Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 23:31   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
I doubt this is the reporters version of the statement. Anybody who works in TM, knows what is happening with the vehicle, so it is really hard to believe this report.
From the link I posted:

“We will be launching one of the three variants in the market in the next three months time,” said SG Saksena, head product group utility vehicles, passenger car business unit, Tata Motors Ltd.

It comes from SG Saksena, head product group utility vehicles, passenger car business unit, Tata Motors Ltd.

When I first read your post, I was lost for words. I was like"How can he say it is reporters version". Anyhow I don't want to argue with you on what you believe and don't believe. I consider your post as strange. I have read numerous times about the launch in first quater initially and then moved to second quarter later. Not reporter versions but from company officials.
Old 8th June 2010, 00:30   #632
BHPian

@airbender

I too will never believe what reporters write. They are here to get news pieces which sell. They often twist words out of their context. I have personally witnessed this numerous times in 'meet the press' functions and even interfered once due to ridiculous attitude of reporters. I know all this will sound unbelievable, but I can assure you, its true. Indian media is becoming notorious day by day.

In short words, reporters are not innocent saints. We are assuming that reporters often report word by word! It seldom happens unless its a verbatim interview.

But your link posted here might be true. I do not know about its authenticity.
Old 8th June 2010, 03:57   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
I doubt this is the reporters version of the statement. Anybody who works in TM, knows what is happening with the vehicle, so it is really hard to believe this report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
It hasbeen confirmed by TATA's higher authorities(launch not price), Yesterday only a person(did'nt remember designation) who was on a reputable post said in a press conference where i was present and i can post the proof too that Venture and Aria are this year end launches.(as said in press conference by a Tata official)

If people here want i can post proof i.e the whole column of 'Dainik Bhaskar'. Now, Do you trust the worthy 'Dainik Bhaskar' printing such rumours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
@airbender

I too will never believe what reporters write. They are here to get news pieces which sell. They often twist words out of their context. I have personally witnessed this numerous times in 'meet the press' functions and even interfered once due to ridiculous attitude of reporters. I know all this will sound unbelievable, but I can assure you, its true. Indian media is becoming notorious day by day.

In short words, reporters are not innocent saints. We are assuming that reporters often report word by word! It seldom happens unless its a verbatim interview.

But your link posted here might be true. I do not know about its authenticity.
Here is a link from TML Media centre which says the Aria launch is on the 2nd quarter of 2010 - Tata Motors - Media Centre

Not to say that TATA always adhere to their launch schedules, but they never publish schedule changes also

Now I am not sure if the second quarter is that of the calendar year or financial year. But looking at the delays, I won't be surprised if Aria Launch is scheduled for a Diwali Launch.

Last edited by gshanky : 8th June 2010 at 03:59. Reason: typo
Old 8th June 2010, 10:20   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
It hasbeen confirmed by TATA's higher authorities(launch not price), Yesterday only a person(did'nt remember designation) who was on a reputable post said in a press conference where i was present and i can post the proof too that Venture and Aria are this year end launches.(as said in press conference by a Tata official)

If people here want i can post proof i.e the whole column of 'Dainik Bhaskar'. Now, Do you trust the worthy 'Dainik Bhaskar' printing such rumours.
This could be correct. I was talking about the news at the autoshow. Now the plans are finalyzed, and an official announcement regarding lanch can be expected any time.
Old 8th June 2010, 19:18   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Here is a link from TML Media centre which says the Aria launch is on the 2nd quarter of 2010 - Tata Motors - Media Centre

Not to say that TATA always adhere to their launch schedules, but they never publish schedule changes also

Now I am not sure if the second quarter is that of the calendar year or financial year. But looking at the delays, I won't be surprised if Aria Launch is scheduled for a Diwali Launch.
Thanks for the link. Atleast now it cannot be written off as reporter's version.

@Trapezio: I agree with every word you have said about indian media. But the above link coincides with the one I provided.
Old 8th June 2010, 23:29   #636
BHPian

My friend is a Manager in Tata Motors passenger car unit and he confirmed that Tata Aria is due for launch by June 2010 end. I also went to the plant to attend an interview and I came across various test models of Tata Aria inside the plant.
Old 9th June 2010, 03:23   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narchennai View Post
My friend is a Manager in Tata Motors passenger car unit and he confirmed that Tata Aria is due for launch by June 2010 end. I also went to the plant to attend an interview and I came across various test models of Tata Aria inside the plant.
Don't tell me you did not take any pictures

Could you elaborate on the no. of ARIA variants that you saw and/or come to know would be launched by June 2010 end as stated?
Old 9th June 2010, 11:40   #638
BHPian

Yesterday morning when I was doing my morning jogging, I saw red coloured Tata Aria driven by two middle aged men. The car was not disgused at all. I followed it up for some time. Couldn't see thru the interiors.

Few observations -
Its quite big.
Engine is quite noisy, does not sound a refined one.
Looks ok (IMHO)
Old 9th June 2010, 11:49   #639
Senior - BHPian

With the number of test Aria's i see everyday around Pimpri in Pune, i dont get excited any more...! Every other day i'm seeing an Aria (can't click pics as i'm on a bike riding to or from work when i pass these Aria's). The other day i saw one that looked like it had really been abused, with the bumper mouldings almost falling off, scratched everywhere,etc

PS: My 100th Post.. YAY..!
Old 9th June 2010, 15:33   #640
Senior - BHPian

TATA Aria will be launced this month, Q2 fiscal year as per their official release, they always stick to it.
Old 9th June 2010, 15:41   #641
BHPian

Saw 3 of these parked in front a restaurant in Hubli on my way to Mumbai last week.

-- Torqy
Old 9th June 2010, 15:48   #642
A.R
BHPian

This is one vehicle launch I'm eagerly awaiting. I have deferred my car purchase for quite some time now, just for this!
Old 9th June 2010, 16:05   #643
BHPian

Sighted Aria at Aundh, Pune opp Croma. Very frankly I did not find it very exciting. The rear is extremely bland and the christmas tree lights are pretty boring. I seriously hope Tata's give up their fetish for this. Car is pretty big though and interiors looked better as compared to Tata cars.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:44   #644
Senior - BHPian

Does that mean our very own test-drive team have heard from Tata Motors about a road-test ?
Old 9th June 2010, 23:11   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Yesterday morning when I was doing my morning jogging, I saw red coloured Tata Aria driven by two middle aged men......
That could be Tata Motors' GM, he stays there.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks