Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 01:45   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainogkok View Post

more 15 picture from Hungary's factory both interior and exterior
Suzuki Preview 2011 Suzuki Swift
From the second picture, I see that the front door handle looks a bit different. Am I the only one seeing it or is there anything new with the door handle design?
Old 13th June 2010, 02:22   #287
Senior - BHPian

I had initially mentioned that the car doesn't look as good as the current version, but I seem to have jumped the gun. Most of the pictures released later on, are quite nice.

Would still say that the Polo and Punto have a more timeless appeal, and better proportions.
Old 13th June 2010, 13:48   #288
Team-BHP Support

^^When can we expect it to land?
This year? next month? same engine?
any one got any news???
Old 14th June 2010, 10:30   #289
BHPian

We were planning for a Swift with 1.2 within 7 -8 months time but, now that new swift has been launched its definitely on cards for us and i am sure its worthwhile to wait for new swift even if it takes a bit longer to launch in India
Old 14th June 2010, 11:03   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
We were planning for a Swift with 1.2 within 7 -8 months time but, now that new swift has been launched its definitely on cards for us and i am sure its worthwhile to wait for new swift even if it takes a bit longer to launch in India

Interesting, I want to understand the thought process behind this. As in, why decide on the Swift (with 7-8 months still to go) or why does it have aspirational value?

I believe this might lead us to the Why Maruti question again, but humour me.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:11   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Get ready for minimum 3-4 months waiting period for this one (that too from launch).
Old 14th June 2010, 11:24   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) The international 1.2 K series engine is called K12B. K12B is 1242cc. Earlier K12M produced 87-89 bhp in International markets, and had singe VVT. This time hopefully K12B has dual VVT and as Suzuki claims, K12B with Dual vvti produces around 93.15 bhp. That is 75 bhp/ltr.

4) Interiors is a good improvement. But the boot is still not the best. IMO, the Wagon R that was sold in India with F10D has the best combination of rear seat space and boot.

7) Suzuki claims that this Swift is lighter which means better performance, but at the same time I expect this Swift to get 5/5 rating at EuroNCAP.
Hi aaggoswami

I know about the international engine size of the K12B motor. But, that issue that is confusing is the fact that MSN UK has quoted the engine as 1.3L engine (somehow international standard of quoting engines is weird as Fiat's 1.25L diesel is quoted as 1.3L, i.e. rounding off of engine is size is done to the next hundred unit). This is why I am excited about the current 1.2L motor producing more than 90 bhp.

Regarding the boot size, Swift's boot size is rated over 230 ltrs (refer smartcat's small cars comparo), which is at par with Vista & Xing. The high loading area of the boot is a concern, otherwise I feel the boot is enough for small families.
The rear seating comfort will be higher due to increase in wheelbase by 50mm & length by 80mm IMO.
my Xing's boot swallows enough loads to enable a family of 6 (including 3 ladies' luggage) to attend couple of close relatives marriage 200 kms away from Delhi. Though the passengers travelled in the car were then restricted to 4, & others had to manage by train.

With more power on tap, combined with longer (& marginally wider) wheelbase, yes we can expect the Swift to be be a better car than what it is now. But, 5/5 ratings will be only for the Euro model, & the Indian line-up will be cost, rather than safety or performance driven.

Still, I say, the new Swift will be better (it is like ironing a cotton shirt, the better you do, still leaves room for few wrinkles to creep up), few may still have complaints (including my brother), but no doubt they will be convinced... sooner or later.

... & these are words from a Maruti non-lover & (I am not neutral even).

Last edited by CARDEEP : 14th June 2010 at 11:25.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:45   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Interesting, I want to understand the thought process behind this. As in, why decide on the Swift (with 7-8 months still to go) or why does it have aspirational value?

I believe this might lead us to the Why Maruti question again, but humour me.
My father will be driving Swift and his trust is in Maruti because of A.S.S. we had planned it in the month of June it self, but to my lucky fortune my marriage got fixed and I am tying knot in July 2010 therefore all the funds are being diverted towards expenses of my marriage.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:54   #294
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully, this one will come with a ZDi trim. Also, I think the price bump will be significant, perhaps in the range of 80k-1L rupees over the current version.

What will happen to the Dzire ?
Old 14th June 2010, 13:30   #295
BANNED

One of the Maruti officials had said earlier that they are going to completely overhaul one of their top selling car in 2011. Definitely it will be Swift. (I hope, they do that with its 'tailed' version DZire also. )

But if the price rise is in the range of 80K - 1L, its sales will definitely take a hit. But Maruti may do that, and expect Ritz to take over the lower end sales.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 14th June 2010 at 13:32.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:37   #296
BHPian

I hope we get the same interiors as shown in the pictures here and there is a ZDI variant on offer too.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:40   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

But if the price rise is in the range of 80K - 1L, its sales will definitely take a hit. But Maruti may do that, and expect Ritz to take over the lower end sales.

Yeah but Maruti can always pass on the small car tax exemption benefit to customers of the new swift (which they are currently not doing). That will surely help. Also, I doubt if the new car will be priced so much more than the existing model. Maruti won't ever want to spoil its party, especially when just about every manufacturer from Toyota to Nissan and Honda are bringing new cars in that segment.

And after looking at the pics of new swift I doubt they'll keep producing the current generation car (Like as many as 3 generations of ALTO are sold simultaneously) and position the new swift a segment higher against, say the i20/Jazz.

As always, when it comse to hatchbacks pricing will be the key point. No matter how contemporary the Swift looks.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 14th June 2010 at 13:41.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:24   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
One of the Maruti officials had said earlier that they are going to completely overhaul one of their top selling car in 2011. Definitely it will be Swift. (I hope, they do that with its 'tailed' version DZire also. )

I really hope Maruti completely replaces the Swift,and not sell the two generations side by side.The Ritz seems to be doing quite well,and will then completely fill the shoes of the Swift.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:34   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
Well Sam, I think you should wait. Your wait may be longer as the bookings will be in large volumes when the news breaks! But, if I were you, i would rather wait for 4 months and pick the new model.
Agreed. But I have booked a diesel swift. In the news I read even in that place the new model swift diesel will be available only from 2011. So India it should take much longer. Anyways my loan is through, Im going ahead since I need one urgently and sold my old esteem too.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:06   #300
Senior - BHPian

good move as swift is around quite long time now and upgrade was due, and with better interiors and rear space would put cherry on its sales with more waitlist.Hope to see this model here soon.
Loved the metalic steel grey colour.

hope to see this one available here as well along with its zdi model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks