Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 13:14   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Rajani View Post

Spotted 2 Nissan Evalia's (Black & White) this morning driving in tandem. The badges were masked off for obvious reasons.

Great scoop anil. The car looks too boxy to me. The only thing I liked about it is the face. The rear is totally plain and extra flat IMO .

The sliding middle doors can result in the failure of this car. Or else it may end up as a competition to the tata winger.

Last edited by dZired : 26th July 2012 at 13:22.
Old 26th July 2012, 14:21   #107
Senior - BHPian

Well done Anil - very good pics!
It looks a bit bigger than the Innova from the pics - but that may be deceptive. Yes - the sliding door and the 'boxiness' especially the rear portion does take away a bit in terms of overall appeal.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:35   #108

Thanks @dZired & @wilful. The Evalia did look bigger than the innova but i suspect thats the result of the boxy design of the Evalia. It does open up a whole load of interior space as a result!! Ihad a chance to glance in while on the move and the 2nd & 3rd rows looked like they could accomodate adults in comfort!

In the last pic, you can barely notice a white Evalia a coupe of cars in front. that looked like a higher spec version compared to the black. It did have a rear spoiler( although im not sure what good that will do ).

Both the vehicles did have a commanding view of the road as well as good road presence! We may finally have a suitable alternative to the tried and tested Innova which with all the safety features comes in at around Rs16lakh (OTR Chennai). So the Evalia at a lakh or so less will probably eat away at the innova's market share. But then again, there is a new Innova coming sometime soon. Spoilt for choice? I think so!!
Anil Rajani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 12:16   #109
BHPian

It does look good and has potential to start a new segment which the Winger and the Traveller failed to stabilize ie. the family tourer segment. With 7 seats and ample space and if one can fit in some good individual entertainment gizmos (may be tabs) one can really enjoy a family trip.
Old 27th July 2012, 20:04   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
It does look good and has potential to start a new segment which the Winger and the Traveller failed to stabilize ie. the family tourer segment. With 7 seats and ample space and if one can fit in some good individual entertainment gizmos (may be tabs) one can really enjoy a family trip.
Agreed. The Indian customer is maturing and so those looking at practicality and space might take a liking to the Evalia. Price does play a role though. It should undercut the Innova by a lakh at least. Base model of Innova retails for close to 11L OTR-Chennai (10.93 to be precise). So If the base model Evalia is around 9L OTR, then it will give Innova some tough time.
Old 27th July 2012, 22:47   #111
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pictures, Anil! Nice catch you've got there - it looks like Nissan have begun testing dealer accessories for the Evalia as well, like the secondary rear bumper and the luggage rack. It looks very spacious indeed - I guess it should have more space than the Innova, especially in the third row. Nissan must price it competitively (lower than the Innova) and offer more features if they want to grab a chunk of the lucrative MPV pie.

Edit: Any idea about the size of the wheels and tyres the test car was running?

Last edited by RSR : 27th July 2012 at 22:49.
Old 28th July 2012, 14:50   #112
Senior - BHPian

The Evalia should be a good vehicle. I think it will fond interest in the tourist sector eg the ones that have been going for the Innova and now will find the vehicle grossly overpriced after the Evalia sets in with more space, especially with the last row seat up and accommodating passengers.

I dont think looks will be an issue. That we have seen and learnt from the Qualis which was perhaps as ugly as they come and also with the advent of the Innova which people rubbished as a van. What people going in for a vehicle in this segment is comfort and space. I believe that the Evalia is a great vehicle to drive. A vehicle to survive in this segment must have the following advantages, viz; The turning radius should be small a la Qualis, this also helps a lot in U turns and parking, must have the driveability of a car, the engine should be powerful enough to carry a full load without feeling exhausted, should have comfortable seating and good luggage space, must have FE figures, in short should be economical to lug around.

Some clever gear ratios and a tweak in the turbo should do the trick. I wonder how much of a punch would the 1.5 diesel pack in when faced with a full load of passengers and their luggage.

Im waiting to see this eagerly as i am in the market for a peoples mover.

Clients: Large families, tourist trade, hotels etc.

Now hopefully Nissan will come out with a winner price and Toyota will have to think of getting in the Hiace. Then this section hots up.
V-16 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 12:48   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

Some clever gear ratios and a tweak in the turbo should do the trick. I wonder how much of a punch would the 1.5 diesel pack in when faced with a full load of passengers and their luggage.

Now hopefully Nissan will come out with a winner price and Toyota will have to think of getting in the Hiace. Then this section hots up.
If it can pack a punch in the Duster and the Fluence I am sure it will do well in Evalia also. fe of around 20, this is bound to be a hit.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th August 2012 at 21:27. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 23:40   #114
BHPian

I saw this Nissan Evalia being tested near Tambaram, Chennai. A short video

And the rear boxy view
Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-img_0084.jpg
Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-img_0085.jpg

The rear 3/4ths
Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-img_0086.jpg
These pictures explain that this is not the top end model (I am comparing to the black one spotted by member Anil Rajani). Side decals is a welcome addition to cover up the plain jane side views. Reverse sensors for this vehicle is a must and is also needed.
Please note the scorpio type taillights, I think so. Please correct me if this is wrong.
What surprised me is that 3rd row windows are fixed and the 2nd row windows had butterfly hinges, so it wont open more than two inches or so.
Windows look huge and seats are fabric draped with good contour.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th August 2012 at 21:28. Reason: Embedding video. Thanks.
narchennai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2012, 12:14   #115
BHPian

Nissan Evalia to be launched on 25th of September

Source:Nissan Evalia to be launched on 25th of September ~ Wheel-O-Mania
sarthakgupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2012, 13:00   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Nissan has recently entered into collaboration with Hover Automotive India. It is learnt that Hover will do all the marketing for Nissan India. So, the news of the day comes straight from Hover Automotive India which we thought would be the closest at this time to Nissan India and hence would let us know atleast few updates for Nissan India’s strategy.

Nissan is planning to launch a MUV for Indian market. The Multi utility vehicle market seems to be most heated up market at this time, since Maruti also have plans to launch RIII which will be a seven seater MUV for Indian market and is likely to compete with Mahindra Xylo and Toyota Innova. Meanwhile, Force Motors is also planning to launch a MUV based on Mercedes Viano.

The car will be produced at Nissan's Chennai plant, according to Dinesh Jain, CEO of Hover Automotive India. Hover will manage the sales, services, parts, marketing and dealer development functions for Nissan products in India. “NV 200 is an international product and is a preferred vehicle for the taxi segment and for business needs. In India, NV 200 will be positioned to appeal to both the taxi segment as well as business customers,“ he said. “However, it is difficult to tell the exact time when NV 200 will be launched.

The car will bow down in India on 25th September 2012. Stay tuned for more updates.
Is the wheel-o-mania report accurate. They seem to contradict their own statements.

Quote:
The Multi utility vehicle market seems to be most heated up market at this time, since Maruti also have plans to launch RIII which will be a seven seater MUV for Indian market and is likely to compete with Mahindra Xylo and Toyota Innova.
Somebody tell them that Maruti have already launched the Ertiga[RIII] !!!!

Quote:
“However, it is difficult to tell the exact time when NV 200 will be launched.

The car will bow down in India on 25th September 2012. Stay tuned for more updates.
When the CEO has not given an exact date how they conclude,the launch as 25th Sept 2012.
I'll be happy if it is launched on 25thSept, as one of my family members is looking for an MPV.

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 4th August 2012 at 13:12.
Old 5th August 2012, 09:50   #117
BHPian

Evalia review up on autocarindia

Quote:
.... Company sources indicate an Indian Driving Cycle-certified consumption figure of close to 20kpl! The Innova gives 13.7kpl for the same cycle. Another reason for Toyota to be worried....

...Despite its huge dimensions, the Evalia is easy to handle, which plays to its user-friendly character. The steering is pretty good actually – light at low speeds and weighting up in a linear fashion the faster you go. You always feel connected to the front wheels and this is extremely reassuring, especially since cross winds tend to rock this slab-sided van quite a bit. The Evalia is pretty decent around corners too.

...Where the Evalia and Innova are in the same race, is for space, and it’s in this crucial contest that the Evalia wins. Superior fuel efficiency and a very tempting price (estimated at Rs 10 lakh at launch) drive home the Evalia’s advantage further.
Expected launch date according to them is first week of september.

Source:Nissan Evalia review, test drive | Review | Autocar India
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2012, 18:10   #118
BHPian

Nissan dealer has confirmed this bit. The Evalia will be launched on 25th, on the 1st anniversary of the Sunny.
Old 5th August 2012, 20:07   #119
Senior - BHPian

The Evalia can easily take away a lot of sales from the Innova. Yes, the Evalia looks ungainly, but if it gives customers tons of space and better economy of running vs the Innova, all at a cheaper price, it will be bought in spades. Very interesting times ahead, the Innova might finally get a true-blue competitor.
Old 6th August 2012, 13:02   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
The Evalia can easily take away a lot of sales from the Innova. Yes, the Evalia looks ungainly, but if it gives customers tons of space and better economy of running vs the Innova, all at a cheaper price, it will be bought in spades. Very interesting times ahead, the Innova might finally get a true-blue competitor.

At least to me the Innova looks equally ungainly too and so does the baby Innova ie Ertiga and also the XYLO. This segment is not about looks alone it is more about space and comfort and just look at the FE of around 20 kmpl. With the right price ie 8-10 lakhs for diesel it can give both the XYLO and Ertiga also run for their money and for sure it can eat into the Innova sales.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks