Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 09:23   #46
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Not only are the addtions given to the car under the Limited variant not exciting, they should learn from TATA how a limited edition model should differ from the normal one.

Also the name Aura is clearly a rip off from TATA Vista Aura, it is absurd to name your special limited edtion car the same as the standard top model car variant of a car competing in the same segment.
Old 4th November 2009, 12:22   #47
BHPian

i am a proud owner of Ritz vdi and i completely agree to the fact that ritz is very comfortable to drive.my parents have a santro and i also have a verna vgt.my mother never touched the verna as it is low slung and large car.But Ritz was immediately accepted by both father n mother as a comfortable to drive and ease of entry exit+very very economical(more than the santro).Ritz is just like fill it forget it.
Old 4th November 2009, 13:31   #48
BHPian

Every Ritz that I see on the road, makes me want to bang my head. Sitting inside a Ritz is equivalent to dressing up in a Yellow Shirt, Orange pants and Green shoes. Looks can be deceptive, yes. But ugly is ugly, no matter what.
Old 4th November 2009, 13:46   #49
BHPian

Even Petrol Ritz may face same fate after new swift comes out with 1.2 K series engine.

Last edited by Dippy : 5th November 2009 at 09:33. Reason: Correcting spelling
Old 4th November 2009, 15:05   #50
BHPian

Maruti paying tribute to Tata - Now that's a first! Funny they couldn't come up with a different name. Exactly what are they Celebrating? Having to launch a limited edition so soon is no cause for celebration.
Old 4th November 2009, 16:36   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
Every Ritz that I see on the road, makes me want to bang my head. Sitting inside a Ritz is equivalent to dressing up in a Yellow Shirt, Orange pants and Green shoes. Looks can be deceptive, yes. But ugly is ugly, no matter what.
What might be ugly to you might actually be attractive to someone else. "Deceptive" is not the right word, "Subjective" is.
Old 4th November 2009, 17:05   #52
BHPian

@DCEite: Looks are subjective holds true, I concede. However, there is definite window within which that phrase works.
There is something wrong with someone, at least a car enthusiast, who finds a DB9 ugly and a Ritz beautiful.
Old 4th November 2009, 17:10   #53
BHPian

Why is everyone seeing it as ritz petrol vs ritz diesel. I see it as Swift vs Ritz.

petrol vs diesel is "mostly" decided based on mileage (total KM run) and before deciding a model.

On deciding petrol and visiting a showroom, people see that Ritz is much more fuel efficient as well as 20k cheaper than Swift. So Ritz petrol.

On deciding on diesel and visiting maruti showroom, people see that Ritz and Swift cost same, give same FE whereas Swift looks much better than Ritz. So swift diesel sells over Ritz diesel.

On major flaw in this logic can be swift D's waiting period and discounts on Ritz D.

I dont know how long Swift waiting period now a days but people seem to wait. one of our relatives didn't like ritz shape and was ready to wait for swift.
Old 4th November 2009, 17:30   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Are you sure? The ex-showroom for Zxi is at 4.80 and Vdi ABS is at 5.16 in bangalore. Thats about 36k diff.
yeah its actually around ~47k based on On Road prices 5,67,487 On road ZXI 6,14,403 on road vdi+ABS.

Buyers will save save some 20k average at current fuel rates for 15k kms running based on 15kmpl and 18kmpl for P & D per annum. With bare min. upgrades of music system, better tyres, autocop etc it takes around 4-5 yrs for the price to match up.

On the other perspective I do agree nothing can beat the pleasure of seeing a full tank under 1800/- and see it drive over 700kms it can really psych up everyday and add to it the turbo boost its pure nirvana.

Ritz Diesel is for those nirvana seeks and not for ppl like me who do more research punching numbers in cacli than get out and drive.
Old 4th November 2009, 18:19   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
What i would like to know is if the full name Tata Indica Vista Aura is patented or just Tata Indica Vista and Aura is treated as a variant which is not patented?
^^ No replies!
Really curious to know. Anyone?
Old 4th November 2009, 18:28   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
^^ No replies!
Really curious to know. Anyone?
I think,they can't be sued since they didn't name the Ritz as Vista but they have used the variant.As per Sid scoop Figo as Ambient variant and even Skoda Fabia as same Ambient variant.So using the car name registered is illegal not the variants name.It might be that Aura was not registered by TATA
Old 4th November 2009, 18:40   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
The pricing on the Zxi makes it a no-brainer choice.
When I last checked, I was getting 14 km/litre with AC on most of the time.
+1 to that.

In city driving mileage with AC always on is 13+

MSIL should be for the Ritz Aura limited edition.

Nikhil
Old 5th November 2009, 13:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

maruti is offering some 30K discounts on ritz, as per their add on TOI, and when a friend was looking to buy a diesel hatchabck, we went to checkout both swift and ritz, swift still has some 20days waiting for white and silver where as ritz D is available right way within 1-2 days.We even checked their stockyard and found some 30-40 ritz D were lying mud gutted.So seems ritz diesel isnt selling like swift, where ritz petrol had some waitlist of few days.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:35   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
@DCEite: Looks are subjective holds true, I concede. However, there is definite window within which that phrase works.
There is something wrong with someone, at least a car enthusiast, who finds a DB9 ugly and a Ritz beautiful.
Something is wrong if your buying decision is between DB9 and Ritz and choose Ritz ONLY because you find "DB9 ugly and a Ritz beautiful".

IMO Ritz styling is too unconventional. Ugly or not is subjective.

Disclaimer- I have bought a Ritz as I find it's looks refreshing. Not everyone in my family liked the design at first but the styling has grown on them.
Old 5th November 2009, 17:34   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
..... add to it the turbo boost its pure nirvana. Ritz Diesel is for those nirvana seeks
I tend to disagree. When I test-drove the Ritz-D, I found the turbo boost much more muted in comparison to the swift. Also, the noise that it makes past the 3-3.5 k mark is pretty high. For me, the flexibility of the K12 makes it a winner, it has a very balanced power delivery from 1500 to redline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks