Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:44   #736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
For one space. The Vento does not look too roomy and someone buying a 9-10 Lac sedan will surely go for the roomier sedan.
And how do you determine this when the car has not even been launched & without sitting in it?
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:40   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
And how do you determine this when the car has not even been launched & without sitting in it?
This is pure speculation from the pictures of the interiors posted here. I dont think that's too much of a problem in analyzing this is there?
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:45   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is pure speculation from the pictures of the interiors posted here. I dont think that's too much of a problem in analyzing this is there?
TEHO. Normally, one would wait for the car to be launched, sit inside & then pronounce judgement. More so, if one is comparing with another vehicle. Of course, I'm not saying that you aren't right (maybe you are, maybe you're not), I'm just wondering what your basis for making the statement so authoritatively was.

Oh & btw, speaking for myself, I find the ANHC lacking quite a few of the features that I'd look for in a sedan priced in the 9-10 lacs band, starting with Climate Control. But then, different strokes for different folks.......
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:07   #739
Senior - BHPian

I am no authority here. But if we were not to discuss and pass judgement on yet to be released cars, then whats the whole point of discussion here on Team-BHP. So I guess what you are suggesting is to let it be launched, read the reviews and then see for ourselves before passing judgment.

Yes judgments are passed and that too many of them, especially if the car is a new exciting one and more often than not they are wrong. My whole point was that the Vento seemed pretty promising when the news of its launch leaked here and I was a bit disappointed with the specs and the room being offered. These are purely my views and I don't want to force these on any one else here.

BTW, For me at 9-10 Lacs a 117 hp engine would be the most important thing for me.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:15   #740
BHPian

Quote:
I am no authority here. But if we were not to discuss and pass judgement on yet to be released cars, then whats the whole point of discussion here on Team-BHP. So I guess what you are suggesting is to let it be launched, read the reviews and then see for ourselves before passing judgment.

Yes judgments are passed and that too many of them, especially if the car is a new exciting one and more often than not they are wrong. My whole point was that the Vento seemed pretty promising when the news of its launch leaked here and I was a bit disappointed with the specs and the room being offered. These are purely my views and I don't want to force these on any one else here.

BTW, For me at 9-10 Lacs a 117 hp engine would be the most important thing for me.
Sorry for going OT here. I respect your views mate, I really do.But IMHO irrespective of the torque/bhp nos, the engine will be as good as the chassis that supports it.

And we cant comment on the space and features on the Vento just as yet but being European it definitely will have a chassis which will support all the horses and Torque which the engine throws out.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:31   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Sorry for going OT here. I respect your views mate, I really do.But IMHO irrespective of the torque/bhp nos, the engine will be as good as the chassis that supports it.

And we cant comment on the space and features on the Vento just as yet but being European it definitely will have a chassis which will support all the horses and Torque which the engine throws out.
+10000
Having a car with more horses is not as important as having a car which can utilise those extra horses. Chassis, Build of European Cars has always been superior compared to the Japs (barring the Civic which i felt has a good chassis & high speed control). The ANHC is good at speeds upto 120kmph or so. After that, the chassis gives way. Alternately, i drove the Civic and it was pretty composed for me even at 165kmph.
Old 22nd July 2010, 15:53   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Oh & btw, speaking for myself, I find the ANHC lacking quite a few of the features that I'd look for in a sedan priced in the 9-10 lacs band, starting with Climate Control. But then, different strokes for different folks.......
+1. Totally agree.

Quote:
For one space. The Vento does not look too roomy and someone buying a 9-10 Lac sedan will surely go for the roomier sedan.
I think bhpian Gaurav Chopra(?) did get a chance to sit in a Vento and he didnt complain too much about space.

Quote:
Second the engine. The 1.6 VW mill is unlikely to be as efficient or smooth or powerful as the Vtec Honda.
Lets wait for a detailed test report buddy.Well you forgot to mention VW also has a 1.6 Diesel !! C+ segment was waiting for a fully loaded sedan, 1.6 diesel.

Quote:
So that only leaves the plastics and the interiors. The plastics of the City are at best OK. The Vento if it is any where close to what the plastics of the Polo are, then surely that's just about the only brownie point over the City.
Automatic Climate Control, Rear A/c Vents are other brownie points. I hope the service schedule will also be better than Honda's.
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:42   #743
mxx
BHPian

Quote:

Well, you are comparing the specs on paper. A whole lot of things come into play to actually determine the performance on road. Even when we speak about specs on paper, you have to consider that vento has much more torque delivered early on the rev range. Now for the majority of the people who drive in cities, this is an advantage.
Anyways, as I said , comparisons on performance and stuff should wait till atleast a first drive report.
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:55   #744
Senior - BHPian

Talking about the performance of Vento against ANHC, we can consider this:
Polo 1.6 is supposed to be 3 seconds quicker to 0-100 then 1.2 version, which is likely to be 11+ secs. Add a longer wheelbase and boot, it is going to be slower by another second. On paper ANHC is likely to be quicker then Vento by at least 2 seconds(0-100)
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:05   #745
BHPian

Guys here are some pics i could manage for the car. The car should be in display from Sept first week in the showroom i am working in. Shall give you all details as i get em. For now please enjoy the pics.

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-sdc10509.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-sdc10510.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-sdc10515.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-sdc10522.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-sdc10524.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-sdc10542.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-sdc10557.jpg

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th July 2010 at 04:19.
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:05   #746
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

BTW, For me at 9-10 Lacs a 117 hp engine would be the most important thing
for me.
Whats highlighted in bold is exactly what should be done and NOT passing judgment before a car is launched, theres no point.

If its only the power that matters then buddy for the price of your spark you could have got a used vtec or even as rs?
Old 23rd July 2010, 02:43   #747
BHPian

Quote:

give me a break!
So out of 100's of parameters, you choose one number (117hp) and that too without providing complete information. Even if power was your only concern, you should look at the power band, ie. the power vs RPM. Sure you can get even get 117hp even in a 5 lakh car ... may be at 8000 RPM.
Further more, if you are looking at performance, you need to look at torque, the torque bands and the power/weight ratios.
Old 23rd July 2010, 07:42   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
If you guys havent observed yet, ACI has a "first drive" on the Vento in its August Edition
ACI headline is misleading because they have not 'driven' the car at all. There is no report on the driving impression and they just talk about the features, engine specs and space etc.
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:05   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
ACI headline is misleading because they have not 'driven' the car at all. There is no report on the driving impression and they just talk about the features, engine specs and space etc.

I fully agree with what you are saying but there are a few good takeaways in the article

1. The 105 Bhp diesel 1.6 vento will feature a de-tuned engine that chugs out only 19.8Kgm of torque unlike the russian version of 21+Kgm
2. The 0-100 stat of the diesel engine is 14 Secs
3. Music system is still the same as in the Polo - there is no aux or usb slot
4. There is some lever for the rear passenger which can be used to fold the front seat ahead of him/her
5. The top of the line version comes with some extra chrome bits, rear passenger light, rear AC vent etc etc
6. The power steering is electro mechanical
7. Tyres are 185/60 R15
8 Price 7-9 lakh
10. The 105 Bhp 1.6 L petrol engine has a poor bottom end as it makes its peak torque of 15 kgm only at 3800 Rpm

Last edited by acidkill : 23rd July 2010 at 11:10.
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:01   #750
Senior - BHPian

One of the key points is:

ACI says that the quality of the plastics and interiors in general looks to be 'much better' than in POLO.

If true, thats a significant point. I think the POLO already has better quality plastics than any sedan (certainly including ANHC). Surprisingly, the only car that has 'good' interior quality other than the POLO is JAZZ (i20 maybe but then you can keep going down the ladder!).

If it gives goos ambiance when inside the car, the it will probably be the only car (ANHC; only to some degree) to do so this side of 10L.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 23rd July 2010 at 12:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks