Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 11:55   #841
BHPian

seeing these cars being tested frequently in and around Pune. Most of these look production ready. Have to say its an impressive product. Has a nice family vehicle look and not typical transport vehicle look. Now if only Tata can launch it soon. Or is Tata waiting for Diwali??
Old 7th July 2010, 12:36   #842
BANNED

Yes, the car looked nice from outside but I could not get the view on interior parts and dint get a chance to talk to them about the car.

But this thing had a good road presence and had nice big wheel.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:09   #843
BHPian

Something that just came to my mind, well if the launch date of the Aria is so near, why are they still testing?? Testing should have been completed by now if the car is to be launched within the next 30 days as predicted.

May be its part of TATA's continuous improvement program??
Old 7th July 2010, 13:43   #844
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

coldice - correctly pointed out. There were reports of 50 per day production starting in the 3rd week of June and yet we see these cars getting tested further. Maybe the reports were incorrect, as we have also seen reports of a Diwali release, or maybe this is actually a part of the marketing campaign to let people actually see the car on the road before lauch and report it?

Or maybe they are testing the final production lot.

Actually TATA has been quite tight lipped about the lauch dates this time round, and there seem to be no leaked brocures, variant pricings etc.

Makes one wonder on the dates, hope they are close though.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:52   #845
Senior - BHPian

Those alloys look beautiful in backdrop of Rohtang pass. By the way is there any price range speculation or news of Aria anywhere?

Aria is very tempting by its design and looks. When Tata will be going to launch?
Old 7th July 2010, 17:19   #846
Senior - BHPian

I saw one maroon colored Aria in Kothrud Pune last week. Couldn't take any snap as i was not having it. It Looks a complete ready vehicle & not like test vehicle.

Looks really nice & big. Little bigger than Innova.
Old 7th July 2010, 17:23   #847
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Looks really nice & big. Little bigger than Innova.
yes it looked bigger and bolder than innova and it had bigger wheels than innova
Old 8th July 2010, 09:03   #848
BHPian

Saw one today morning. Light blue colour near Aundh Octroi naka. It definately looks bigger, bolder and better than the Innova.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:47   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Saw one today morning. Light blue colour near Aundh Octroi naka. It definately looks bigger, bolder and better than the Innova.
While it is indeed heartening to see that people agree that this looks better than the Innova, the fly (rather flies) in the ointment are that the Innova isn't a great looking car and secondly, the Aria most probably will be priced much higher than it (although, I'd be happy to see otherwise).
Old 8th July 2010, 11:25   #850
A.R
BHPian

ARAI actually cools big and cool!!! I hope it gets launched soon. I'm holding money for this one against a Safari purchase, for some time now.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:11   #851
BHPian

My Question is if they are testing so many Arias extensively, were would these Vehicles end up ?
  1. For Dealers as Demo Vehicles
  2. To any Customer after rebuffing
  3. Or Remain as test Vehicles only

Anybody has second thoughts on this please do give your opinion about the same
Old 8th July 2010, 15:00   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
My Question is if they are testing so many Arias extensively, were would these Vehicles end up ?
  1. For Dealers as Demo Vehicles
  2. To any Customer after rebuffing
  3. Or Remain as test Vehicles only

Anybody has second thoughts on this please do give your opinion about the same
These cars could end up as/at :
  1. Training Vehicles - Some of these vehicles are 'bisected' for training purposes. They are then used at various training centers.
  2. Rally / Customer Awareness Vehicles - Some of these are used in the initial launch periods to generate customer awareness across country.
  3. Review Vehicles - The *good* ones from the lot are provided to Auto magazines for reviews.
  4. Reseller Market - All manufacturers are known to sell test vehicles to reseller market in their immediate localities with massive discounts. Infact, prototypes from all fields (automobiles, electronics) are known to have been spotted in reseller markets across the globe.
  5. Demo Vehicles - Some vehicles do get billed to dealers for demo purposes. But, these vehicles usually do not have heavy testing done on them.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:11   #853
Senior - BHPian

I havent seen a Tata vehicle being tested so thoroughly. I am sure this would be one of the most reliable and best built car from Tata Motors.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:13   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
These cars could end up as/at :
  1. Training Vehicles - Some of these vehicles are 'bisected' for training purposes. They are then used at various training centers.
  2. Rally / Customer Awareness Vehicles - Some of these are used in the initial launch periods to generate customer awareness across country.
  3. Review Vehicles - The *good* ones from the lot are provided to Auto magazines for reviews.
  4. Reseller Market - All manufacturers are known to sell test vehicles to reseller market in their immediate localities with massive discounts. Infact, prototypes from all fields (automobiles, electronics) are known to have been spotted in reseller markets across the globe.
  5. Demo Vehicles - Some vehicles do get billed to dealers for demo purposes. But, these vehicles usually do not have heavy testing done on them.
+

6. Some vehicles to stay with their R&D to test and future upgrade/enhancement.

7. Sell to employees at discounted price (not sure)

8. Give it free of cost/disc price to their 'loyal' customers (depends) who will use the vehicle to the extreme and give proper feedback to their R&D/Marketing which will help them in their prod improvement projects.

Last edited by Latheesh : 8th July 2010 at 16:15.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:16   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
8. Give it free of cost to their 'loyal' customers (depends) who will use the vehicle and give proper feedback to their R&D/Marketing
And how does one prove this loyalty and get a vehicle free of cost , One should not count teeth of gift horse , I promise I will not post any negatives if they give it free

Last edited by tsk1979 : 9th July 2010 at 10:07. Reason: extra smiley
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks