Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Petra 1.6 ELX or Baleno LXi ?
Petra 1.6 ELX 64 47.06%
Baleno LXi 72 52.94%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2005, 16:47   #106
Senior - BHPian

I live in hyderabad...and the traffic i face is ok sort..not like mumbai..still it takes me about 25-30 mins to do 9 km to my office.
as I suggested earlier...the mileage I have got on the first three fills is 11, 11, 12...(all befor the first service) I will report the next one but think it may be lower as the car has done 1200 and has been given some stick (touched 85 in 2nd yesterday...and 145 a few days ago on the highway) in the past few days...I am not shifting up before 3K as opposed to 1500 RPM when I was doing y running in... :-)....cuold not care less about mileage for the next month till the new car excitement wears off..... :-)
Old 25th July 2005, 11:14   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
Almost about to get the Baleno Lxi, would get it a 5.45L in Delhi(very tempting)..a full 100K cheaper than the NHC and Accent viva crdi..
When you say 5.45 , is that ex-showroom or OTR ?
Old 25th July 2005, 13:06   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and believe me...A/S/S is a horror story in all Fiats..I tell it from experience....
All fiats? Sorry mate! Dont agree. I have heard horror stories at othe places, but in Pune, they surely top the A/S/S chart. (Both the dealers). I am seriously thinking of putting up a review on Fiat dealer in Pune, just to clear notions about Fiat A/S/S.

Quote:
Rattles...have seen a lot in Palios and my 5 year old UNo 1.2...so dont believe Petra will be any different...
Wait a minute! You are talking about Uno here. There was a lot of difference between Uno and Palio. I can not claim wide experience, but I have at least one friend owning both Petrol Uno and Palio. He claims that he has seen lot lesser problems with his GTX than his Uno. Much improved quality over Uno. Are there any other people on forum who has experience with both Uno and Palio?

Quote:
Baleno handles better surely once you upgrade the tyres and sips less fuel
We are talking about stock vehicles, and anyway, it is a myth that Petra guzzles fuel. I can personally vouch for it.

Quote:
I also believe that Petra is better on a pothole littered road compared to a Baleno....but most of us do not buy cars to test them on potholes....
Are we forgetting second part of it That Petra glides on smooth roads.

Quote:
My own uno was delivered to me from the showroom in mint condition with
1. Non functional wiper (in August)
2. Loose exhaust bracket (happily made a racket all the way to home ....after all people should know I bought a new car)
3. Horn went kaput the next day...fuse loosly fitted and came out...
I feel sorry for that, but is this the case of Palios and Petras? I do not think so based on personal experience. But we might as well poll this and find it out (and hoping that people give non-biased feedback).

Quote:
there are other horror stories on this board posted by persons who have taken delivery of petra with rusted Bolts et al.....
It is absolutely unacceptable, but definitely does not qualify as horror story. And I vaguely remember that the person saw it is dealer's premises *before* delivery, while at the time of delivery, it was it all cleaned up properly. But then, I may be wrong.

Quote:
I do not believe that I will buy another fiat in India again...
I will agree on this though. Once bitten, twice shy! But things DO change, you just never know.
Old 25th July 2005, 13:31   #109
BHPian

Guys, I own a Petra, a year old, 12K done. It constantly gives me 11.5-12 in city with AC, in the worst of the jams the FE has never gone below 11! what else do you expect from a car of this size and weight?

This weekend I test drove a Skoda 1.8 Rider and 1.9 TDI Rider automatic, I am planning to pass on my Petra to my wife who presently drives a Palio 1.6 GTX and buy myself a Skoda in 2 months (awaiting my promotion eagerly )

But frankly after driving Skoda 1.8 Rider Petrol (20 valves, 150 BHP!) I really feel I am already driving a sturdy and peppy car (Petra) and I really appreciate the ride quality that Petra offers when I compared it with Skoda (Dont kill me for comparing Petra to Skoda).

I suggest you take a test drive of both Baleno and Petra for 50 KMs each in various raod conditions and than draw your conclusion.

Last edited by rishi_kapoor : 25th July 2005 at 13:33.
Old 25th July 2005, 13:54   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
This weekend I test drove a Skoda 1.8 Rider and 1.9 TDI Rider automatic, I am planning to pass on my Petra to my wife who presently drives a Palio 1.6 GTX and buy myself a Skoda in 2 months (awaiting my promotion eagerly )

Man that would be quite a garage ! Skoda 1.8, Palio GTX and Petra 1.6 !!
Old 25th July 2005, 15:21   #111
BHPian

Taliking of fiats A.s.s. reminds me of the day when i went with my uncle to take delivery of a Premier 118 NE.

There was a small pool of water inside the right headlight. When we pointed this out to the dealer and suggested that he rectify it, he said " when u drive it at night with the headlights on, the water will dry out on its own." So much for Fiats customer service, not to mention the two months wait we had to endue after making FULL payment towards the car.
Old 25th July 2005, 15:59   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik123
Taliking of fiats A.s.s. reminds me of the day when i went with my uncle to take delivery of a Premier 118 NE.
Just curious which era are you talking about? Premier 118 NE? Wasn't it PAL that time and not Fiat? In fact, Fiat earned bad name in A/S/S due to all baggage they carried over from PAL.
Old 25th July 2005, 16:08   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Just curious which era are you talking about? Premier 118 NE? Wasn't it PAL that time and not Fiat? In fact, Fiat earned bad name in A/S/S due to all baggage they carried over from PAL.
Sure it was PAL. But the same PAL guys are now Fiat dealers.(Atleast the dealer i am talking off is).

Talking of era's....have been interested in cars for a long long time
Old 25th July 2005, 16:11   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right. Doshis just ruined Fiat's fate in India. But Fiat too didn't help its cause any better when they launched Palio and the sales were all-time high. They should have been more receptive to customer complaints. If only they were receptive enough, they would not have lived to see this day.

This is coming from a Palio owner.
Old 25th July 2005, 16:22   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
They should have been more receptive to customer complaints. If only they were receptive enough, they would not have lived to see this day.
I absolutely agree. Any way, A/S/S has been great from AshwaMegh Motors so far, so I am not complaining Fiat should do a detailed case study of Ashwamegh and publish it to their dealers all over India. Just that, it may be too little, too late.
Old 25th July 2005, 16:51   #116
BHPian

Quote:
I live in hyderabad...and the traffic i face is ok sort..not like mumbai..still it takes me about 25-30 mins to do 9 km to my office.
as I suggested earlier...the mileage I have got on the first three fills is 11, 11, 12...(all befor the first service) I will report the next one but think it may be lower as the car has done 1200 and has been given some stick (touched 85 in 2nd yesterday...and 145 a few days ago on the highway) in the past few days...I am not shifting up before 3K as opposed to 1500 RPM when I was doing y running in... :-)....cuold not care less about mileage for the next month till the new car excitement wears off..... :-)
Thanks Buffetfan- that's detailed nicely.
THe mileage in the delhi noida area should be the same. And i guess after the 3rd service you could get like 12-13 in the city- which is very decent.

BTW which brand of petrol were you using was it Xtra permium-91 octane or the normal fuel. Surprise ..has asked in another thread that maybe the extra premium high octance fuel was a factor that results in good mileage for some people who use it.

Last edited by imjimmy : 25th July 2005 at 16:54.
Old 25th July 2005, 17:07   #117
BHPian

Quote:

there are other horror stories on this board posted by persons who have taken delivery of petra with rusted Bolts et al.....
I and some of my colleagues experienced the same thing when we bought Santro Xing from Advaith Hyundai in Bangalore. So shall i say that Hyundai is not better than Fiat?
I think people unnecessarily treat fiat like a step child but i personally feel that its one of the most capable.
Old 25th July 2005, 17:48   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush
I think people unnecessarily treat fiat like a step child but i personally feel that its one of the most capable.
He is a Fiat owner, so he has every right to be pissed off, if he has had bad experience in past. I would agree with you if someone is complaining about Fiat A/S/S based on second or third hand information.
Old 25th July 2005, 19:16   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
Thanks Buffetfan- that's detailed nicely.
THe mileage in the delhi noida area should be the same. And i guess after the 3rd service you could get like 12-13 in the city- which is very decent.

BTW which brand of petrol were you using was it Xtra permium-91 octane or the normal fuel. Surprise ..has asked in another thread that maybe the extra premium high octance fuel was a factor that results in good mileage for some people who use it.
I am using regular unleaded....have not found any change in mileage in the past while using speed / 91 octane in my uno 1.2...only had to replace the fuel filter thrice since I guess the "detergent action" cleaned up the tank and clogged the fuel filter....stopped using after one year and three trips to workshop to replace filters ...runing fine on regular since then
Old 25th July 2005, 19:23   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I absolutely agree. Any way, A/S/S has been great from AshwaMegh Motors so far, so I am not complaining Fiat should do a detailed case study of Ashwamegh and publish it to their dealers all over India. Just that, it may be too little, too late.
Ashwamegh is an excellant shop...used them once in Pune while coming back to hyd from Mahabaleshwar ....and will agree that experience was the best.....they are very nice and caring...
But they are the exception rather then the rule...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks