Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 10:46   #76
BHPian

My best wishes to FIAT, I hope these initiatives create a positive impact and they get noted by a bigger crowd.

And thanks to you, Vinay. You have been doing your best in having discussions with the FIAT management.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:55   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
9. Dealer commissions on sales are also being linked to service feedback from customers (as a part of JD Survey).
This is good news. Not sure if it was first for FIAT service centers. Many others already have it.

Good they started now.

Good luck to FIAT. With the kind of portfolio, they are sure to win if they establish the confidence in customer.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:02   #78
BHPian

I don't understand the need of this. According to a poll on this forum, service "meets" the expectation mostly. Probably somebody can send a link to them of the thread so that they should stop taking such unnecessary initiative.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:07   #79
BHPian

Everything looks good in paper, but how well it has been implemented or getting implemented remains to be seen. I have been waiting for 3 spare parts for over 3months now, since those are just plastics I'm not in a hurry to get them still I do remind the service station by call. Till today no one has turned up yet and the parts are yet to be procurred.

The people of TASS have been inheriting poor service which is very deeply rooted, it takes something miraculous to make them provide fair service. I will not believe all these gimmicks unless Fiat opens its own service stations. With increasing number of cars from both the stables and with down-grading service from TASS, only tough times are ahead for the Tata-Fiat customers!
Old 10th March 2010, 11:08   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
I don't understand the need of this. According to a poll on this forum, service "meets" the expectation mostly. Probably somebody can send a link to them of the thread so that they should stop taking such unnecessary initiative.
It doesn't mean that only BHPians buys Fiat car and they should listen to it. Its for the benefit of all types of customers.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:10   #81
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Good going Vinay

I guess the next 3-6 months will tell us how serious FIAT folks really are. Many Linea and Punto owners will be completing the 1st free servicing (15k kms) and there will always be 178 platform owners (Palio, Sienna, Petra and Adventure) to try out these iniatives.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:10   #82
Senior - BHPian

Its about time! And a good step taken in the right direction.

I hope they can implement this completely and consistently across the country!
Old 10th March 2010, 11:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

Things are improving at FIAT

Quote:
Dude,

meeting expectation expected out of every one. In the competitive world, "exceeding expectation" is the new mantra. And thread here saying "met expectation" doesn’t mean that all is well. We have to see FIAT customers in India as a whole not just BHP-ians!

Well done FIAT. The online diagnostic facility is very good initiative.

The fact that FIAT had messed up big time with spares and service before, they have to go "extra mile" to get confidence of customer!

Some details about green tracks near Silk Board Bangalore! (Good news for Palio owners)

I went to green track 2 weeks back in my cousin's Palio. The Service Manage, Hariprasad said that they are regularly getting parts from FIAT india (once in 3 days). He also showed a GTX which was kept for servicing 3 days back and part had already arrived in "BLUE DART" courier.

Also a fender for a Palio arrived in a Big well packed FIAT box when i was in there.

He also advised that 150 regularly used / fast moving spares have been identified for FIAT vehicles and they are in stock always.

Also, he advised that he has made all arrangements for the summer with all AC related parts/ spares ready! For upcoming rainy season, he has already procured 48 set of vipers.

So lot of improvement going on at FIAT as well as workshops!

Wishing all the best to FIAT
Old 10th March 2010, 11:20   #84
mkh
Senior - BHPian

They should make more effort on making people aware of these efforts and focus big time
They MUST improve on pre-sales- the FIRST impression matters. Till now i have not heard from a single friend who asked for a TD at their location and it happened. Not all people will go to the showroom for a TD
Customers need great cars, FIAT has them, hope they can work on this and give the best support
Old 10th March 2010, 11:24   #85
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
They MUST improve on pre-sales- the FIRST impression matters. Till now i have not heard from a single friend who asked for a TD at their location and it happened. Not all people will go to the showroom for a TD
mkh has a very valid point. Nowhere in the initiatives list is pre-sales covered. A friend recently bought a Ritz instead of a Punto because of a negative impression while TD.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:31   #86
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand the need of this. According to a poll on this forum, service "meets" the expectation mostly.
As an employee, I will never be happy if I am appraised as "Meets expectations". The same is applicable in case of FIAT too and that's the right way to survive in this crowd.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:37   #87
Team-BHP Support

This is good. I guess people don't mind the price to be tad higher, but laxity of service is what that hits most. If that is addressed, sales will roll! This is the same that happens at Ford as well. Higher prices of spare parts but acceptable service.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:42   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
mkh has a very valid point. Nowhere in the initiatives list is pre-sales covered. A friend recently bought a Ritz instead of a Punto because of a negative impression while TD.
Absolutely valid point! When my folks were at Wasan Motors, Mumbai looking for a TD of the Punto the dealership guys were least interested and had no knowledge of the product either.

It was only due to the fact that I kept pushing for the Punto that my folks settled for it, else they were floored by customer experience received at dealerships for other manufacturers.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:58   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Just so as to clarify, i have been discussing with Fiat specific issues in relation to service which is critical and often neglected post the "buy" decision is made.

I would also bring up the issue of TD cars not being available, product information not available etc.

On the day Linea was launched, Concorde Motors (the flagship dealership) sales folks were not talking about -

1. Service interval of 15,000 kms
2. Blue n Me (which is still a USP)

I spent almost 4 hours, sitting in the showroom and observing the sales folks and their attitude. There was a big rush and the sales guys werent prepared and were just running around.

But i am hoping things have changed for the better now.

Cheers
Vinay
Old 10th March 2010, 12:41   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Everything looks good in paper, but how well it has been implemented or getting implemented remains to be seen. I have been waiting for 3 spare parts for over 3months now, since those are just plastics I'm not in a hurry to get them still I do remind the service station by call. Till today no one has turned up yet and the parts are yet to be procurred.

The people of TASS have been inheriting poor service which is very deeply rooted, it takes something miraculous to make them provide fair service. I will not believe all these gimmicks unless Fiat opens its own service stations. With increasing number of cars from both the stables and with down-grading service from TASS, only tough times are ahead for the Tata-Fiat customers!
+1
I am waiting for a head light for the past 10 days. Still no sign of arriving.

This happens most of the time where there is a need for a part.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks