Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2005, 16:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Not worth the price difference. Rather stick with the decently equipped base and choose alloys etc yourself.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
What I really want to know is the price of the 1.2 version. Could possibly be the cheapest sedan in India, or on par with the Indigo in pricing. GTO
Thats a good point. However as someone has already pointed out, the silence from FIAT-India is mystifying to the extreme.
Old 20th May 2005, 16:39   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
One of the reasons I was put off by the Baleno was also the responsiveness of the sales team from Maruti. They never answered my queries in time. BTW, how much did the Euro III Baleno cost you?
That's odd. In Bangalore they couldn't stop calling before and even after the sale. The ex-showroom was 5.73L and 6.48L on road thanks to high lifetime road tax.
Old 20th May 2005, 16:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
That's odd. In Bangalore they couldn't stop calling before and even after the sale. The ex-showroom was 5.73L and 6.48L on road thanks to high lifetime road tax.
Then you were treated well! I had to wait weeks to get those guys talking. They were courteous and nice but a tad too complacent. In fact when ever I tried to contact them the standard line was - 'Sorry Sir! The sales person is out on the field'. And the chap did not bother calling back either. Compared to that the Fiat guy drove 45 minutes through rush hour traffic to give me a test drive .... 6.48L .. whewww !! How much does an NHC cost there? I am an ex-B'lorean but never gave a thought to car prices there.
Old 20th May 2005, 17:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I remember someone mentioning that the previous Petra was 5.4 or 5.5 on the road in Pune. So its an extra 70,000 - 80,000 for what?
GTO
As per banglaore price, difference will come to 55,000, since earlier ex-showroom price was 4.84.
Old 20th May 2005, 17:45   #20
BHPian

Hi Manish,
I would suggust you also to talk to Tribhuwan Mangalore who gives better deal than sunderam. I got free Insurance ,Music System and Rs 5000 Accesories free.

Bhishma
Old 20th May 2005, 18:00   #21
BHPian

out of the options you are getting in ELX only the ones mentioned below are the ones that you cant get done yourself
- Electric operated side mirrors
- Tilt steering
So if you need these 2 really really bad, go for ELX, else, buy EL and get the rest done :-)
Old 20th May 2005, 18:00   #22
BANNED

Hi

Just to clarify: the price is for the NEW 1.6ELX model with fully loaded features, which did not exist before. So comparing with the earlier model may be comparing apples with oranges.

The key question is whether Petra 1.6 ELX loses its price advantage at 6.2L price point (ofcourse factoring in all the features it gives) and whether it opens doors for all those who were considering it earlier, to now go to Baleno etc OR is it still worth at that price

Regards
Old 20th May 2005, 18:04   #23
BHPian

manishk13

any information offered on the Adventure?

I am really waiting to get my hands on the Adventure. when..oh...when ?
Old 20th May 2005, 18:16   #24
BHPian

Am trying to make sense of this:

Fiat launches 4 models..

They do not advertise or announce the launch

Around the same time they send all their staff on 2 weeks vacation.
(read FIAT PETRA Power Steering problem and FIAT... by rishi_kapoor in the long term reviews section)

What the hell are they up to?
Old 20th May 2005, 18:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

If the price difference is around 50K, it would term it as good deal.

For guys comparing Petra with Baleno, ELX is top end model with spoilers/alloys. So if you want to compare it, compare with Baleno VXi. Roughly, EL can be compared with LXi and ELX with VXi.
Old 20th May 2005, 18:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
Fiat launches 4 models..
They do not advertise or announce the launch
To be fair to the Fiat dealer here, I got a call from Ashwamegh auto (Fiat dealer in Pune) last Saturday to inform the new models. They invited me to visit their showroom to check out new beauties. Along with Petra, Palio also has Euro-III engine. The interior is redone, I believe. But right now I am very much busy with other things, so didn't have time to visit the show room.
Old 20th May 2005, 18:38   #27
BHPian

How does Fiat intend selling its vehicles if there is no buzz about new things happening to the cars. They are adding luxury to the car but with no advertisement.

It seems funny that such a potential vehicle has no back up support of any kind in the country. They should really make up their mind on how to handle the Indian market.
Old 20th May 2005, 23:57   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

The Petra makes sense for us Bombayites but what about Banglore people?
Nobody will buy the Petra Diesel if you consider the A.S.S and Banglore has scope for atleast 300 Petra sales Monthly.
Old 21st May 2005, 00:13   #29
BANNED

What no ABS, sad to know for this kind of hike.. Rear spoiler will really spoil the show of the car.. IMHO
Old 21st May 2005, 17:31   #30
BHPian

Drool on the latest and greatest Petra

As mentioned (in my intro) I'll be upgrading from my Zen VX to the Petra next week. Anybody seen the new Petra 1.6L (petrol)? It'll blow your mind!! I won't say anything about Fiat. (Hasn't enough heartburn been caused already?)

This is not a review of the Petra - there are other threads on that subject. But, for the benefit of die-hard Palio/Siena/Petra fans, here go the cool new features on the spanking new 2005 Petra ELX PS (high end ver.):

Pluses:

Engine - 1596 cc petrol giant churning out 100 bhp at 4250 rpm

0. With great new metallic colors (particularly shades of gray and silver), you gotta admit that this one's a looker. A head-turner for sure!!
1. Power steering (leather) with tilt mech., power windows (but of course)
2. Leather stick shift
3. Internally adjustable (electronic !) side mirrors
4. Alloy wheels (company standard)
5. Central locking (no great shakes, but what the heck)
6. Dipper beam adjustable to three positions at the flick of a switch on the dashb!
7. Rear spoiler on the boot
8. Rear defogger
9. Body colored handles
10. Side moulding
11. Euro III

Minuses: Just one - At an ex-showroom price of 5.37L (Pune), doesn't come with factory fitted stereo. Does come with pre-wiring for six speakers though.

What can I say about the drive; its just so Exhilirating. Cant' wait to be at the helm - counting the days 'til next Saturday when I get the delivery.

(-camry)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks