Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 15:13   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Which means the Fiesta should be getting an upgrade soon. You can't have a 5 lac rupee car AND an 8 lac rupee car with almost similar interiors!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Don't you know the Suzuki Grand Vitara shares it's interior with parts from the Swift's bin?
Guess you forgot Innova and fortuner in that regard
Fiesta facelift is on the cards as been stated in some thread before in 2010.
Old 28th September 2009, 18:23   #167
Senior - BHPian

According to ACI, it is going to be around 3.8 m in leangth with 2.46 m wheelbase. 1.2 petrol developing 70-75 bhp will be tuned for drivebaility and efficiency.
Price range is expected to be from 3.6 lakh to 4.6 lakh.
The issue has carried some more angles of the car and to me it is an extremely well proportioned car with a very purposeful design.
Old 28th September 2009, 19:48   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
According to ACI, it is going to be around 3.8 m in leangth with 2.46 m wheelbase. 1.2 petrol developing 70-75 bhp will be tuned for drivebaility and efficiency.
Price range is expected to be from 3.6 lakh to 4.6 lakh.
The issue has carried some more angles of the car and to me it is an extremely well proportioned car with a very purposeful design.

thanks for the info. i think it should do well. who knows it may rub off on ford sales positively and you know more models could come to india.
Old 28th September 2009, 22:33   #169
BHPian

Even I spoke to someone from Ford. He too informed the pricing is likely to be in the range of 3.5-4 lakhs for base model. I havent checked the specs, but as per him the car is bigger as compared to usual hatches, basically competing with premium hatchbacks like i20/Jazz etc. Likely to be launched in an year or so.

Now, if that is true, and the features stay I think there is going to be a real tough fight to other cars in the segment, and above. High cost of maintenance (spares) and A.S.S. may play against it though.
Old 28th September 2009, 22:48   #170
BHPian

70 -75 BHp is a good figures for a hatch and it will be peppy for sure.I wish Ford gives enough features in this hatch to sell it like hot cake.
Old 28th September 2009, 22:55   #171
BHPian

I think its sheer ugliness, which will flop big time as far as looks are concerned.
Old 29th September 2009, 00:09   #172
BHPian

Here is some more info that I could glean from my sources:

Figo will come with 3 engine options:

1. 1.2 L Duratorq Petrol

2. 1.4 L Duratec Diesel (same engine that powers Fiesta diesel)

3. The interesting one - 1.4 L Duratorq Petrol (again same engine that powers Fiesta)

ABS will be offered in the higher end models with Airlbags very likely to be available.

No 1.6 L for now
Old 29th September 2009, 07:23   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

The 1.4 from the older fiesta's should be more than enough to transform this car to a beast, given its lighter weight.
Here is GTO's review of the 1.4P engine in the fiesta to give you an idea as to how it should perform in a lighter car such as the Figo:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...st-driven.html
Now if only the fiesta was launched with a 1.6D.

Last edited by lamborghini : 29th September 2009 at 07:34.
Old 29th September 2009, 08:44   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post

3. The interesting one - 1.4 L Duratorq Petrol (again same engine that powers Fiesta)
That's great news I was hoping for that. Bless your sources
Old 29th September 2009, 13:05   #175
BHPian

Quote:

1. 1.2 L Duratorq Petrol

ABS will be offered in the higher end models with Airlbags very likely to be available.

No 1.6 L for now
3 Engine options - thats super. Figo can now compete with every other car in B and B+ segment.

1.2L can take on i10, Ritz, A-star, Zen Estilo, Spark etc

1.4L Petrol and 1.4 Diesel can take on Punto, i20, Fabia, Polo, Chevy Beat

If Space and Interiors are class leading, they have a real winner in hand.

And if Ford can add more dealers, provide cheaper spares and service, they can create ripples in the segment.

Lets hope all the "ifs" get real.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:26   #176
BHPian

Quote:

1. 1.2 L Duratorq Petrol

No 1.6 L for now
That's good enuff for a small car. Small and powerful cars hasn't done so well in India. Palio 1.6, Getz CRDI are famous among T-BHpians but among the general public its either a low-FE car or a costly car.
One correction in the engine names there, I think. Duratorq is for Diesel and Duratec is for Petrol.

Last edited by Matt : 29th September 2009 at 13:27.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:30   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
And if Ford can add more dealers, provide cheaper spares and service, they can create ripples in the segment.
And also the pricing. If they are able to price the 1.2 L engine varient the same as Swift, it is definitely going to affect the Swift sales.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:39   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5600 View Post
And also the pricing. If they are able to price the 1.2 L engine varient the same as Swift, it is definitely going to affect the Swift sales.
Doubt it. Very very hard to beat the tangibles and intangibles that come bundled with a Maruti.

The Palio MJD has been always available much cheaper than the Swift DDiSs and still it hardly sells. It is a much better car in many respects, but that doesn't count.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:01   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
The Palio MJD has been always available much cheaper than the Swift DDiSs and still it hardly sells. It is a much better car in many respects, but that doesn't count.
100% agree with this. The reason is even though many people praise the brand value and the quality of Fiat, when it comes to buying, most of them don't turn out (This has already been discussed in other threads I believe). So eventhough the Stile 1.6 and multijet are good cars, the no. of cars on road are less.

But this is not the case with Ford. Eventhough we hear complaints on the re-sale value and the A.S.S of Ford, the no. of cars on road are very high. For example, the no. of Fiesta's on road are higher/comparable with the no. of SX4s on road.

Definitely the build quality and snob value would be better for Ford compared to Swift. I am not sure about the space, F.E, ride quality, handling, comfort, performance etc. If Figo can score above Swift in most of these and the pricing is competant with that of Swift, definitely it will affect the sales of Swift. As I mentioned above, it is not the same as comparing Fiat with Maruti because Fiat and Ford are not in the same league.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:06   #180
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

its all about perceptions quite simply. Maruti hasnt ever disappointed its customers the way Fiat has done, and repeatedly. Even now, however excellent the product line up from Fiat, one tends to view their after sales, delivery, maintenance etc with a "jaundiced eye". It will take them a long time to win back the complete trust of consumers and each step of this will be hard won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5600 View Post
100% agree with this. The reason is even though many people praise the brand value and the quality of Fiat, when it comes to buying, most of them don't turn out (This has already been discussed in other threads I believe). So eventhough the Stile 1.6 and multijet are good cars, the no. of cars on road are less.

But this is not the case with Ford. Eventhough we hear complaints on the re-sale value and the A.S.S of Ford, the no. of cars on road are very high. For example, the no. of Fiesta's on road are higher/comparable with the no. of SX4s on road.

Definitely the build quality and snob value would be better for Ford compared to Swift. I am not sure about the space, F.E, ride quality, handling, comfort, performance etc. If Figo can score above Swift in most of these and the pricing is competant with that of Swift, definitely it will affect the sales of Swift. As I mentioned above, it is not the same as comparing Fiat with Maruti because Fiat and Ford are not in the same league.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks