Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 07:44   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
OT, but it won't be that easy a job for someone trying to change a tyre for the first time all by himself. Placing the jack at the right place will be tricky. For example, in a M-800 the jack has to be placed next to the suspension arm.

Unlike most people on this forum, not many look under the hood or bother to change the tyre themselves, and that's why these assistance programs have such stuff listed as part of the package.
Agree to this. I have been driving a car for more than 5 years now but still I dont know how to change the tyre by myself! Never have had a flat tyre so far (60+k KMs). I would need assistance doing it first time. As you said, placing the jack is a tricky thing.

My friend (who had an alto) once had a flat tyre on road (in noida) and he called maruti helpline. they promptly came and changed the tyre. no changes for this service! it surely is about peace of mind as a flat tyre can happen any time. I hope Hyundai people also do this (as I own a i10)
Old 8th September 2011, 11:09   #137
BHPian

Is Fiat first (road-side assitance) not applicable for all Punto/Linea cars?

While starting my punto today, I observed that right rear wheel of the car got stuck. I called fiat first road-side assistance. They said, road-side assistance is not free on this car (I bought Punto on 23rd Sep, 2009) and it will be charged by the mechanic. And the only assistance provided was mechanic number (which I could have got using justdial/google).

The car is still under warranty (and <2 years old) and when the car got stuck fiat refused to own the responsibility of fix this car.

Fellow fiat punto/linea owners, what is your experience with fiat first (road-side assitance).

Who should I contact to escalate this issue.

Thanks,
Chandra
Old 8th September 2011, 11:20   #138
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is Fiat first (road-side assitance) not applicable for all Punto/Linea cars?

As far as I know, RSA is not free. Of late, FIAT bundles RSA with Extended warranty at a discounted rate of 5K, but I was not sure if that is the case when you brought your car.
Did you opt for extended warranty\ do you remember paying for RSA?
The best bet would be to check the bill and the papers you got while you purchased the car - this should throw some light whether you have opted for RSA or not.
Old 8th September 2011, 11:44   #139
Team-BHP Support

Re: Is Fiat first (road-side assitance) not applicable for all Punto/Linea cars?

Road-side assistance is generally not free for any car/with any manufacturer; it is paid for. But it is also one of the first thing offered during discounts/as a freebie.

So as such, there's nothing wrong with what FIAT said; of course, they could have assisted you in co-ordinating with the mechanic better.
Old 8th September 2011, 11:59   #140
BHPian

RSA is not free, but if the wheel locking is due to manufacturing defect it should be covered under warranty.

They denied RSA for my Palio Stile (even when I was ready to pay). But how can they deny RSA for Punto and Linea when they are still production??
Old 8th September 2011, 12:07   #141
BHPian

Road Side Assistance is not free for duration of your vehicle's warranty but it is FREE for the first year of purchase.

Since you bought your vehicle in 2009, the RSA for your vehicle expired in 2010. You still have an option to renew RSA at a nominal cost.

As far as warranty is concerned, it is not inclusive of RSA.

I suffered a similar fate when my Jetta met with an accident and RSA had expired only three days back.
Old 9th September 2011, 21:41   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Road Side Assistance is not free for duration of your vehicle's warranty but it is FREE for the first year of purchase.

Since you bought your vehicle in 2009, the RSA for your vehicle expired in 2010. You still have an option to renew RSA at a nominal cost.

As far as warranty is concerned, it is not inclusive of RSA.

I suffered a similar fate when my Jetta met with an accident and RSA had expired only three days back.
AFAIK RSA is applicable for vehicles bought from Oct 2009. Call centre guys confirmed this. And I dont think it expires in 1 year.
Old 10th September 2011, 15:33   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
AFAIK RSA is applicable for vehicles bought from Oct 2009. Call centre guys confirmed this. And I dont think it expires in 1 year.
I bought car on 23rd Sep, 2009. Any idea why punto/linea s bought before Oct, 2009 were not covered by RSA?
Is it possible to enroll for RSA?
Old 10th September 2011, 15:48   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
The RSA that comes bundled free with newer FIAT cars is for 50 months - as per the call center,
Old 10th September 2011, 16:00   #145
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat announces "Fiat First" - A Customer Care program

The RSA being offered either at 5k or free by FIAT started sometime in October or November. Before that it probably did not even exist. And as you may not have opted for it, they could not extend you that service as per policy.

And RSA offered by FIAT is for 50 months, doesnt expire at 1 year. When we bought our car in Dec 2009, we got free insure, free extended warranty and free RSA for 50months.

RSA is only for those people who buy it at time of purchase of car or anytime later. It is not a service which you can call up anytime and ask them to provide assistance anywhere, even with payment. The dealer wouldn't even know what to charge for something like this, so he cant possible provide you that service.

Also I think Palio is not even covered under RSA service by FIAT, though I am not sure of this.

Yes, you can buy into RSA, but prices are considerably higher.

Though we havnt had a chance to use this service(touchwood), from what I have read on the forum its pretty good. They even offer free towing service, within a 100km radius.
Old 10th September 2011, 16:01   #146
BHPian

Today I called-up Fiat customer care to check if RSA is free, and it is for 50 months. Sometimes dealer charge for it @5K, sometimes offers free mine was free and it will remain, even its written Free RSA.
Old 10th September 2011, 19:13   #147
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

RSA Is not free. I bought mine in may this year and paid 5000 + ( don't remember the exact amount ) for extended warranty and RSA .
Old 10th September 2011, 19:16   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
RSA Is not free. I bought mine in may this year and paid 5000 + ( don't remember the exact amount ) for extended warranty and RSA .
Was this at the time of vehicle purchase or after??
Old 10th September 2011, 19:19   #149
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

this was at the time of vehicle purchase . in fact sales man made it a point to included this in initial quotation that i received . nice on his part since i wasn;t aware of this ( extended warranty and RSA ).
Old 1st February 2014, 17:59   #150
Senior - BHPian

My punto purchased in Oct 2009 had RSA for 50 months till Dec 2013. Just called the RSA toll free number for renewal and they quoted 3400 for 12 months and 6600 for 24 months in a mail.

I think the prices are quite steep compared to the quote of 3000 for 50 months in the first page of this thread for new cars.

I don't think I'll renew the RSA if the rates are this high.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 1st February 2014 at 18:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks