Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:11   #241
BANNED

The Logan is VFM "carsonified". The 1.4 petrol comes cheaper then a Hyundai i10 Magna OTR. If you are on a small budget but want a saloon then this is it. The 75 bhp engine is good enough for daily city runaround.

The SX4 and Verna are almost double the price. 0 aspirational value or not this car makes sense and you end up saving 3 lakhs!! right away. Regarding quality the Logan is miles ahead then the Indigo.

I see more and more Logan's on the road now.
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:47   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
The Logan is a no nonsense car with 0 aspirational value. The SX4 ids quite the opposite.
Would that read as ' The SX4 is a full nonsense car with 100% aspirational value' ??
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:22   #243
Senior - BHPian

You are free to have your opinion and interpret it in any way you want. The fact is a Honda city/ SX4 buyer is not likely to be attracted by Logan. The French are known for their sense of asthetics, and Logan is totally bereft of any asthetic/aspirtional value. While the Logan does possess a decent mechanical package, it is severly let down by the looks ( interiors as well as exteriors)
Old 3rd April 2008, 17:45   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are free to have your opinion and interpret it in any way you want. The fact is a Honda city/ SX4 buyer is not likely to be attracted by Logan. The French are known for their sense of asthetics, and Logan is totally bereft of any asthetic/aspirtional value. While the Logan does possess a decent mechanical package, it is severly let down by the looks ( interiors as well as exteriors)
I was just pulling your leg !! I agree with your views in toto.
Old 3rd April 2008, 19:14   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I beg to differ on the aesthetics count. I've spent 3 months in Marseille and what I have noticed is that the French cars are the worst looking ever. Renault and to an extent Peugeot have atrocious looking cars. Only the Citroen models are a lil sporty. So I wasnt really surprised about the looks when Mahindra launched the Logan
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:33   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I beg to differ on the aesthetics count. I've spent 3 months in Marseille and what I have noticed is that the French cars are the worst looking ever. Renault and to an extent Peugeot have atrocious looking cars. Only the Citroen models are a lil sporty. So I wasnt really surprised about the looks when Mahindra launched the Logan
I agree! the french have come up witha a lot of cars that would surely find place in the weird and whacky thread here!
Old 4th April 2008, 07:16   #247
Senior - BHPian

@fountainheader: spot on.

I notice that Hyd is like Logan central. besides the cabwalas, just too many of them out here - or is it only me unused to seeing (many) logans in delhi
Old 4th April 2008, 10:13   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
recently, some cab companies have introduced logan DLE as radio cabs, with GPS recievers in Hyd. these cars are in a very unique shade of light emrald green. there are some white ones as well.

as a result, Logans are suddenly all over hyderabad and at teh new airport, at any point of time, one can see 200 to 300 logans parked in the taxi stand.
This is what eventually happens to cars lacking features and personality. Just like indica and Indigo, logan is also all set to turn into a taxi sedan soon. And you know when people see a car plying as taxi, they start avoiding buying it for themselves.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:28   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@fountainheader: spot on.

I notice that Hyd is like Logan central. besides the cabwalas, just too many of them out here - or is it only me unused to seeing (many) logans in delhi
Yup, I noticed the same. It was not the case when it was launched. But some how since couple of months you can see many of them. One reason is two cab companies have started their operations in Hyderabad - Meru and EasyCabs. Logan is the only car that they use. Another reason could be good discounts that Mahindra is offering. Moreover, most of the Logan I have seen are Diesel.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:55   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakul Kishan View Post
This is what eventually happens to cars lacking features and personality. Just like indica and Indigo, logan is also all set to turn into a taxi sedan soon. And you know when people see a car plying as taxi, they start avoiding buying it for themselves.
Interesting but here's an aside. Fiesta diesel is the popular choice for executive taxis today. And WagonR CNG has replaced indica in many a place. Or an Innova.

Neither's sales have slowed down by virtue of the above fact.

Let's chill, shall we? *cough cough*
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:20   #251
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Logan sales crashed a MASSIVE 80% in November and are at an all time low of a dismal 400 odd cars a month. AFAIK, this is the biggest market loss of any model in November.

I bet Logan resale values will be equally affected. Remember, when no one wants to buy a car new, not too many want it used either. Since the day of my first test-drive, I have insisted that Mahindra-Renault got the Logans pricing horribly wrong, and it is too stripped down for the segment. A cheap car that didn't have a cheap price tag.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:44   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Logan sales crashed a MASSIVE 80% in November and are at an all time low of a dismal 400 odd cars a month. AFAIK, this is the biggest market loss of any model in November.

I bet Logan resale values will be equally affected. Remember, when no one wants to buy a car new, not too many want it used either. Since the day of my first test-drive, I have insisted that Mahindra-Renault got the Logans pricing horribly wrong, and it is too stripped down for the segment. A cheap car that didn't have a cheap price tag.
And its purely not Logan who is facing the heat, most of the car makers are in a situation which is described above!!, I read somewhere that Maruti's sales has hit rock bottom, and Hyndai's domestic sales have hit, however they are doing ok in exports mainly to Srilanka, Aus, and some parts of EU and SA

O/T: I think Fiat India have also postponed their launch date, but the reason given their has nothing to do with the market trend, they are over cautious on the overall sentiments of the people
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:22   #253
Senior - BHPian

GMR has over 600 Logans for their use. Also, the new Shamshabad airport in Hyderabad has huge number of Logans as Taxies. That is the reason why one sees many Logans in Hyderabad. Also, Vijayawada has sizeable number of Logans.
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:31   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Logan sales crashed a MASSIVE 80% in November...
...Mahindra-Renault got the Logans pricing horribly wrong, and it is too stripped down for the segment. A cheap car that didn't have a cheap price tag.
Exactly. I heard that only the Diesel version was selling little ok than the petrol version.

What if they reduce the price again now? No, then all the exisiting owner will go for a toss . Not sure what would be ideal. May be face-lift? No clue, either way, its going to hurt the owners.
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:40   #255
Senior - BHPian

The 80's styling would hardly appeal anyone and then are those interiors... what else to expect? The car was outdated when it was launched, now horribly so. When you can get an Ikon diesel for 5.2 Lakhs why would you even think about Logan. I think Mahindra-Renault deserves this for pricing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks