Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 22:46   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Does anyone here own a Logan 1.6?
I am planning to buy one and it would be great if someone could give some input on that.
Yes. I do own the 1.6 GLS. Look at my prev post for the details.
Any specific things your are looking at?
Old 28th December 2007, 22:49   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
its a special offer. the kit is for 2500 but available for 500 till Dec 31st.
In chennai this scheme was announced during a christmas drive promo called drivathon.
Old 3rd January 2008, 04:15   #123
Senior - BHPian

Following is an excerpt of an interview CNBC did with Executive VP - Sales & Marketing of Mahindra and Mahindra.

Quote:
Q: How is the performance of Logan in this particular month and in the coming months - how are you looking at the model?

A: In Logan we have done about 1500 vehicles and like we said last month - since Diwali till end of December, we were going to go low on any festive or year-end kind of promotions and we have also said that it is the right time to down stock because we rather go into the New Year with ’08 model. So it is a combination of that - it is in line with what we have to plan for the month and we hope to retain our number three share with 10%-12% market share of the C segment, starting January again.
Full article: Moneycontrol India :: News :: Logan to help retain C-segment mkt share: M&M :: Mahindra and Mahindra :: Business :: Rajesh Jejurikar,Mahindra and Mahindra
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:11   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Following is an excerpt of an interview CNBC did with Executive VP - Sales & Marketing of Mahindra and Mahindra.

Full article: Moneycontrol India :: News :: Logan to help retain C-segment mkt share: M&M :: Mahindra and Mahindra :: Business :: Rajesh Jejurikar,Mahindra and Mahindra
Hey Ashutosh,

Did you fix the boot release? Could you please post some pics and mention where they have placed it???
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:07   #125
Senior - BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Did you fix the boot release? Could you please post some pics and mention where they have placed it???
Yes amtak, I have. What they have done is.. they have installed a gun (used in central locking) in the boot and connected it with a switch. The switch has been installed near the gear lever.

Maybe I can get this switch connected to my keyless entry security system. It has a remote boot release option.

Please see the pic below.
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:16   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes amtak, I have. What they have done is.. they have installed a gun (used in central locking) in the boot and connected it with a switch. The switch has been installed near the gear lever.

Maybe I can get this switch connected to my keyless entry security system. It has a remote boot release option.

Please see the pic below.
Strange placement of the boot release lever! I can never imagine it next ti the gear box! On a positive note, now even the passenger can open the boot!!!! Butttttttt! What if someone accidently just presses the button thinking it is for "turbo boost" NOS!
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:25   #127
BHPian

I believe Logan is altogether a different segment for a different class of people like me who drive every weekend at least 600 kms on an average. For me FE is primary and most of the time I have lot of traveling luggage and with only 2 occupants, with the average driving speed of 80-100. Diesel will be a best alternative here for my type of usage.Maybe every feature appears to be luxury to me considering the fact that i grew up playing with Mahindra Jeeps :>
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:30   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
What if someone accidently just presses the button thinking it is for "turbo boost" NOS!
In indian cars?

Most people here know NOS from 'dhoom' only.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd January 2008 at 12:32.
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:43   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
In indian cars?

Most people here know NOS from 'dhoom' only.
How about switch for the fog lamps then? In mahindra, anything's possible!
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:46   #130
Senior - BHPian

re:

even i was thinking.. the placement was odd. but by that time everything was done. otherwise i would ve asked them fit it near the headlight adjustment switch on the right hand side. But since the work is already done now.. perhaps i can paint it red and write NOS or Turbo Boost on it!

But as amtak has pointed out now even the passenger can open the boot, so there is something positive to it.
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:18   #131
Senior - BHPian

Even the Ford Ikon ZXis have the "powered" boot release switch next to the gear lever.
And c'mon, stop fussing over its placement.Now, U should be happy that a person can open the boot without turning off the AC and the stereo and the engine and walk to the boot with the key to open it.
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:55   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Even the Ford Ikon ZXis have the "powered" boot release switch next to the gear lever.
And c'mon, stop fussing over its placement.Now, U should be happy that a person can open the boot without turning off the AC and the stereo and the engine and walk to the boot with the key to open it.
Yes. True! I am happy for everyone who owns a logan including my neighbour
Old 3rd January 2008, 15:04   #133
Senior - BHPian

I spotted three Logan Cabs in Kochi over the last week. All were white. Is the "taxification" of the Logan beginning?
Old 3rd January 2008, 15:11   #134
Team-BHP Support

I had posted the pic of a Logan cab in Bangalore on some thread some time back. Vehicle had a KA registration and was in white.
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:04   #135

Boot release

I just got boot release switched added to my 1.6 GLS. It was fitted onto sudo switch next to child lock on extended central console. Looks neat and i got it fixed for mere 500 Rs.

in 1.4 version extended console is missing so the placement looks odd.. But it's good that now they have provided option..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks