Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 22:54   #121
Senior - BHPian

^^ exactlee ,I also thought the same , why would some one call helpline for flat tyre .

However ,did you call them to test their loyalty ? and was it free ?

Last edited by black12rr : 10th May 2010 at 22:59.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:56   #122
Senior - BHPian

^^ Don't you think its a difficult task to change the tyre in the Office premises?!
Old 10th May 2010, 23:02   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ I won't mind doing it. I don't depend on somebody else for such an easy task.
Old 11th May 2010, 02:18   #124
BHPian

That's pretty sweet. I'd use it if I were at office even if it were just a flat that needed fixing. You hardly want to be sweating out in the open or an underground parking lot if you have a series of meetings.
Old 11th May 2010, 05:33   #125
BHPian

Well seems that you are pretty satisfied with the Fiat first program. Its a good thing to have a "dependable" number to call back to when in a car emergency , may it be a very simple thing like a puncture.

--Vikrant
Old 11th May 2010, 06:58   #126
BHPian

Details from the website; Looks like one has to register first to utilise thsi facility. so all NEW FIAT owners do register onlne.

What is Fiat Roadside Assistance?

• Roadside assistance is a 24X7 roadside emergency service available for Fiat vehicles.
• It is a service provided in the event of vehicle getting immobilized due to breakdown or road accident.
• It offers 50 months coverage from the date of sale of a new vehicle.
• It provides on the spot vehicle assistance and towing facility to the nearest Tata-Fiat dealer.

Covered events & Benefits offered:

Breakdown/accident Roadside repair or vehicle recovery
Tyre related Puncture, bolt or valve related issues
Battery related Dead Battery – Jump Start
Key related Locked keys, lost keys or broken keys
Fuel related Out of fuel, incorrect fuel

To avail our service offering of Fiat First Roadside Assistance

Source - Fiat India
Old 11th May 2010, 07:06   #127
Team-BHP Support

This looks good. Hope they continue this as they scale their sales?
There is no tie-up on this with Tata right?
Old 11th May 2010, 07:37   #128
Senior - BHPian

I would agree that this is a nice experience but its a trivial experience frankly. It is not true breakdown service. Not at the level that Suman got for his safari while sitting at Corbett.

I mean yes, you can call in the pest control guys to swat mosquitoes - but that is not the test of its quality. Yes - I can understand a woman or a senior executive not wanting to change tyres at office, but one can jolly well ask the guards/valets to call the friendly neighborhood tyre guy.

In the days of global warming - this is a needless waste of resources when India has puncturewalas every km!
Old 11th May 2010, 08:14   #129
BANNED

This service is available only for owners of Punto and Linea.
Old 11th May 2010, 08:45   #130

all answers

Firstly, yes changing a tyre is a 5 minutes job. Had I not been in office and on my way to somewhere I would have done it myself. But as I mentioned above, I had ample time. So, I called fiat first to test the service and anyways its free, as in they did not charge me anything for coming and changing the tyre.

Further, I understand that this is not true test of a breakdown service. I understand that in this case (e.g. an accident), they arrange for towing to nearest fiat dealer and I think they also arrange for alternative transportation. I am not sure, but I think its free up to 50 kms.

Having said that, the experience is indeed a test of the manner in which "fiat first" responds to its customers. And its a sea change from what I was told when I ventured out to buy a fiat punto. I am happy.

Anyways, be it a trivial things, I am happy and have the assurance that someday if I get stalled somewhere for any reason, I have a number to call and I know they will respond. Hope I never get to test their accident recovery services.

Lastly, please note that the services come through Europ Assistance, which is a global player in this field. Please visit its uk website here.
Old 11th May 2010, 17:54   #131
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
You called up a helpline for a flat tire??

Changing a tire is 5 minutes job, Why go through pain of calling up someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
^^ exactlee ,I also thought the same , why would some one call helpline for flat tyre .
Could be because their service clearly states:

Quote:
Services offered: Parts replacement/repair, Tyre change assistance, Extra fuel (5L), Battery jump, Onward journey assistance for an additional 50kms.
If I was at work, I'd for sure call them for a tyre range. For one, its too hot out there. Second, I don't want to walk back in office with a sweaty shirt + dirty hands. Third, I could be pressed for time. And lastly, again, because the service package clearly covers "tyre change assistance"!
Old 11th May 2010, 21:45   #132
UKR
BHPian

I have also had good experience from Fiat when I had accidentally put the keys in the boot and shut it. They turned up promptly, opened the driver side door with some tool having Fiat embossed on it, opened the boot and retrieved the keys. And of course it was free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I would agree that this is a nice experience but its a trivial experience frankly. It is not true breakdown service. Not at the level that Suman got for his safari while sitting at Corbett.

I mean yes, you can call in the pest control guys to swat mosquitoes - but that is not the test of its quality. Yes - I can understand a woman or a senior executive not wanting to change tyres at office, but one can jolly well ask the guards/valets to call the friendly neighborhood tyre guy.

In the days of global warming - this is a needless waste of resources when India has puncturewalas every km!
Couldn't disagree more to the above interpretation.

The tire changing process might be trivial and some arrogant a** providers might laugh at you if you call them for a tire change. But in Fiat's case, they have not only responded promptly with zero connection delay, but also showed up within the mentioned time frame and delivered on what had been promised in the "Fiat First" program. What ever their past was, to me, this shows Fiat's commitment towards ensuring that their customers do not get stranded on the way irrespective of whether the reason is trivial or not and hats off to them for a job well done.

The matter is not as simple as swatting mosquitoes at home. It is not necessary that the puncture would always happen at your office premises where you could order your guards/valets/janitors to go find a friendly neighborhood tire wala. I am sure you would agree that in these days of global warming, you would be having a hard time looking for a tire wala if this happened in some remote place in the middle of the day where you wouldn't even find wild animals leave alone a tire wala.

Kindly give credit where it is due.
Old 12th May 2010, 13:54   #133
Senior - BHPian

OT, but it won't be that easy a job for someone trying to change a tyre for the first time all by himself. Placing the jack at the right place will be tricky. For example, in a M-800 the jack has to be placed next to the suspension arm.

Unlike most people on this forum, not many look under the hood or bother to change the tyre themselves, and that's why these assistance programs have such stuff listed as part of the package.
Old 4th June 2010, 20:14   #134
BHPian

Great (pre) customer care buy FIAT.

Guys,

I was in love with Punto ever since it has launched, but being a loyal customer to Maruti for a decade I was bit skeptical about FIAT's service and spare parts. But Punto has grown on me and decided to go ahead and book it tomorrow, decision was tough yes ditched SX4 for the Punto. (Though it would have been a different story if the SX4 hatch was available!) To cut the long story short I have raised the same concerns thru the FIAT INDIA CEO corner ...surprise in no time I got a call on my cell from Mr. Ravi Bhatia assuring all support from FIAT that too at 7:30 PM (exactly after a minute after I post the query). He talked to me about 10 minutes. Way to go FIAT, I haven't expected a Sr. executive calling me directly and assuring peace of Mind. He has told me that every post in CEO corner is redirected to his cell ! also talked about the meeting with team BHPians in Bangalore. Hope they continue the same support in dealer level as well.

PS: He has told me to give him a ring if I need any assistance later.

Last edited by BMW-X5 : 4th June 2010 at 20:17.
Old 5th June 2010, 00:23   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Guys,

I was in love with Punto ever since it has launched, but being a loyal customer to Maruti for a decade I was bit skeptical about FIAT's service and spare parts. But Punto has grown on me and decided to go ahead and book it tomorrow, decision was tough yes ditched SX4 for the Punto. (Though it would have been a different story if the SX4 hatch was available!) To cut the long story short I have raised the same concerns thru the FIAT INDIA CEO corner ...surprise in no time I got a call on my cell from Mr. Ravi Bhatia assuring all support from FIAT that too at 7:30 PM (exactly after a minute after I post the query). He talked to me about 10 minutes. Way to go FIAT, I haven't expected a Sr. executive calling me directly and assuring peace of Mind. He has told me that every post in CEO corner is redirected to his cell ! also talked about the meeting with team BHPians in Bangalore. Hope they continue the same support in dealer level as well.

PS: He has told me to give him a ring if I need any assistance later.
Very pleased to hear this. I have also written to their CEO corner, and although I had written three e-mails and got one in reply, I understand it had more to do with the kind of e-mails I wrote. Basically, I was talking about product variants and product launches, and not service issues etc.

Anyway, I am glad to hear that Fiat is slowly branching across buyers of other brands. Please share your booking and buying experience (and of course the driving later on) with us, when the time comes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks