Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 21:27   #1351
BHPian

The skoda incident has been written about in this blog also, which I follow.

I Will Never Buy A Skoda! (Must read for anyone in PR) | WATBlog.com - Web, Advertising and Technology Blog in India
Old 13th April 2009, 23:04   #1352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Ok next time I'll try JMD and report.
Nooooooooooooooo! You have a perfectly working car!!

Just kidding, i get scared the moment you mention try out a workshop
Old 13th April 2009, 23:19   #1353
Senior - BHPian

guys, I've been late on this thread.
anyway, I looked at Skoda Corporate's profile and guess what: they drive a hyundai and a mahindra
Even the own company people don't drive skoda's!

Also, Skoda's whole *premium* image is rubbish. In Europe, skoda is considered to be one of the lowest ranking "image" brands and are sold as a cheaper alternative to VW's. a real eurobox!

Skoda's has lost me as a customer, and everyone I know.

cheers

Last edited by anekho : 13th April 2009 at 23:23.
Old 14th April 2009, 01:30   #1354
Senior - BHPian

would also like to add this wiki link:

Skoda India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to the part titled "Consumer Litigation" and enjoy

cheers
Old 14th April 2009, 02:30   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post

cheers
Now thats a good find! Skoda higher-ups probably haven't seen this yet!
(Gives me another reason to like wikipedia!)
Old 14th April 2009, 04:55   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post

cheers
I hope it stays there for a while.The word about skoda's shoddy A.S.S. has rapidly been spreading and has become a matter of regular discussion on some popular networking sites (in the communities) and other public forums as well.Whats shcoking though,is the fact that during every such discussion,new cases of skoda causing harassment to the customer emerge for sure.Latest being a prev-gen superb owner at chandigarh who was charged approx. Rs.23000 for touching up a few scratches and attending to a small dent on the rear door.
Old 14th April 2009, 09:41   #1357
BHPian

The dealer says - his Skoda Laura airbag did not open because the truck did not hit him from the right angle.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Ludhiana Stories
Old 14th April 2009, 09:54   #1358
BHPian

@harishv, That article is dated back to July 2006 (3 years ago). Obviously Skoda India has not learnt anything since the past 3 years. Only thing that has happened is that such cases have become common across india for Skoda. Still the company is turning a blind eye towards it. Skoda may have tasted success in India till date mainly due to lack of competion, the same would not be true going forward as there are better products with cheaper parts & better A.S.S today. The sooner Skoda realizes the better or its game over!
Old 14th April 2009, 11:03   #1359
GTO
Team-BHP Support

So I met with Mr. Shanbagh - a veteran from the motorsports scene of the 80's and a hard-core petrolhead - last evening to pick up my Vtec. His client apparently bought a brand new Octavia RS (final pieces) and wanted a custom paintjob prior to showroom delivery. Auto Bahn was in charge of the delivery as well as the custom paint job. When the repainted car was delivered, some parts (including the air-con compressor) were malfunctioning. The air-con wasn't even cooling on delivery day itself!! A closer look confirmed that they are old parts and had absolutely no place in a brand new car. He's has pictures of the same, but didn't push for legal action as Auto Bahn made up and put back the original parts. Needless to say, his car hasn't visited that wretched workshop ever again.

I was hardly surprised. Damn idiots, unless Skoda India & its dealers mend their ways....it's going to be a harsh (read : REAL harsh) ride for them. The customer has had ENOUGH of their nonsense. I shudder to think how many such cheating cases are out there, that we aren't even aware of.

Last edited by GTO : 14th April 2009 at 11:05.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2009, 11:35   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
aaggo

I am ready to put my neck on the line. Hang me if I am wrong.

Let us have a clinic, for all Skoda cars serviced by Nummer Eins ( lets start with them ), to verify parts for their originality. We can start with BHPian cars.

Let us have an expert on Skoda parts, somebody like ajmat ?, conduct this.

Let us have the media in on the party.

Trust me my friend, this will be the right one to hit the 'Breaking News'.

Let us advertise this gathering in leading newspapers and see how Skoda comes out of its shell, faster than a vRS, with the fire brigade clanging behind.

Skoda cannot take action against us for checking our own cars. can they?

But of course, you have to contend with the now famous tag line,

'these parts were not ascertained to have been put by our dealer'
I reiterate, let's do this and rest our case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So I met with Mr. Shanbagh - a veteran from the motorsports scene of the 80's and a hard-core petrolhead - last evening to pick up my Vtec. His client apparently bought a brand new Octavia RS (final pieces) and wanted a custom paintjob prior to showroom delivery. Auto Bahn was in charge of the delivery as well as the custom paint job. When the repainted car was delivered, some parts (including the air-con compressor) were malfunctioning. The air-con wasn't even cooling on delivery day itself!! A closer look confirmed that they are old parts and had absolutely no place in a brand new car. He's has pictures of the same, but didn't push for legal action as Auto Bahn made up and put back the original parts. Needless to say, his car hasn't visited that wretched workshop ever again.

I was hardly surprised. Damn idiots, unless Skoda India & its dealers mend their ways....it's going to be a harsh (read : REAL harsh) ride for them. The customer has had ENOUGH of their nonsense. I shudder to think how many such cheating cases are out there, that we aren't even aware of.
Wow.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:41   #1361
BHPian

With the number of new horror stories emerging everyday, it feels absolutely scary as a Skoda owner, though personally I have been taken care well so far in my less than 3 months ownership, but the strange feeling of the inevitable happening " one day" is there.

Yesterday at the Skoda workshop I met a gentleman whose Superb has been on a 39th trip to the workshop in less than 3 years with 74K kms on the odo. He has spend about 3 lac so far on the repairs and was taking the official printouts etc. at the workshop in preparation for a law suit, Another one on Skoda.. but does it really matter to them?

I guided this gentleman to the forum and requested him to post his story for the benefit of the larger group, Im not sure though, if he would do it or not and hence have posted the details above as I remember.

His another grouse was related to the price reduction on the old superb during the clearance of the old stocks. he was feeling cheated on having paid almost 8L more on the same car and was claiming "had it been Honda, thsy would have returned the 8 lacs", I personally would not believe that and moreover Honda does not have a history of reducing the prices.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:54   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
@harishv, That article is dated back to July 2006 (3 years ago). Obviously Skoda India has not learnt anything since the past 3 years. Only thing that has happened is that such cases have become common across india for Skoda. Still the company is turning a blind eye towards it. Skoda may have tasted success in India till date mainly due to lack of competion, the same would not be true going forward as there are better products with cheaper parts & better A.S.S today. The sooner Skoda realizes the better or its game over!
SKODA according to me is not tasting success due to lack of competition, its mainly because of CRAZY INDIAN PEOPLE MENTALITY. sorry to say that but i find this true including me. the moment one looks at skoda one thing comes to mind. this is prestigious car, a costly one owned by successful ( not brain wise) people. this is my dream car.
when a normal person buys a car he surfs the reviews on the net for days and months. but skoda is an obsession. people put in lacs on it, later to realize the horror experience. thanks to skodaASS and costly spares
Old 14th April 2009, 12:07   #1363
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A closer look confirmed that they are old parts and had absolutely no place in a brand new car. Auto Bahn made up and put back the original parts. Needless to say, his car hasn't visited that wretched workshop ever again. Damn idiots, unless Skoda India & its dealers mend their ways....
Crazy. From a new car! from their own dealership. Strange.

I`m planning to go and leave my car at JIA either today or dayafter, feel a little weird though. Very uncertain.

Last edited by evo : 14th April 2009 at 12:08.
Old 14th April 2009, 12:10   #1364
BHPian

Hi,

I see a red Skoda popping out at the top righthand corner of the Team BHP homepage! I think the same should be removed as a mark of protest. I am sure quite a lot of fellow bhpians may not agree with me, I feel that we need to boycott Skoda in anyform to give justice to this Thread!
Old 14th April 2009, 12:19   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.mishra View Post
Hi,

I see a red Skoda popping out at the top righthand corner of the Team BHP homepage! I think the same should be removed as a mark of protest. I am sure quite a lot of fellow bhpians may not agree with me, I feel that we need to boycott Skoda in anyform to give justice to this Thread!
I believe that its being done shortly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks