display pic)?
I feel Yellow looked hot on Octy.
And i guess yellow used to come only in Vrs, is that right?
Old 2nd April 2009, 21:34   #869
xPK
BHPian

I too stand for publishing these experiences in news papers. Skoda saga is going on and on. I never thought this thread will bring out so many rats in the light which were till now creeping in the dark quite unnoticed. IMO news papers will be more effective than just sticking to internet. After reading all these posts, I could literally feel blood in my eyes. I can't think of any other way to help Harish, who is not just fighting his battle, but represents all the car lovers and owners in india.

Anil has already trying for mid-day, should we try TOI as well?
Any TOI related guy?

We have to collect all the experiences posted on various threads to include in the article. That should be quite effective. I have already started building the repository. Will post my findings once I'm done. Meanwhile, if you came across some new posts, do let me know.
Old 2nd April 2009, 21:39   #870
BHPian

]It is really scary. I am sure that any one who reads this thread would not buy a Skoda again in his life.
SKODA - Before making beautiful statements like "Obsessed with quality" - you should know what quality means

Most Viewed