Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 11:20   #241
Senior - BHPian

Its is a Fusion is a new disguise , maybe with interiors from Fiesta and a sweet price.
Old 25th October 2009, 11:24   #242
BHPian

I have seen the same set of cars in N.M road, Chennai during peak hour traffic @9-9:30 2 weeks back. Sorry could not take pictures from my phone as I was alone driving and did not want to do stunts in N.M road traffic with my new car.

I think they wanted to test them in worst traffic scenario, since they were next to me for about 20 minutes, I could peep into the car but the dash was more or less covered, but realized there is nothing great to feel really excited about the dash.

Also, the car looks exactly like a smaller sibling of Fusion.

Last edited by Eddy : 25th October 2009 at 12:44. Reason: Please remove the tags & fonts or do not copy paste from external editor.
Old 25th October 2009, 12:16   #243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Its is a Fusion is a new disguise , maybe with interiors from Fiesta and a sweet price.

Its very hard to spot any difference in side profile. However, i do like the treatment given to the front and rear. The side looks plain compared to both!
Old 25th October 2009, 12:26   #244
Senior - BHPian

The tail light placed from the top, like indica.?
Anyway she looks very nice - Is she going to compete with
Punto/indica/fabia/A-star/Ritz etc?
Thanks
Old 26th October 2009, 10:26   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly! An attempt ('re-launch' if I could use that word!) to undo the mistakes with Fusion and I must say they seem to be doing things just right this time.
Old 26th October 2009, 11:45   #246
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Figo?

For go figure out?

The ford brand today is neither here nor there, as in it is middle of the road for VFM, Quality, Aspiration (Brand), Reliability, Cost of running etc.

A car company must stand out for something, like:
Toyota : Reliability
Honda : Reliability with Excitement. (though less reliable than Toyota)
TATA - VFM - Space
FIAT - VFM (in a segment higher than TATA)
Chevrolet - Currently Value with Assured maintenance plans.
Merc - German Engineering - Chauffer driven car - you have made it.
BMW - German Engineering - Drivers car - you have made it.
Audi - German Engineering - Best Balanced you have made it car.
Volvo - Safe Car
VW - Peoples car from German.

etc. Ford today is trying to be junta car manufacturer - but is needs to to this in all its communication and it's biggest competitor in India for this segment are Maruti and Hyundai, it just does not tick all the right boxes due to percevied higher cost of ownership.

Maybe they need a chevrolet type of advt. with the CEO speaking about the "Ford Promise"
Old 26th October 2009, 12:23   #247
Team-BHP Support

@ACM : Ford cars are also popular for providing good driver's cars at reasonable prices in their segment. That's the USP they already have.

With their efforts on reducing the price of spares, as well as improvements in customer interactions and service, they seem to be heading the right way.
Old 26th October 2009, 12:45   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
There were 3 black cars and 2 white cars.
Nice scoop Para!

Seems like they are shod with 14".

While the black have steel wheels with silver caps. The white one seems to have the Fiesta Sxi alloys!
Old 26th October 2009, 12:45   #249
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@ACM : Ford cars are also popular for providing good driver's cars at reasonable prices in their segment. That's the USP they already have.

With their efforts on reducing the price of spares, as well as improvements in customer interactions and service, they seem to be heading the right way.
Yes; in the recent interview publiched in ACI Nov issue with their Indian CEO (Micheal Boneham) & Global Chairman (Alan Mullaly), they re-confirmed that their Indian launches will retain the Fun to Drive experience in all the future launches. They are working to improve the dealer experience and spare price costs to increase the affordability factor without compromising on the driver experience.

By the way the immediate launches to be expected are:

1. Figo with 1.2L petrol & 1.4 L diesel by Mar 2010
2. New Fiesta Sedan (based on Verve concept): 1.6L Petrol & 1.6L Diesel by Dec 2010

That effectively puts to rest the chances of getting 1.6L diesel engine in the current Fiesta, atleast till the new sedan is launched.

In addition to the above, they are also working on a mini-SUV (within the 4m length) and a MPV (min-Innova??) to be launched in 2011 & 2012 respectively.

Deeply upset to see they are not looking at Focus Sedan or Kuga for Indian launch
Old 26th October 2009, 12:47   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

+1

Ford cars in India are the best drivers car in this segment. The 1.6 Ikon was the best and now the 1.6S
Old 26th October 2009, 13:06   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
In addition to the above, they are also working on a mini-SUV (within the 4m length) and a MPV (min-Innova??) to be launched in 2011 & 2012 respectively.
Would that be the Fusion based EcoSport (Ford Middle East - Syria - EcoSport) (this one should have come long time back!) and C/S-Max (Overview and Overview)

Quote:
Deeply upset to see they are not looking at Focus Sedan or Kuga for Indian launch
While I feel the Kuga would have been prohibitively expensive to launch to compete against the Captiva/CRV. The Focus would certainly be welcome in the Corolla/Civic space It was supposedly coming soon (from the past 5 years I guess)
Old 26th October 2009, 14:01   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Would that be the Fusion based EcoSport (Ford Middle East - Syria - EcoSport) (this one should have come long time back!) and C/S-Max (Overview and Overview)
@Glifford
This mini SUV sems to be entirley different and I don't think it exists in any of the markets today. Latest edition of ACI has a artical on this.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:24   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes! The Kuga is an excellent car and has made waves all over the world.It is bound to do well in India.Ford should get it..

I think the Ecosport seems to be based on the Ford Escape!
Old 26th October 2009, 16:04   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True. I would call Figo -a facelift Fusion with a price cut
Old 26th October 2009, 22:09   #255
BHPian

It will be an underpowered Fusion ..at least the petrol 1.2 litre version. Nothing to beat the Fusion petrol 1.6. The petrol Fusion is a fully loaded car, a hatch with a generous boot, wide comfortable body, good ground clearance and good tyres.

Ford service is far better organised than GM as I am discovering when dealing with the Spark guys.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks