Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 18:57   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That's binary. They've only made 255 of them!
Cool!

Well, the Polo looks pretty good. It comes second in my ranking of the best looking hatchback on Indian roads list, here are my top 5:
  1. Punto
  2. Polo
  3. Figo(loses out to the Polo purely because of the tail-lamp cluster, but close)
  4. i20
  5. Beat
The pricing for the Polo should be exciting as well, here's to the Indian Hatchback war of 2010.

Last edited by Amartya : 4th February 2010 at 18:59.
Old 4th February 2010, 19:28   #272
BHPian

currently my favorate cars are!

1) chevy beat - love the cool looks, climate control and price.

2)maruti ritz -- i am one of those who actually love the looks of ritz... and that tacho pod makes my heart go vroom vroom..

3) fiat punto -- a mature grown up proper European hatch. something you can take on the highway and push it hard. without worrying!

4) vw polo -- i forgot about the golf after watching this new version. people seem to be complaining about lack of equipment.well you don't complain about honda jazz.so why such bias towards VW.?? i can't get it! and i am damn sure they are going to keep the prices amazingly cheap

5)i20 -- now its too damn common. its taking over the swift!!! i think.hyundai have done it!

6) vista-- its from tata. i don't mind that but i hate that damn speedo in the middle. yes i reject the car for this one reason only!!! :(

i just can't wait for the new AVEO hatchback!! its gonna be rocking!! it has digital speedo and analogue tacho opposite of the beat! wow. it will be only vehicle after civic to have it!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Caramelo : 4th February 2010 at 19:45. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 5th February 2010, 00:54   #273
Senior - BHPian

I can't wait for the Polo to get to the showrooms and i was disappointed when i was told that i had to wait till March!.
Old 5th February 2010, 09:39   #274
Senior - BHPian

German President in the factory ! Haven't heard about a stunt like this before.

Is that car for sale or it goes to a museum?
Old 5th February 2010, 12:17   #275
BHPian

It has been all most two months since the production started.Does anybody have any idea on how many polo would be produced till now in pune?
Old 5th February 2010, 12:28   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Nice! It's amazing to see that VW chose India to be the country where the 11,111,111th Polo would be produced. That shows how serious the German manufacturer is for their India plans.
Read in ET today that VW is gonna make the Pune plant an export hub. And that Polo will be launched here by month end.
Any news on the exact date of launch?
I am not actually surprised. In a relatively new market where brand image is yet to get established what better way is there than this to show the public that they are already a established player globally and that they have already produced over 1 Crore Polo's.

VW's marketing is doing a great job. The TOI ad campaign caught everyone by surprise and now this stunt.
Old 5th February 2010, 12:59   #277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
German President in the factory ! Haven't heard about a stunt like this before.
Korean president had visited the Hyundai factory, a day or two before Republic day celebrations!
Quote:

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th February 2010 at 13:07.
Old 5th February 2010, 13:59   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome quip.
By the way took me a while to read the number rather say it in words. I think it translates to eleven million one hundred and eleven thousand one hundred and eleven.
IN the Indian sense it would be 1,11,11,111 would be 1 crore 11 lakhs 11 thousand and eleven. Phew...thats quite a number.

The folks at the VW Pune plant must be proud to have created this Polo car.
So is this particular Polo in "red" going to be sold in India or is it for the export market ?
Old 5th February 2010, 14:06   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
IN the Indian sense it would be 1,11,11,111 would be 1 crore 11 lakhs 11 thousand one hundred and eleven. Phew...thats quite a number.
Fixed that for you.

Can't wait for the Polo, myself. But I have to, the 1.6 is going to be coming out later than the other models, and the 1.6 is the one I want.
Old 5th February 2010, 14:24   #280
BHPian

What a shame VW??? so far produced such a 1,11,11,111 Polos around the world(including India) and not a single 1 to test drive for our members yet!!
Old 5th February 2010, 14:40   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
What a shame VW??? so far produced such a 1,11,11,111 Polos around the world(including India) and not a single 1 to test drive for our members yet!!
I believe its not a shame for VW, its their success as everyone is confused on how the car will be and everyone are so curious to test drive it, many people who wants to buy a small car are waiting Polo to get repleased may be not to buy it but atleast to test drive it as they should not miss even a single small car in its segment
Old 5th February 2010, 15:16   #282
BHPian

Bookings to commence in 2 weeks

Just paid my visit to the VW showroom. Bookings for the Polo to start in a couple weeks. I intend to book the highline 1.2 TDi if the car lives up to the hype.

Memories of my last minute rejection of the Skoda Fabia are coming back. I said no immediately upon test drive, despite paying a deposit on the car because it had a lousy engine, terrible NVH and average interior space.

Am I being naive in expecting a better car from the same parent company?
Old 5th February 2010, 15:46   #283
BHPian

1.2 L 3 cylds? Ok, thats 1 less than industry average. Any significant advantage they gain in doing so? Apart from fuel efficiency. Polo come in a variety of engines. Perhaps they may want to bring in the 1.4?
Old 5th February 2010, 18:56   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Memories of my last minute rejection of the Skoda Fabia are coming back. I said no immediately upon test drive, despite paying a deposit on the car because it had a lousy engine, terrible NVH and average interior space.

Am I being naive in expecting a better car from the same parent company?
Did you take the test drive for POLO? how is the motor? and the vehicle?. i am sure you are saying Fabia engine to be lousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
1.2 L 3 cylds? Ok, thats 1 less than industry average. Any significant advantage they gain in doing so? Apart from fuel efficiency. Polo come in a variety of engines. Perhaps they may want to bring in the 1.4?
we just need the power, smoothness and the performance of the engine, if 1.2l 3 cyc can deliver the same as 1.2L 4 cyc then? and i am sure VW would give a better interior or rather a decent interior with a good plastics though the features will be less
Old 5th February 2010, 21:29   #285
BHPian

NOT IN INDIA

Polo also equipped with 1.2 TSI 105 BHP 17Inch 6Speed gear box(option 7 speed DSG). If we could get that engine, nothing like that. But this engine has only mid range power.

Than VW has developed Twincharged 1.4 TSI engine. Supercharger is used for initial-lower speed range and Turbochanger will come into life at higher engine rpm.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks