Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 23:51   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
i will be going to concorde mostly tomorrow morning. It is 1.4 motion+ in my mind. i wish the steering was similar to i20, i just loved that
vinz, please update me/forum once you visit the showroom tomorrow morning.
i plan to visit the concorde showroom on mysore road tomorrow and try to see the car in flesh.
Old 16th June 2009, 00:16   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Could not say the same about Maruti, dealers had no colour panel even a week after the launch of Ritz.
very true. i have completed 1000Kms in my Ritz and going to give it for first service 2moro. Still, i dont have mud flaps or matching mats for my car. They said flaps and mats will arrive in a week, but still no sign of them. Last week when i called them, they said that it will be fitted when i give it for first service, and i hope so.
Old 16th June 2009, 01:53   #168
BHPian

Not even a day left
Can't wait to get my hands on the car;has team-bhp been invited ?
Old 16th June 2009, 07:34   #169
BHPian

I dont think team-bhp was invited for the Linea launch. But then may be Fiat has learnt something from the Ritz and Jazz launches. But I guess, even if it is invited, GTO would like to keep it a secret till he puts up an awesome review!
Old 16th June 2009, 08:29   #170
BHPian

one more day to go, and still no confirmed leak on prices, not even on auto magazine sites.
have our SIDs lost interest in their hobby?
or have FIAT aced everyone this time?
Old 16th June 2009, 09:46   #171
Senior - BHPian

less than 24 hrs to go and still we do not have confirmed news on price.

Wake up guys!!
Old 16th June 2009, 10:16   #172
BHPian

Anyone planning to visit BU Bhandari showroom @ Pune

Anyone planning to visit BU Bhandari showroom in Pune? Planning to go there around 6pm. PM me if anyone else plans to go as well.

I have driven this beauty 600+ kms (London to Wales and back) in 2 days with no fatigue - the 1.4 petrol could do a constant 90 mph on the motorways. Just hope the handling and the build quality is the same. If so - Fiat has a customer lined up!

Anyone received any response after the registration on the fiat punto site. Launch is one day away and no invite/ mailer/ teaser yet?
Old 16th June 2009, 10:51   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogidada View Post
Anyone planning to visit BU Bhandari showroom in Pune? Planning to go there around 6pm. PM me if anyone else plans to go as well.
Did you check your PM?
Old 16th June 2009, 10:58   #174
BHPian

Convinced my brother-in-law to keep waiting for the GP since April. Bad news is that here in Guwahati the cars for demo/display will not arrive on 17th. According to the dealer there will be a delay of at least a week and actual delivery of the vehicles may take a few weeks more. I'm afraid there will be another i20 sold instead of a GP.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:02   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Convinced my brother-in-law to keep waiting for the GP since April. Bad news is that here in Guwahati the cars for demo/display will not arrive on 17th. According to the dealer there will be a delay of at least a week and actual delivery of the vehicles may take a few weeks more. I'm afraid there will be another i20 sold instead of a GP.
Oh no! wait. Tell them, just 2 more weeks!
Old 16th June 2009, 11:22   #176
BHPian

There is a link rediff website today about punto.

Check out the Fiat Grande Punto! Rediff Money
Old 16th June 2009, 11:36   #177
BHPian

Ok my Brother who does car reviews/testing is being taken by Air to Delhi (from Mumbai) with 7 other top rated Magazine/TV ch guys for the big launch. I will keep you all updated about the event.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:36   #178
ashwinpak

The report says: "However, Fiat's Blue&Me system and eco-Drive won't make it to the Punto, as it pushes up the cost significantly.". is that true? BTW, what is eco-drive?

Also, I was of the impression that the Punto is going to have a HPS rather than the EPS similar to the Linea. However while I was reading some reviews of the UK Punto, it is mentioned that the Punto has a EPS. Can somebody confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
There is a link rediff website today about punto.

Check out the Fiat Grande Punto! Rediff Money

Old 16th June 2009, 11:45   #179
BHPian

i have a sneaking feeling that fiat would definately price punto in comparison to i20.
with base petrol version starting at around 4.8-5.0 lacs and base diesel version starting at 5.75-5.9 lacs.
and i am of the view that a "super-mini" like punto definately needs to be positioned in this price band.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:46   #180
BHPian

Hi guys,

Had a sneak preview of the car today. She was a Blue emotion pack. Looks - Enuff said already

Fit finish - Similar to Linea. I felt the plastics were a tad better. I was told even the plastics on the newer Lineas are improved.

Interiors - The black and grey dash look good. Much better than the beige version. Though this tends to give a slight claustrophobic looks. The fabric on the seats is nice with the P logo embossed.

Engine -It was the petrol 1.4 L. A tad noisy. Fiat should have given more attention to the sound deadening. Couldn't take her out as she's yet to be launched.

Boot - Okay. A few soft bags and that's it. Nothing to write home about. 60:40 split seats.

WORST PART - Pathetic rear leg room and head room. I am 6'1" and with me sitting in front there no space behind. Why Fiat why??? Forget Palio/Getz I felt even Swift is better than this. This is going to turn off people who wan't a spacious family car.

Pricing was some thing which no one talked about. But hinted at 6.3-6.4 lacs on road for diesel emotion pack and around 5.5 lacs for petrol emotion pack.

All the best to you Fiat.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks