Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:57   #256
Senior - BHPian

Yes, most B segment cars have better looking dashboard/interiors than Logan. If they want to sell it, they need to shave off a clean 1 L from the diesel version. Its horribly overpriced.
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:23   #257
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
And its purely not Logan who is facing the heat, most of the car makers are in a situation which is described above!!
No single model is hit as bad as the Logan. It only shows what a guffaw Mahindra-Renault made with their over-optimistic pricing and the value that a Dzire / Indigo CS / Ikon 1.4 Tdci offer.
Old 3rd December 2008, 17:57   #258
Senior - BHPian

today's TOI says Mahindra sales are down by -45% in Nov 08. So its not just the Logan which got hit - though Logan would be the biggest pile.
Old 3rd December 2008, 19:43   #259
BANNED

A new face lifted Logan, with this original Dacia Sandero looks, is on the cards?
Attached Thumbnails
Logging off Logan ! EDIT : Sales down 80%-dacia_sandero.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2008, 19:50   #260
Senior - BHPian

according to some mags, there is an "updated" logan in the offing- a Logan Limited. anyone has any more information on that?
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:19   #261
BHPian

Madan, are you talking about the custom made ones or is this a facelifted model ?
Old 4th December 2008, 12:12   #262
BHPian

Not sure but this shuld have an impact on future Renault Line up also . It is not such a bright idea for a non established company to have a tagline like " But Why " and command pricing and aspirational value in the market . They have willy nilly got them into the same situation where Fiat is now . Only memories of that company is that of Palio & Uno. This will not effect Mahindra as such as they have Scorpio to fall back . Let us hope Renault comes up and tries to do a Linea once theri plant is up and running next year.
Old 4th December 2008, 12:49   #263
BHPian

AFAIK the face lifted logan is only slightly better than the current one... I saw some spy pics earlier, will try and post them. It has a bold (almost ANHC'ish) front grill, but the basic boxy shape remains. I don't think it will be enough of an improvement to people who are put off by the current looks.

The Sandero looks better (more rounded, 90's rather than 80's) - but not much so. Renault needs to launch some modern cars with the design flair they are known for! Its a real shame, I only hope they don't go the peugeot 309 way!!

I think the Ikon TDCi pricing may have significantly contributed to the steep fall in Logan sales. Also I hear that some spares are tough to get (e.g. side mirrors) - this is the sort of stuff that can scare off the "practical" buyers who are not interested in looks.

I am not sure if the "taxi" image is a good or bad thing. When you see more cars on the road, it does move up in your radar of consideration too.
Old 11th December 2008, 14:56   #264
BHPian

Although I dont see much action happening this side but still I found out something which I would like share. Mahindra Logan at 3.99Lac. Can you believe it? Its at the price of a hatch even lower. Any takers? We will have to wait for that.

Auto makers shutter lines as downturn gets worse - Home - livemint.com
Old 12th December 2008, 17:20   #265
BHPian

i got a call from durga automobiles. GLE - Ex Showroom price is 3.99 lacs and OTR - 4.26 lacs. less than a hatch. it is very value for money(VVFM)?
Old 12th December 2008, 17:50   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
i got a call from durga automobiles. GLE - Ex Showroom price is 3.99 lacs and OTR - 4.26 lacs. less than a hatch. it is very value for money(VVFM)?
Atlast M&M is nearing to the original price of Logan. if they have launched it at this price, for sure, it would have been a hit.
Old 12th December 2008, 18:07   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Atlast M&M is nearing to the original price of Logan. if they have launched it at this price, for sure, it would have been a hit.
Finally it dawns on them. A little too late! Nov sales - 300!
Old 12th December 2008, 18:57   #268
BHPian

and a few more !

I bought my logan just before deewali, paying 5.7 OTR for the 1.4 GLX. Have to find out from the dealer how much is it now.
Old 12th December 2008, 20:01   #269
BHPian

Auto manufacturers are in general get too much deviated from the perceptions of the people about cars and make big blunders like what has been done with LOGAN in India. This model which is supposed to be super cheap owing to its low cost manufacturing techniques was over quoted. Only M&M has to be blamed.

May be Renault wanted to follow SKODA but ended up nowhere.

The manufacturers have to be realistic with their strategies otherwise it will surely fail in the long run
Old 12th December 2008, 21:53   #270
Senior - BHPian

i dont think they had skoda like plans, cause the car they chose wasnt ment to serve
d segment, the car was certainly ment for volumes but they screwed the pricing andended up where they are,they should have stared with low pricing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks