Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 13:01   #121
BHPian

Re: Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)

Name:  008.JPG
Views: 5161
Size:  132.0 KB

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-009rs.jpg

found this near chennai airport,
fuhrer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 13:47   #122
Senior - BHPian

the only issue here is that Nissan and Renault have flogged the 1.5 ltr dci for more than what anyone could desire. Ideally you do not expect to see the same engine in a small car, full size car, SUV, budget car, 'the caaar', MUV mini van and across whatever segment it is that they enter. They need atleast a 2.0 ltr engine on some of the bigger platforms like SUV & MUV and also as an option on Fluence at the very least.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:11   #123
Senior - BHPian

From all indications the Evalia will be cheaper than the Innova. In Indonesia, the top-end XV MT Evalia (albeit petrol) is in rupees equivalent 10.22 lakhs. The Innova (top-end Diesel V MT) is Rs. 17 lakhs. Even if one considers a 1 lakh premium for diesel, the Evalia shouldn't cross 11.5 lakhs in India.

After all, it's a car that is closer to the Ertiga than the Innova. It is shorter by 185mm and 300 kg lighter, compared with the Innova. The Evalia runs on 14 inch wheels, unlike the Innova's and Ertiga's 15 inchers. Interestingly, while its 135mm longer than the Ertiga, it's the same width - 1,695mm.
Old 7th August 2012, 15:22   #124
BHPian

Saw the vehicle 2 days back near Porur (Chennai).

I was in my Logan and I could easily catch up, however the traffic came in between and the vehicle took a turn away from where I was going hence could not follow to take more snaps. Excuse the picture quality.

From the first look this does not come closer to being a Innova challenger. Unless Nissan does some killer pricing - even lower than Ertiga.

I somehow felt that the tyres are very small and GC is not great. Looks more like an over grown Omni, or a smaller version of Winger. Could be a decent city people mover. Does not look like a highway vehicle at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-e1.jpg  

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-e2.jpg  

Ajith-s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 16:06   #125
BHPian

I took pictures of Nissan Evalia testing on the NH4 Chennai Bangalore highway. Pardon the poor quality as it was taken with a 3.2 MP mobile camera while I was seated in a bus!

Thanks
Madhav
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-photo0096.jpg  

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-photo0097.jpg  

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-photo0098.jpg  

maddyoni10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 16:44   #126
Senior - BHPian

Link to BSM Report based on their drive of the same vehicle is as under-

New Nissan Evalia review

IMO, this will definitely sit under the Duster maintaining the brand hierarchy as set by Renault. But, isn't this unfortunate that a Nissan is placed lower to a lowly rebadged Dacia.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 19:44   #127
BHPian

Evalia Interior Pic

Source:Evalia Interior Image Leaked
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-evaliainteriors600x450.jpg  

sarthakgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 20:08   #128
BHPian

Thanks for the scoop! This will be a good product for Corporate Taxis/shuttles, not sure if the domestic market will be keen on getting this home.
Renault's 1.5 Ltr dCi engine may make business sense, but not sure how this will translate to highway rides.
I believe the same vehicle is being proposed for future London's taxis, as like it being used in NY Yellow cabs (please correct me if I'm wrong here).
Old 7th August 2012, 22:01   #129
BHPian

The interiors do look very utilitarian .
Though it wont be giving the Innova a run for its money but will it be able to give one to Ertiga and the Xylo ?

Disclaimer:- The following is entirely my view .

The Ertiga is a more family centered car and with its swift like dash board and compact dimensions , it attracts more of private car buyer .

The Xylo on the other hand is more of a Taxi oriented car and is doing rather well ..

So the question that I had in mind was where would the NV-200 fit ??
Wont the sliding doors and the Van like looks make it a deterrent for private car owners ??

And will it really be able to stack up against the likes of Xylo in the taxi segment ??
Old 7th August 2012, 23:03   #130
Senior - BHPian

Here's the First drive report of Nissan Evalia, From autocar India

Nissan Evalia review, test drive | Review | Autocar India

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 7th August 2012, 23:11   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
So the question that I had in mind was where would the NV-200 fit ?? And will it really be able to stack up against the likes of Xylo in the taxi segment ??
In my opinion Taxis. In fact in rural areas, The 5 seater taxis are disappearing fast as not many takers for this class. Most of the taxis are Taveras, Xylos and Innovas. NV200 will fit this category very well. But with small tyres, i am not sure how it performs on village roads. The platform's selection as future London and NY cabs proves its credentials as a taxi.
Old 7th August 2012, 23:16   #132
BHPian

What an ugly looking duckling! The back looks like a square box and the front like a Wagon R on steroids!

IMO, Innova and Ertiga are much better looking. And may be Eeco too in comparison to this. And the interiors, also look bland.

It would be interesting to see how its priced and pitched against the Toyotas and Marutis.
Old 7th August 2012, 23:59   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Well I personally don't like the design language at all. Also as someone else also mentioned this looks like a confused maruti Eeco sibling. From the pictures it doesn't really inspire the confidence inside me to take it on a highway as a cruiser, something which comes very naturally in the case of scorpio and Innova. I think this vehicle would be aimed more at the taxi market and for Intra-City travelling.
Old 8th August 2012, 07:56   #134
Senior - BHPian

This product will not be able to succeed on account of looks alone, for sure.

The pricing will have to be very aggressive to appeal to the people mover segment, if it has to figure in the sales chart the same way the Omni and EECO have done for Maruti.
Old 8th August 2012, 09:47   #135
AWD
BHPian

Sliding doors could have easily been done away with & the rear designed in a better way. If Im in a market for this vehicle, it has to really trump when it comes Comfort, ergonomics, ease of operation, safety & features kitty. If these are fulfilled, one may overlook the boxy proportions because insides is what one lives in most of the time.

There's no escaping the fact that this vehicle would not carry the taxi tag, its rather written all over it. To compensate this, if Nissan goes overboard with the pricing copying its sibling Renault & what it did with Duster, chances are that the product would fail from the word go.

Nissan needs to conceptualise Xylo, Bolero, Tavera & the likes while price tagging this one, then & only then can it take the fight to Ertigas doorsteps. All this while Innova should be no-where on its mind. Killer pricing & only killer pricing is what this products screams to have from the start.

Another aspect that comes to mind is that why should this be priced above Maruti Eeco, the laters also a van, a very reliable people carrier. Only significant thing Evalia has over it is a diesel engine, so take the premium for it, price it ~ a lakh more than Eeco & voila you have a good diesel people mover!

Last edited by AWD : 8th August 2012 at 09:51.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks