Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:29   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Fiat First program is available for older models (Palio/Petra/ Sienna/Adventure) too, but on chargeable basis.

Recently, clevermax availed this facility for his Palio 1.2
Yes agreed Fiat First is available for older models on chargeable basis. What I don't understand is why Palio Stile (which is still in production) is not included in this program.
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:00   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Fiat First program is available for older models (Palio/Petra/ Sienna/Adventure) too, but on chargeable basis....
I think this might be a bit of a misleading statement.

"Fiat First" -- ie all the services, including warranty etc is NOT available for the older models.

The Road Side Assistance (RSA) is. And this is what clevermax had availed of.

cya
R
Old 11th December 2009, 13:27   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
I do not understand why FIAT has included only Punto and Linea in the Fiat First. Have they forgotten that they still have Palio Stile (petrol & MJD) still in production??

What is the crime of Palio Stiles for not being included in Fiat First program??
maybe fiat don't trust their own car i love the brand and hope the palio 1.6 lives till i can get hold of one. and i really hope fiat start their own dealership at least after introduction of the bravo.
Old 17th January 2010, 13:16   #64
BHPian

Road Side Assistance. Fiat is Changing for good

It has been sometime since my last post. Here goes my latest one.

Christmas Eve 2009, I was off to Kerala from Bangalore in Fiat Palio MJD SDX. Close 400KM covered in 7 Hrs. I was home at 11:00 am Positive. Got down from my car, locked the door, open the trunk, took my luggage, closed the hatch. Gosh!!!! Keys inside. Duplicate keys are in Bangalore and I am about to start another 150KM drive to my sisters place at 3:00 PM per the plan. What to do, Called up my cousine in Bangalore, another Fiat MJD owner, he inturn got in touch with the Fiat Showroom. Suggestion came from all corners. And they are as follows.

1) Break the window glass
2) Contact the Fiat folks and check the possibilities
3) Take the Duplicate keys based on the number and get another set of keys

I went to the mechanic, he said, Fiat we would not be able to open like we open Maruti vehicles.

All options were not seem to be quick. In any case my cousine, contacted Fiat customer care. They in turn called me and assured help. Then came the call, a 3 way conference,me, Fiat Customer Care and the Fiat calicut Road side assistance.

The Fiat road side assistance was at my door step exactly 4:45 PM, with the tool set, they opened the door with out any issues in flat 15 minutes. When I tried to pay, they said, since my car is under one year, the service is free of cost.

I started my drive to my sisters place, at 6:00 PM. 3 hrs offset from my plans. But, I am happy customer, every one say, After Sales Service and Road Side Assistance is not good. But I would say, FIAT is chaging. Changing for good.

Thanks FIAT. I appreciate your help when it is most required. And I would thank all my networks/Fiat Road Side Assistance Calicut who moved right resources to get the help quickly at my door step. Thank You Guys!!!
Old 17th January 2010, 22:45   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Things like these needs to be spread. But this good bits in the word of mouth publicity will yield long term results rather than short term.

Good Going FIAT
Old 17th January 2010, 22:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

@varriers

This is the kind of service that is going to see Fiat India make a turnaround.
One satisfied customer can lead to multiple car sales, it is such a obvious deduction but most companies fail to do that.
Old 18th January 2010, 11:54   #67
BHPian

Talk about raising it to new levels. A three way conferencing with a hapless customer is the first of its kind, if I am not wrong. Kudos to Fiat for ushering in such changes.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:59   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varriers View Post

Christmas Eve 2009, I was off to Kerala from Bangalore in Fiat Palio MJD SDX. Close 400KM covered in 7 Hrs. I was home at 11:00 am Positive. Got down from my car, locked the door, open the trunk, took my luggage, closed the hatch. Gosh!!!! Keys inside. Duplicate keys are in Bangalore and I am about to start another 150KM drive to my sisters place at 3:00 PM per the plan. What to do, Called up my cousine in Bangalore, another Fiat MJD owner, he inturn got in touch with the Fiat Showroom. Suggestion came from all corners. And they are as follows.

I went to the mechanic, he said, Fiat we would not be able to open like we open Maruti vehicles.

All options were not seem to be quick. In any case my cousine, contacted Fiat customer care. They in turn called me and assured help. Then came the call, a 3 way conference,me, Fiat Customer Care and the Fiat calicut Road side assistance.

The Fiat road side assistance was at my door step exactly 4:45 PM, with the tool set, they opened the door with out any issues in flat 15 minutes. When I tried to pay, they said, since my car is under one year, the service is free of cost.

I started my drive to my sisters place, at 6:00 PM. 3 hrs offset from my plans. But, I am happy customer, every one say, After Sales Service and Road Side Assistance is not good. But I would say, FIAT is chaging. Changing for good.

Thanks FIAT. I appreciate your help when it is most required. And I would thank all my networks/Fiat Road Side Assistance Calicut who moved right resources to get the help quickly at my door step. Thank You Guys!!!
That sounds straight out of Utopia world. This is really a great service and a great effort from FIAT. Keep it up FIAT.

So indeed Palio Stile is covered in RSA?

Last edited by maverickxx2006 : 18th January 2010 at 15:00. Reason: edited
Old 18th January 2010, 15:05   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is really heartening. Hope this not a one-off, and we will see more and more of such good things. And hopefully the 1.6 MJD Punto is my next car!

Last edited by ph03n!x : 18th January 2010 at 15:06. Reason: Removed the 3rd smiley!! :)
Old 25th January 2010, 13:18   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
That sounds straight out of Utopia world. This is really a great service and a great effort from FIAT. Keep it up FIAT.

So indeed Palio Stile is covered in RSA?
I guess so. Because I got the service from them with out paying anything. In any case, if they continue to give same service to every FIAT OWNER, I bet they are going to rock. It is really great to see so many PUNTOs and LINEAs, for that matter Stile MJDs around. FIAT is no more rare on roads, they are showing their presence.
Old 25th January 2010, 17:30   #71
UKR
BHPian

Quote:

You are not alone my friend. I also did the same thing on my Linea, closed the boot with keys inside and that too on a Sunday. The fiat guys turned up in no time with proper tools and opened the door without any problems and yes everything was done FOC.

I hope this is not a two-off occurance .

I would say that even though fiat service has room for improvement, it is at acceptable levels and genuine efforts are being made to improve it as is evident from the above experiences.
Old 26th January 2010, 05:57   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
You are not alone my friend. I also did the same thing on my Linea, closed the boot with keys inside and that too on a Sunday. The fiat guys turned up in no time with proper tools and opened the door without any problems and yes everything was done FOC.

I hope this is not a two-off occurance .

I would say that even though fiat service has room for improvement, it is at acceptable levels and genuine efforts are being made to improve it as is evident from the above experiences.
That's really nice to hear. I am sure, it would not be 2 off cases . There are some genuine efforts for a face lift and they are trying to serve the customer in a lot better than their own normal standards.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:25   #73
BHPian

FIAT India - Service Initiatives

Folks,

As a very big fan of Fiat and having owned 4 Fiats (Uno, NE 118 (if thats a fiat), Petra, Palio MJD, Adventure and the Linea) i have been interacting with folks from Fiat service and support over a couple of years.

I wanted to update this forum on some of the serious initiatives taken by Fiat over the last 8-10 months - the impact of which is either already visible to a lot of Fiat customers, or would be hopefully borne out in the next few months. From what i noticed on the poll running on Team BHP, it appears that Fiat service is now at acceptable levels for more than 70 percent owners, which clearly is a good sign.

I had an occassion to specifically interact with the following Fiat folks and I am summarising my discussions and commitments given by them:
1. Mr Ravi Bhatia (VP - Operations)
2. Mr Mangesh Kodalkar (Customer Service, FIAPL)
3. Mr Thirumal (Regional Service Manager, Tata Motors, Bangalore)

Some very positive and specific initiatives already taken and results of which are already being witnessed or would be seen by customers in next 4-6 months -

1. Warehouse moved to new central location on the Poona-Bombay highway and parts inventorised and catalogued, specially the older models of Fiats sold in India (Palio, Adventure, Petra etc)

2. Better and crisper cataloguing of parts specific to Indian models

3. REactivation of older vendors and batch processing and procurement of old parts that are required for cars and which were not in stock. This has been done at significant cost, and with a reassurance that discontinued models would continue to be supported by Fiat

4. Categorical service support from Fiat India for 10 years after formal
announcement of phasing out of the models from the market. Hence technically there is assurance that there cannot be a problem in supporting older cars which is a big relief to us and provides a formal escalation matrix to Fiat if dealers act funny

5. Specific training to Parts Managers etc for indenting right parts with part numbers. Capability of taking pictures of critical parts, where there could be multiple vendors/minor variation in parts, and emailed to the Spares folks to enable proper and the right supply the first time around.

6. Remote Diagnostic using ECU for electronics. The Car ECU would now be connected online with trained team in Factory at Ranjangaon as well as Turin for handling escalation and diagnostics on electronics. This initiative should address a lot of diagnostic related escalations, specially for newer Lineas and Puntos. The pilot run is completed, and this should be soon rolled out across all dealerships.

7. Request to please use the email set up for formal escalation process which would be attended to without fail by Service support teams within Tata Motors (responsible for Fiat distribution and support) and by FIAPL itself.

8. To follow up with dealer and ask them to give the "Vehicle Off Road" or VOR docket number where engine or other key parts are not available at dealership, and quote the same in escalations to Fiat. VOR is tracked very seriously and any vehicle in the workshop beyond 5 days attracts serious attention from Tata Motors and FIAPL and a VOR docket number quoted in emails would assist in easy follow up for closure. Asking for a VOR number would also put pressure on dealerships to ensure that car diagnostic and service delivery is prioritised.

9. Dealer commissions on sales are also being linked to service feedback from customers (as a part of JD Survey).

I hope all this woudl bring back confidence in what they are doing and confident in support for our cars going forward. We should be happy that Fiat is seriously talking, taking feedback and putting actions into place for the service support in its service comeback initiative.

Ravi has specifically mentioned that the Fiat management is aware that patience of customers is low, choices are plenty and Fiat is committed more than ever before to get the support right.

I hope this information is useful to all Fiat owners.

Cheers
Vinay Sambaragimath
Old 10th March 2010, 10:38   #74
Senior - BHPian

Wow a really nice initiative from FIAT. If this is implemented to the core, I am sure theres nothing that can stop FIAT from taking larger share in the market. Its been a year since they launched Linea now, on a serious note they are doing good at this time. May be another couple of years with good service record can make people think to go for FIAT and can increase the awareness about the brand in the market.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:45   #75
BANNED

Very good initiative...

I wonder why it took so much time to materialize. This all could have done when Fiat launched Linea, so to win the hearts of all existing and prospective customers.

Its a Second life .. and FIAT is heading to the right direction.

Most Viewed