Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2005, 09:01   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Definitely worth it dude. Congrats .. and I am feeling JEALOUS.
Same here. I had to spend the same amount without any of those new offerings. Congrats Camry93. Enjoy..
Old 24th May 2005, 10:04   #47

Congrats man

5.58 all incl....that's a great deal for greatest car you can buy at that money. Post snaps soooon..
Old 24th May 2005, 10:55   #48
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Camry93. I struggled for months on the Petra decision and finally went for Baleno. Bangalore's only Fiat dealer has very very very bad reputation, I couldn't in good conscious buy from him. Also, now Karnataka has only two dealerships in the whole state. The Mangalore dealer recently closed down. Besides, I will be moving out of Bangalore next year, so how can I get any service done. With Maruti I don't have to worry about service at all.

Pune apparently has excellent Fiat support, so you can probably go for it with much more confidence.

BTW, what are the other variations available with Petra, you have mentioned PS, is there a SP (ABS/Airbag) too.
Old 24th May 2005, 11:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
BTW, what are the other variations available with Petra, you have mentioned PS, is there a SP (ABS/Airbag) too.
No Samurai. I dont think there is such a version. However this option exists on the higher end Petra D.
Old 24th May 2005, 14:55   #50
BANNED

camry93

That is too good to be true. I tried to be a "tough" customer with Sundaram Motors, Koramangala, Bangalore (sales guy called Ranjit) and said I am walking out if you don't give me a discount on the loaded ELX, specially as one of the first people buying. They don't care and did not budge a single Rupee from 6.2 L on the road. Is it bravado (since car and value at 6.2L is still intact) or is it sheer apathy to customer I don't know. Any one has ideas on what the true worth of Elx in Bangalore would be and how much discount I should push for? The ex-showroom price is 5.4L.

CAMRY93, I AM JEALOUS !!!

Manish
Old 24th May 2005, 14:59   #51
BANNED

camry93,

another question : are you sure model you are buying is 1.6 ELX and not 1.6 EL PS? The offcial price list has no such model called 1.6 ELX PS. 1.6EL PS is 5.8 on the road and 1.6 ELX is 6.2 on the road in Bangalore

Manish
Old 24th May 2005, 15:02   #52
BANNED

I think some one had wanted to know if Adventure is on the newly launced list. It indeed is (atleast in Bangalore) at 5.7L ex-showroom and 6.6L all inclusive.

The big question is which one to buy between Petra 1.6ELX and Abenture given just a 40k difference
Old 24th May 2005, 15:06   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk13
They don't care and did not budge a single Rupee from 6.2 L on the road. Is it bravado (since car and value at 6.2L is still intact) or is it sheer apathy to customer I don't know.
Now imagine the kind of after sales support you can get from them. That's Sundaram for you. Their reputation practically chased me away from owning a Petra. If not for them I would have waited for Euro III Petra and would have bought now.
Old 24th May 2005, 16:13   #54
BHPian

i think the baleno would still beat the petra flat out coz of its super engine
Old 24th May 2005, 16:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk13
They don't care and did not budge a single Rupee from 6.2 L on the road. Is it bravado (since car and value at 6.2L is still intact) or is it sheer apathy to customer I don't know.
Manish
I had a similar experience when I was buying my Palio. They did not offer me any discount apart from the corporate discount of 8K. But since I thought and still think that Palio is the best buy in this price bracket, I went ahead with it (I am not considering Swift here as it is yet to be released).
Old 24th May 2005, 16:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod
Hmmm. Yeah. Maybe. LOL actually ....
Old 24th May 2005, 17:22   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod
The Petra's engine (100bhp) is actually MORE powerful than the Baleno's (94bhp). But the Baleno may edge out the Petra in the performance stakes simply because it is lighter than the Petra (I think 980kg vs 1100+).
Old 24th May 2005, 18:15   #58
BHPian

In Ride Quality Petra definitely beats all other cars in its segments.. To Experience it Take this machine on a Highway and drive, you will feel the difference. Its Amazing with ride and Handling.
Old 24th May 2005, 18:44   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Camry93,
congrats.
I am sure you will be happy with your decision 7 years down the line.
My only grouch is the A.S.S. Just got our car back from Shaman and they did a terrible job so it is Anuroop all the way for me now.
Old 24th May 2005, 18:57   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Rishi stayed in Mumbai and simply visited the wrong dealer.
He says he liked the car but was unhappy with the dealer.

Maybe Rishi would have been Happy if he went to another dealer.
Hi, I tried Angad also, he is worse. My dealer experience with Samyak (Delhi) has been very good. I think the problem in end narrated the entire story...Dealer does not have company's support and thats the issue. They dont maintain inventories (as per dealer) because FIAT insists on each spare checked by "it's own" people before providing replacement to dealer. Do you think you would leave your car for "Fiat's people" to check and than replace your head light (for some issue) for 3-4 days at dealership. Dealer is bad but company is worse.

By the way I am one of founder members of Fiat Club and Palio users group in Yahoo. I have two Fiats one 1.6 Petra and other 1.6 GTX and I am absolutely happy with my cars. I think better support would just add more pep to great cars.

Hope Fiat is able to mend it's ASS in near future.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks