Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2009, 17:47   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Only one single model according to dealers.
Exactly my point, so what was ak confirming?
Old 25th May 2009, 16:14   #167
BHPian

Got a call of Dakshin Honda Bangalore. Launch on 10th June (All India). HE was saying a separate launch in Blore on 16th June. Only 1 variant.
Price 7-7.5L on road Bangalore. Expected to get display vehicles by 10th June.

Bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Got a invitation from one of the dealer here for the launch on 11 JUNE.

Is there anyone here who got a call too ?
Old 25th May 2009, 16:53   #168
BHPian

all jazzy & no substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishw View Post
I second Sid here. i20 is not a flop by any means. I own one. And it has been a breeze driving this beauty for a 1000+ kms till now. The only reason you don't see many on the roads is because (as Sid said), Hyundai currently is concentrating more on exports, so pretty long waiting periods for the domestic market for this new car. But once it is in your hands, you will fall in love with it. Many of my friends and relatives who have seen/drove the car are pretty impressed with it. Yes, it is a bit highly priced, but then not for nothing is it called a premium hatch. And it being sluggish and slow, well, it is not a highway scorcher by any means, but offers a decent and refined ride. The engine is really silent. IMO, both Magna and Asta variants are great buys.
Bottomline: It is a beautiful and well refined family car.
In my opinion, as a member of team-"bhp", BHP DOES MATTER

well puns apart, i may sound like a horsepower junkie. but i feel that you just cannot separate the engine from the car and the car from the engine. the same kappa engine which make the i-10 such a fabulous car, ends up making the i-20 look like a laggard white elephant. Seriously folks, i'll get a pain in my chest sitting in a 6 lac car with curtain airbags and watch a 3.5 lac wagonr whizz past me. wont need 6 airbags at that slow speed anyways. my good o'l seat belts would suffice.

anyways back to the topic. its really disappointing coz even with such hi-funda techno stuff like i-vtec, the jazz makes only about 90 ps. only 5 ps more than the suzuki K-12M in the Ritz, which is also a much lighter car (no wonder govt. ARAI says the mileage is 17.7kmpl in real world driving). Honda engines are known for their refinement, but i would at any point of time love a good ol'growl (vroom) from the exhaust and 10-15 bhp extra BHP certainly wont hurt. they come a lot handy in panic situations, say you are overtaking on the highway and a truck suddenly appears from the opposite side. agreed curtain airbags would also come handy here, but i would rather spend my hard earned money on a punchy engine, good handling and a very decent pair of brakes. No wonder we have people in team-bhp who have waited 3-4 months for a swift VDI, 190nm torque on tap at 2500rpm, beat that. honda jazz just withers with 110nm , that too at 4800 rpm!! honda you gotta be kidding me!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th May 2009 at 17:08. Reason: Smilie usage and dotty post, thanks.
Old 25th May 2009, 17:26   #169
BHPian

A real Jazzy Jazz, see below:
Attached Thumbnails
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country-jazzy.jpg  

Old 25th May 2009, 17:57   #170
BHPian

This one variant theory confounds me. Now arent car makers supposed to cater to as large an audience as possible with permutations and combinations in terms of features and price.
Or are we missing something that Honda has an insight (no pun intended) on from the sales of the ANHC.
Old 25th May 2009, 18:14   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
No wonder we have people in team-bhp who have waited 3-4 months for a swift VDI, 190nm torque on tap at 2500rpm, beat that. honda jazz just withers with 110nm , that too at 4800 rpm!! honda you gotta be kidding me!
Thanks.[/b]
Uhh, yeah, lets compare diesels to petrols in terms of torque.
Old 25th May 2009, 23:02   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
Or are we missing something that Honda has an insight (no pun intended) on from the sales of the ANHC.
s

Honda, in its infinite wisdom, has decided that just one variant would do for us mere mortals.

Any Honda fans plonking down the booking amount without even taking a look at the car?
Old 26th May 2009, 00:44   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Uhh, yeah, lets compare diesels to petrols in terms of torque.
yup, its definately not fair to compare the two,the sticky fuel certainly has different characteristics as compared to gasoline. But i guess in the real world, driveability of the engine is what matters to the car owner, frankly its just like when we go jukebox shopping, its a known fact that good RMS is what matters to the astute listener, not 1000s of watts PMPO. Similarly,low end grunt and loads of torque is what plasters a grin on our face everytime we lay our hands on a fine engine, petrol or diesel ? lets leave it to the fuel pump attendent
Old 26th May 2009, 06:03   #174
BHPian

I was eagerly waiting for the Jazz for buy for my wife..now with this price tag, and no varients no ACC / Alloys, I would rather look at options. I have no clue why Honda things or people in India think that Honda is a so called premium badge. They make good cars, last long, excellent resale..but so do many others.

I love the looks of the i20 and I am awaiting Punto, I think Punto will really rock this segment and am sure it will be competitevly priced as the Linea is. Bravo would be much more expensive than the Jazz but is definately a super hatch.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:07   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post
I was eagerly waiting for the Jazz for buy for my wife..now with this price tag, and no varients no ACC / Alloys, I would rather look at options. I have no clue why Honda things or people in India think that Honda is a so called premium badge. They make good cars, last long, excellent resale..but so do many others.

I love the looks of the i20 and I am awaiting Punto, I think Punto will really rock this segment and am sure it will be competitevly priced as the Linea is. Bravo would be much more expensive than the Jazz but is definately a super hatch.
I wholeheartedly agree with this one. Honda is just going over the top with their prices now! :(
Old 26th May 2009, 10:45   #176
BANNED

The price in Bangalore starts from 7.52L as per the Bangalore Dealer !
Any takers ?!

Last edited by wildon : 26th May 2009 at 10:46. Reason: Price details correction
Old 26th May 2009, 11:57   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Any takers ?!
completely worth it - with that awesome engine and all those amazing features which should be there in a top end hatchback puts all other hatches to shame!!
Old 26th May 2009, 12:20   #178
BHPian

Quote:
On Road or ex-showroom ?
Old 26th May 2009, 12:31   #179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujai View Post
On Road or ex-showroom ?
7.52L starting is ex-showroom price in Bangalore
Old 26th May 2009, 12:32   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any takers ?!
9lac OTR for a hatch?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks