Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:06   #106
BHPian

Great Initiative by FIAT

My visit to the Check up camp was great! Every problem was carefully checked with care. Complaints will be taken care in next appointment. The passion for FIAT is slowly rising in the service too now. That shows FIAT is building faith among all owners and prospective ones. Here is response by FIAT published in paper after the camp.
Note: I've not seen any other manufacturer here do such.
Fiat announces "Fiat First" - A Customer Care program-fiatfirst.jpg

Good Luck, FIAT~
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:00   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a good move by FIAT keep the masses informed that they are actually concerned and showing sincere efforts to improve the After sales service and spare parts availability.

Good luck FIAT. Keep em coming!
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:09   #108
BHPian

Fiat First helped me out when I got locked out last weekend. Happened in a remote village in Kerala and Fiat was able to send a nearby expert to help out. Thumbs up to them.
Good thing was that the operator was calling every hour or so and ensured the job is completed.
Old 26th March 2010, 13:00   #109
mkh
Senior - BHPian

before buying

What are they doing about giving the BASIC service on Pre-Sales???
I had a very interesting experience recently and in fact posted on another thread some praise.
I went on my way to a showroom- Prerna on lalbagh road. I was welcomed very well, and great treatment by the rep there, he gave his card and said SURE SIR- will contact u for a TD at your location
This was because i had scoffed at him saying that its been 3-4 attempts and over 6 months that i am waiting for a TD of the punto.
Now, it has been a WEEK and guess what? NO CALL at all!!!
Wow- if this is what they have as interest in selling a car to a prospective buyer then product must be something really exceptional!!
All said and done, i am surely of the opinion( based on FACTS), FIAT pre-sales sucks! I am sure many FIAT lovers here may jump to the defense and say they have good experience etc etc, but 9 times on 10(including my friends experiences) they never turn up for a TD request at all ( in BLR and all dealers are the same)
Someone in FIAT should read this.
Old 26th March 2010, 13:13   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I had a very interesting experience recently and in fact posted on another thread some praise.
I went on my way to a showroom- Prerna on lalbagh road. I was welcomed very well, and great treatment by the rep there, he gave his card and said SURE SIR- will contact u for a TD at your location
This was because i had scoffed at him saying that its been 3-4 attempts and over 6 months that i am waiting for a TD of the punto.
Wow- if this is what they have as interest in selling a car to a prospective buyer then product must be something really exceptional!!
All said and done, i am surely of the opinion( based on FACTS), FIAT pre-sales sucks! I am sure many FIAT lovers here may jump to the defense and say they have good experience etc etc, but 9 times on 10(including my friends experiences) they never turn up for a TD request at all ( in BLR and all dealers are the same)
Thats indeed a bad effort from the Dealer which TATA has to be blamed as they are into sales and service for FIAT cars. This is spoiling FIAT name instead.
I would suggest you to post your complaints to FIAT Service desk, i.e service@fiapl.com and mention the Sales guy and dealer with whom you interacted. I'm sure action will be taken. Guys from FIAT keeps asking for customer to post their problems to them so they can improve and resolve their issues.

Try another dealer in the meanwhile.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:36   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes thats true pre-sales for fiat sucks especially in bangalore,luckily i had a good experience at prerana sarjapur road, but thats a one off case i guess.
I have heard a lot of good things from many people about KHT motors at white filed, you may give them a try.
Old 26th March 2010, 16:10   #112
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Thats indeed a bad effort from the Dealer which TATA has to be blamed as they are into sales and service for FIAT cars. This is spoiling FIAT name instead.
I would suggest you to post your complaints to FIAT Service desk, i.e service@fiapl.com and mention the Sales guy and dealer with whom you interacted. I'm sure action will be taken. Guys from FIAT keeps asking for customer to post their problems to them so they can improve and resolve their issues.

Try another dealer in the meanwhile.
Concorde had the SAME problem, none turned up. Prerna from sarjapur also the same, i am not so excited about buying the punto that i will take the extra step, for all that i care, they can go on with this pathetic attitude. Let me see if i can write this to fiat, as a good gesture to help them maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
yes thats true pre-sales for fiat sucks especially in bangalore,luckily i had a good experience at prerana sarjapur road, but thats a one off case i guess.
I have heard a lot of good things from many people about KHT motors at white filed, you may give them a try.
All are the same i guess- its only the ones who REALLY are fiat lovers who will ignore this and go the extra step to hunt down another dealer, most will just give their car a pass.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:04   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Concorde had the SAME problem, none turned up. Prerna from sarjapur also the same, i am not so excited about buying the punto that i will take the extra step, for all that i care, they can go on with this pathetic attitude. Let me see if i can write this to fiat, as a good gesture to help them maybe.

All are the same i guess- its only the ones who REALLY are fiat lovers who will ignore this and go the extra step to hunt down another dealer, most will just give their car a pass.
You need not buy the car if you dont like it but your initiative will help FIAT and future prospective buyers. Let them know they are losing customers because of TATA dealers attitudes.

Somebody needs to ring the bell!
Old 29th March 2010, 09:54   #114
JVH
Senior - BHPian

I had a very similar experience faced by mkh during the launch of Punto. Concorde Motors, Mysore road was the place. I had gone there to buy a few spares for my GTX and also thought of test-driving the mini maser. I had called in advanced both the spares department and the sales department for appointments because this place is atleast 40kms from my place. While I did find all the requested spares, test-driving was immensely disappointing. Heck, there was no test-drive at all. No-one bothered to approach and I could literally see the salesmen sipping coffee and idling around here and there. When asked, they said they are not FIAT related but TATA. So much for the TATA-FIAT venture.

The receptionist, after 20 odd minutes finally asked me, Can I help you Sir? I said Yes, Where is the complaint box? She replies - Why Sir, what is the problem? I say why there are no FIAT sales guys for a newly launched product? OH, they are all in training Sir! They will only come back in the evening.

So much for communication!. That fellow over the phone during appointment should have atleast informed me to come in the evening. Both wifey and me were pissed off and went home without a test drive.
Old 14th April 2010, 15:27   #115
J.Ravi

During the Fiat First Free Check-up Campaign on 7 March 2010, I was informed that my Fiat Linea [8 Oct 2009] was covered under 24x7 RSA, so I need not apply for that again.

Today, when I enquired with Fiat First toll-free number 1800 209 3428, I was informed that my car was not covered under 24x7 RSA [only Fiat cars bought on or after 5 November 2009 has been covered under 24x7 RSA automatically], I have to take it by paying Rs 1450 for 24 month coverage or Rs 3000 for 50 months. It seems, Fiat First has outsourced 24x7 RSA to Europ Assistance India Pvt Ltd., Mumbai. I have received an e-mail from them containing the details of application form, address and mode of payment [cheque is to be made in their name].

As I wanted to double-check and confirm it, I called Tata Motors at their toll-free number 1800 209 7979. They informed that my Fiat Linea is indeed covered for 24x7 RSA for one year, so I need not pay anything for that and if I may want it, apply after one year.

So, I have now decided to take further action on this after expiry of one year period, i.e., 8 Oct 2010.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th April 2010 at 15:47.

Old 15th April 2010, 13:17   #116
Senior - BHPian

My Punto was purchased on October 21, 2009. I made the purchase after seeing a TOI ad mentioning free RSA, insurance and extended warranty.

I called up the fiat first toll free number today, and they had all my details in their system. They confirmed that my car was covered under RSA for 50 months.

Ravi, if you face a breakdown you will be calling the Fiat toll free number, and they might again say that you are not covered under RSA - despite the assurance by Tata that you are covered for a year ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 15th April 2010 at 13:22.
Old 10th May 2010, 20:49   #117

Fiat First - First experience

I have a Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack. Wonderful car, just love it. Better than anything else on the road. But this post is not about the car itself. It is about the service called "Fiat First".

Its the roadside assistance program of fiat. Some of the benefits are
Roadside repair or vehicle recovery, Puncture, bolt or valve related issues, Dead Battery – Jump Start, Locked keys, lost keys or broken keys, out of fuel, incorrect fuel. Its free as well. To know more, click here.

Last week when I reached office, I noticed low air pressure in one of my tyre. From my past experience I knew that my tubeless has hit a nail. The office valet confirmed the same.

I was not in a hurry and was in office, so I called the fiat first number and here is the experience.
  1. Instant connection, no waiting. Was greeted and the lady asked my mobile number, the problem and my location.
  2. Within a minute the lady put me on a conference call with the local service guy who was supposed to come and attend my car. The guy confirmed the problem and location and said that will be there in 30 mins.
  3. Within 20 minutes, I got a call from the office valet that someone form fiat was there to see me. A minute later the lady form mumbai called and put me in conference with the guy to confirm that he had reached the right place.
  4. The guy had all equipments in his car. Changed the flat tyre swiftly, put the flat tyre back and left.
  5. I again got a call from the call centre lady to confirm that the problem was fixed.

Note:
The guy changed my tyre but did not fix the flat one. He could have if I would have asked him to by taking it to nearest service location. But that would have costed extra. So, I choose not to. I wanted to get it fixed in my presence and I could not have left office at that point.

The person was not from a fiat dealer. he was from an independent service provider with whom fiat has alliance.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the response time, manner and quality of services under "fiat first".

Its quite handy for any fiat car related problem. Anywhere in India at any time. 24x7.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:21   #118
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the experience with us. Fiat First offers pretty good service, and I think Fiat salesmen, should talk more about it during the pre-sale dialogue with a prospective customer.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:33   #119
Senior - BHPian

Many positive reviews towards Fiat Service off late. Very happy to see Fiat improving.!

What was the total cost involved?
Old 10th May 2010, 22:44   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

You called up a helpline for a flat tire??

Changing a tire is 5 minutes job, Why go through pain of calling up someone else.

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th May 2010 at 22:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks