Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 13:47   #301
Senior - BHPian

I love the looks of the Fogo.
its nothing outstanding...but the understated looks says a lot.

Just hope that it looks good in flesh too and Ford India gets the pricing right.

Rumour is that the Figo will be priced in the rs. 3.5 lac bracket. That makes it enticing.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:10   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
(Disclaimer:

Ford Figo

Dimensions:*
  • Length: 3980 mm
  • Width: 1690 mm
  • Height: 1520 mm
  • Wheelbase: 2520 mm
  • Ground clearance: 170 mm
How about the Weight of the Vehicle? Gross weight or Kerb Weight?

Last edited by Dippy : 4th November 2009 at 16:14. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 4th November 2009, 14:36   #303
oss
BHPian

Great scoop Sid

From the details it looks like FIGO is going to be the bootless version of current Fiesta Sedan, with the taller body of Fusion. Even the interiors from the details look to be of current Fiesta's.

The diesel engine seems better on paper than the current one with a marginal increase in peak Torque, that too coming in at 1800rpm itself.

I guess the killer pricing would be for the petrol version, and the diesel should be priced 5+. If not the current Fiesta resale value would get hit bigtime.

Wonder how they managed to reduce the turning circule radius further by 10cm without reducing the front/rear track and with an increased wheel base. May be 4.8m is only for the Petrol version, diesel would still be with 4.9m TCR?
Old 4th November 2009, 15:35   #304
BHPian

Look at the GC its 170 mm, 30 mm shorter then the fusion, so might not look like a Fusion after all. It might have a similar rear but should be far more low slung then the fusion.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:54   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I guess the killer pricing would be for the petrol version, and the diesel should be priced 5+. If not the current Fiesta resale value would get hit bigtime.
A hatch, ikon and the fiesta all with the same diesel engine? Nope ford shouldn't do that..fiesta needs the 1.6 TDCI as soon as possible- to compete with the 90 hp manza. IMHO, ford must introduce the fiesta 1.6 TDCi before the launch of diesel figo to have a clear product differentiation.
Old 4th November 2009, 16:15   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
A hatch, ikon and the fiesta all with the same diesel engine? Nope ford shouldn't do that..fiesta needs the 1.6 TDCI as soon as possible- to compete with the 90 hp manza. IMHO, ford must introduce the fiesta 1.6 TDCi before the launch of diesel figo to have a clear product differentiation.
Whey they stopped the 1.4L petrol fiesta they gave reasons saying it was not to have overlap between IKON and fiesta models. But now same diesel engine doing duty in 3 models. Fiesta needs and is worth an upgrade and possibly an automatic diesel version too just few thousands below 10L.
Old 4th November 2009, 17:48   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Well, while I totally agree with you that cars like the Fiesta and Fusion (you forgot to mention the Fusion ) require more powerful diesels, I disagree that it is detrimental to the line-up.

The 1.4 has been proven worthy in performance and economy for most users across segments. This is evident in the clear popularity of the Fiesta (now Ikon) in the (esp. long distance) Taxi segments. Besides being basic as compared to competition (8 valver), it is still extremely frugal and torque low down makes it FTD too.

Just take a look at the Fiat 1.3 MJD. Not only does it spread across different product ranges, it stretches across brands too.

And we have also seen that the buyer votes with his money. Larger engine siblings have never taken off in the Indian mindset. Palio 1.6, Alto 1.1, Getz Prime 1.3, Optra 1.8, Ikon 1.6. Where are all these now?
Old 5th November 2009, 01:33   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
3) The diesel again is not upto the competition, but this motor is known for efficiency. On the other hand, the 1.248 from Fiat utilized in many cars is also known to be very fuel efficient.
Surprised you say that. The TDCi unit may not be as advanced as the one from Fiat, but it is more refined, FE, and better suited to city driving, than the MJD.

4) My expectations of IRS will now never be full filled. However, its a Ford, so may be the handling will be good.
The Fiesta in the UK, on which this vehicle is based, as is the Fusion boast of amazing handling, I think the handling and diesel engine will be this vehicles trump card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
True, they finally get a nice, compact, taut little car that can excite the driver without burning an oil well!

If you see the comments of AutoBloggers on each post of a European Spec Ford or Opel, you will see how they long for EU spec, efficient yet sporty cars on the other side of the pond.

After the Ford Transit van, the Fiesta is the next thing to jump over in recent times!
I can't agree with this more. Apart from the Mustang and a few SUV's, Ford would save a lot of money, and get better sales if it launches its European models in the U.S. Market. Specially with their fantastic diesel engines. I would love to see the Mondeo, new focus, fiesta, etc. out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
You stole words out of my mouth. The first diesel automatic available in the market is verna and that costs about 9 ex I guess. When will the manufacturers understand that there is a market for people who want a small (hatchback), fuel efficient (diesel), clocking maximum kms within city (automatic).
The first in the relatively affordable segments was the Skoda Octavia D A/T. There is tremendous potential for an Auto Diesel. If they launch it, they have one buyer confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Hope wheelbase of 2520 & length of 3980 mm translates to better rear legroom unlike recently launched big hatches. And if Ford, India prices it correctly unlike Fusion, then they can expect their first volume seller in India.
I personally think that with their simpler design, Ford should be able to maximise the space in the Figo. Most of the new cars are short on space due to their aim to look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Look at the GC its 170 mm, 30 mm shorter then the fusion, so might not look like a Fusion after all. It might have a similar rear but should be far more low slung then the fusion.
It will be. The Fusion is actually based on this generation Fiesta and is bigger and higher. People are getting very confused between the Figo and the fusion, and believe that the figo is the new fusion, when in reality, the fusion is based on the Figo (european fiesta).

@ramzsys: I completely agree. The fiesta needs the 1.6D prompto!

Last edited by lamborghini : 5th November 2009 at 01:34.
Old 5th November 2009, 09:51   #309
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I have seen the Figo parade testing in Chennai city for a while now and the car does have an amazing road presence.

Looks shorter & smaller than the Fusion and its got the sporty look too! Overall size is comparable to the swift!

The 1.4 TDCi, fat rubber and Ford's trademark of Fun-To-Drive should make a nice meal for enthusiasists!
Old 5th November 2009, 20:15   #310
BHPian

Unofficial booking on ?

Had visited the local Ford dealership for PDI of my friend's Fiesta-S and chatted up with the Sales Rep about Figo. What he told me was that even though official bookings are yet to start, they are accepting deposits from individuals who want to get pieces from the first lot itself.

This it seems is an unofficial 'arrangement' between the dealer and individuals. He also said 'We don't encourage such unofficial booking deposits but if someone really insists, we take the deposit'.

Am not too concerned about how safe it is (assuming that dealer will be giving some receipt for it) but was curious if it is a prevalent practice elsewhere too.

Anyone who had such an experience before? Also this must surely not be in line with manufacturer's policies, right?
Old 7th November 2009, 23:51   #311
Senior - BHPian

spotted FIGO in pune. i dont like the looks. nothing interesting. the white test car in the pic had Old Fiesta Taillights.
Attached Thumbnails
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-b.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-c.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-d.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-e.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-f.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-.jpg  

Last edited by tushky : 8th November 2009 at 00:01.
Old 8th November 2009, 09:06   #312
Team-BHP Support

I kinda like the treatment they have given the car. Although it doesnt pretend to be 'jazz'y or screams of being "I'm 20", there is an understated elegance and simplicity in design. Give it a good price point to operate at, and the volumes would flow.
Old 8th November 2009, 11:28   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

I like the way the car looks. It is well proportioned all the way down to the tyres!
P.S: looks like someones already nicked the Ford badge from the front.
Old 8th November 2009, 12:10   #314
Senior - BHPian

The Figo looks quite similar to the European Fiesta Zetec. Few pictures of the one that I had for a month.
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-dsc00864.jpg

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-dsc00865.jpg
Old 8th November 2009, 13:32   #315
BHPian

I saw two FIgo's moving slowly near the the Ford factory day before yesterday with all indicators flashing. I couldn't take any pictures as I was driving alone. I must say the car looks bigger in person and it has very good road presence. Very decent in design. I think the design will appeal to all.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks