Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2009, 14:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Today saw in the papers a advt. for a new edition of Ritz called Aura (diesel model). Is this something new ? Though only a frontal view is there, seems some change in the hatch design !!

the add specifically says only in diesel, so even maruti and dealers says by their adds that diesel ritz isnt selling and so discounts given on them.
Ritz petrol are selling in good numbers for sure, mostly seen in my city are vxi and zxi, seems even swift zxi werent seen so many like ritz zxi.
Old 14th November 2009, 15:29   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Its VDi price is very close to the popular and racier looking Swift Vdi
2. Looks! Some of these new-age Japanese micro designs are difficult to stomach for the Indian buyers who traditionally prefers conventional looking cars.
Old 14th November 2009, 23:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

Does the VDi has ABS? I was at the dealer today but he mentioned that it doesnt have ABS.
Old 15th November 2009, 00:50   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Does the VDi has ABS? I was at the dealer today but he mentioned that it doesnt have ABS.
I think its an option like how its in the swift.
Old 15th November 2009, 02:00   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Unlike the title of the Thread says Ritz is selling in decent numbers. However the petrol variants are more popular than diesel ones.

Diesel variant of any car may take time to establish itself creating lag period in between being launched and being popular eg. Accent CRDi and Swift DDiS.
Old 15th November 2009, 02:17   #96
H2O
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Nope, sorry, but it's still got a forward slope, however slight. Maybe we should start a new thread on this...
I guess Renault Modus looks quite similar to Ritz.
Attached Thumbnails
Why is Ritz DDIS not a hot selling car?-renault_modus_1.jpg  

Why is Ritz DDIS not a hot selling car?-renault_modus_2.jpg  

Why is Ritz DDIS not a hot selling car?-renault_modus_3.jpg  

Old 17th November 2009, 11:14   #97
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep the Renault modus looks quite like the ritz - The ritz rear looks better - kind of CRV like.
Old 19th November 2009, 06:59   #98
BHPian

Unlike the thread title, I see more number of Ritz in & around Chennai. In fact, the sales figures also support that Ritz is *hot* selling.

My friend and I have decided on Ritz Zxi and just looking for a good dealer with better bargain

Perhaps, we could add the word ‘Diesel’ to title, as originally meant by the thread starter.
Old 19th November 2009, 09:10   #99
BHPian

@Paradox
Yes I agree with you that the *HOT* selling Ritz is the Petrol one and not the diesel - hence the discounts. For Petrol engine : when compared with Swift, Ritz has a "New-Gen" engine hence more no of people are inclined towards Ritz. The real test will begin when Swift with the same Petrol engine is launched .
While in diesel engine : the price difference between the two(Swift and Ritz) if mearge and Swift having sportier style wins the race.
Old 19th November 2009, 11:00   #100
BHPian

I dont agree that Ritz Petrol is hot selling, selling decent numbers. Last month Ritz sold 4800 cars.. assume 1000-1200 are Diesel then 3500+ pertol ones. I bought one in Sep'09 and that time there is atlest 2-3 weeks waiting period, now the car is readily available and advts coming in paper that Vxi with ABS is readily available with lower interest rates for loan goers.
Old 19th November 2009, 11:14   #101
Senior - BHPian

Actually the Ritz looks much better is flesh than in the pictures, especially in darker shades. But since the Swift is such a looker, people prefer to go for the Swift (diesel) as there is hardly any difference between the prices of the two. Coming to the petrol version, as the K12 is an advanced motor with better mileage figures, people tend to prefer the Ritz over the Swift. Probably Maruti needs to differentiate between the two by pushing down Ritz prices, now that the new engine for the Swift is just round the corner.
Old 19th November 2009, 12:43   #102
Senior - BHPian

Swift has amazing looks, road presence and great handling. Its low slung body is ideal for long highway drives. Most diesel car buyers appreciate these factors, hence Swift diesel is the obvious choice.

Ritz has a higher seating position and better driveability in the city. It is a typical city car. Petrol engine is the obvious choice for such a vehicle.

In my humble opinion, Ritz should have never been launched in the diesel variant when the already successful Swift diesel is doing quite well.

The USP of Ritz is its K-series petrol engine, it would be interesting to see how it does once the Swift gets a petrol engine upgrade.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 19th November 2009, 19:51   #103
BHPian

can anybody corroborate my observation that when driven at ~100 kmph the Ritz has a whistling/whooshing sound coming inside the cabin from the rear end. It was heard and confirmed by the showroomguy who was sitting next to me during the TD and said it is heard in all Ritzs.
(like air rushing at high speed)
Old 19th November 2009, 23:50   #104
BHPian

Frankly i dont like the looks of Ritz.

Moreover ride is bit bumpy.
Old 20th November 2009, 09:17   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Frankly i dont like the looks of Ritz.
Styling is one's perception. There are many people who loved the looks of swift and when Ritz was launched said " what on the earth were Suzuki guys thinking when they styled such a vehicle!!
Even i didn't like it esp. the rear portion .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks