Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:39   #856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Guys.
Booked my VW Vento Yesterday (though it's unofficial). Paid the advance too.
Opted for the top end Diesel model.
@naveen.raju
Is the advance refundable or did you give post dated cheques? The Vento looks great in specs. But, are you very confident to book the Vento without even a test drive.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:54   #857
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
@naveen.raju
Is the advance refundable or did you give post dated cheques? The Vento looks great in specs. But, are you very confident to book the Vento without even a test drive.
The advance is refundable.
This is just for the priority status once the car is out.
The reason why I booked is that there's already 45+ unofficial bookings already for Vento in Cochin alone. So the waiting period will be high.
For this price range, I had short listed the Diesel Altis and Vento. But didnt like the Altis.
I feel Vento is pretty good. My main priorities are good ground clearance, rear space, equipment list. Vento do have these (I hope). Also, I opted for the top end model. There's a test car running around here. Hopefully, I get to see that car in real so that I can check out the interiors.
Will keep you all updated on this.
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:13   #858
BHPian

just got off the phone with vw in chennai. The official price announcement is expected by the close of this week. Bookings will start then. The showroom cars will be available by next week.

I think all the magazine reviews will be happening in parallel, and we can expect to read them in next months ed
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:31   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a great show of confidence (or a very flexible budget ) to book without even knowing the prices.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:12   #860
Senior - BHPian

With a total flop show by toyota with Altis D, lot of customers are expected to shift to Vento highend Diesel. VW cars have lot of potential and buzz created in the market. The only thing left to be seen is whether they can match this with timely deliveries

Last edited by poloman : 3rd August 2010 at 12:14.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:24   #861
Senior - BHPian

1,038 units of altis dieel are booked.Flop show?
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:27   #862
Senior - BHPian

I did not mean the numbers.! As a package Altis D is a big letdown.Lot of those Altis will go to Taxi market.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:50   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys.
Booked my VW Vento Yesterday (though it's unofficial). Paid the advance too.
Opted for the top end Diesel model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It's a great show of confidence (or a very flexible budget ) to book without even knowing the prices.
In Mumbai the Dealers are tight lipped, as far as I understand no bookings even unofficial are being accepted.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:45   #864
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes.. People are pouring in VW dealers to book the Vento. Lucky that they started this booking here in Cochin keeping in mind that Cochin is a really big market for such kinda budget.

As far as I know, Altis isnt moving well here in Cochin when compared to VW.

Hopefully I will get to hear more details about the Vento early next week.

I have already fixed on the Top end Diesel and might go in for White, keeping my existing Fiesta, Swift which are white.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:51   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
With a total flop show by toyota with Altis D, lot of customers are expected to shift to Vento highend Diesel. VW cars have lot of potential and buzz created in the market. The only thing left to be seen is whether they can match this with timely deliveries
Altis Diesel sales decreasing(just assuming) and Vento sales increasing does not imply Altis guys are moving to Vento.
The Vento,though a pretty good car(on paper at least) is from a segment lower.
I'd rather go for a Chevrolet Cruze which is the obvious choice.Infact the Cruze eating into the old Altis' sales is what I think lead to the need for the diesel Altis in the first place.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:01   #866
BHPian

they've accepted that they have severe parts supply bottleneck for the polo top end variant. resulting in a wait list of 3-4 months. This is obviously leading to lost customers. same might end up being true for the vento too.

Altis will work out for the mile crunchers. No doubt about the poor package though.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:15   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post
they've accepted that they have severe parts supply bottleneck for the polo top end variant. resulting in a wait list of 3-4 months. This is obviously leading to lost customers. same might end up being true for the vento too.
How do they plan the after sales support with parts shortage for the new cars itself ? Wait for a month beore you get a damaged part.
Old 4th August 2010, 17:20   #868
Senior - BHPian

Production of Vento begins in Chakan !

Source : Motoroids - Cars, motorcyles, bikes, Auto news India, review, road test, news, first drive, first ride, motorsport, motor shows, car buy / sell, car prices, specifications
Old 4th August 2010, 18:04   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post

Altis will work out for the mile crunchers. No doubt about the poor package though.
Just a small conspiracy theory, when VW started off they claimed to lose 80k on very Polo produced, consider this and the fact that Vento would address the concerns about legroom, I would think they were ramping up more for the Vento since at its possible price point there are already established players which means long delivery dates would only cause more churn and loss of sales.
Old 5th August 2010, 22:48   #870

Quote:
Yes.. People are pouring in VW dealers to book the Vento. Lucky that they started this booking here in Cochin keeping in mind that Cochin is a really big market for such kinda budget.

As far as I know, Altis isnt moving well here in Cochin when compared to VW.

Hopefully I will get to hear more details about the Vento early next week.

I have already fixed on the Top end Diesel and might go in for White, keeping my existing Fiesta, Swift which are white.
Any idea on launch date in Delhi?
I am interested to go for a VW Vento but not able to take a final decision since I do not know the price or launch date. My budget is also capped at 10 lac. Checked with Bhasin moters and they are not revealing anything except taking my mobile number to intimate me. Sent a mail to World class auto (found from VW website Dealer Locator) and no respnse. Somehow I feel they are overconfident of their venture.

Slightly undecided on the options from ANHC, Fiat Linea, Cedia, and VW Vento. Altis is above my tight budget.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks