Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 11:28   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
You mean the Fiat Punto MJD VGT? This is really good news. Many dealers in Bangalore have confirmed that Punto S launch is next month.
17th June 2010 - to be a little more precise
Old 10th May 2010, 11:46   #257
Team-BHP Support

I wonder if the arrival of Punto VGT will release a few 75 BHP Punto 1.3 MJDs into the second hand market.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:47   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
17th June 2010 - to be a little more precise
Wow! thats called a concrete news! btw will T-jet is also going to be launched in june or it will be launched after the Punto S?
Old 10th May 2010, 11:49   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I wonder if the arrival of Punto VGT will release a few 75 BHP Punto 1.3 MJDs into the second hand market.
there are 2-3 available in the used car market already in Bangalore, check car wale.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:09   #260
BHPian

All enthusiasts for the Absolute variant (with Dualogic AT) of Fiat Linea, be wary that Linea presently sells the Absolute Dualogic with the 1.9L engine and not with the 1.4L T-Jet.
Check the Linea Brasil Website:Fiat - Movidos pela paixão
Click on "Compare as versões": You will see a comparison of models. In the table that opens up, search for "Câmbio Dualogic Automático". You will see that only the 1.9L variants are given Dualogic gearbox and not even for the 1.4L Tjet (150bhp there).

What this means is possibly, we need to wait another year!
Old 10th May 2010, 16:46   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
T-jet is also going to be launched in june or it will be launched after the Punto S?
After the Punto Sports is launched
Old 10th May 2010, 16:48   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Spotted the Fiat 1.3 MJD VGT (90 bhp) version undergoing testing along with the 1.4Tjet Linea's. Woohoo. Seems like some good launches are underway. No pics this time.
Was it stickered like at the expo?

I hope they offer it the regular colours and without the decals!
Old 10th May 2010, 18:00   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
After the Punto Sports is launched
Is this from a reliable source? If yes, do you know how long after the Punto S is launched will the T-Jet be launched?
Old 10th May 2010, 20:16   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Spotted the Fiat 1.3 MJD VGT (90 bhp) version undergoing testing along with the 1.4Tjet Linea's. Woohoo. Seems like some good launches are underway. No pics this time.
wonderful news dude. Again how was it driving? felt any thing good in terms of pick up?

A good pricing is key now for sucess of Punto-S! Fingers crossed for June 17th and GTOs report
Old 10th May 2010, 22:14   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
wonderful news dude. Again how was it driving? felt any thing good in terms of pick up?

A good pricing is key now for sucess of Punto-S! Fingers crossed for June 17th and GTOs report
I am quite optimistic about the Punto Sport's pricing. Fiat, for all it's faults, has priced it's products very wisely.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:25   #266
BHPian

would punto if was launched with 90 bhp initially would have turned into a success story ?(the cost remaining same or marginally increased)
one more thing-punto s is supposed to available only above the current highest variant.That would not exactly mean good vfm.If it were a 1.6 mjd then probably yes!
Old 11th May 2010, 13:38   #267
superveloce

Hey guys like you all i am also eagerly awaiting the Punto Sports to be launched. I have pushed back my hatch buying plans for now.

But i checked with some friends at Ranjangaon and also Fiat Corporate Mumbai and the Sports is still not in the picture. (sadly) There is no action on the production line at Ranjangaon yet.
They are going to launch the T-Jet Linea first, and then they will be looking into the Punto Sports. (is what im hearing)
Though the Punto sports will be manufactured here in Ranjangaon itself and not CKD/CBU. It will be priced higher though, so expect it to cost roughly the same as an i20 Crdi Sportz/Asta.

*I'll be more than happy if someone can confirm otherwise.

Last edited by superveloce : 11th May 2010 at 13:40.

Old 13th May 2010, 16:41   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
Hey guys like you all i am also eagerly awaiting the Punto Sports to be launched. I have pushed back my hatch buying plans for now.

But i checked with some friends at Ranjangaon and also Fiat Corporate Mumbai and the Sports is still not in the picture. (sadly) There is no action on the production line at Ranjangaon yet.
They are going to launch the T-Jet Linea first, and then they will be looking into the Punto Sports. (is what im hearing)
Though the Punto sports will be manufactured here in Ranjangaon itself and not CKD/CBU. It will be priced higher though, so expect it to cost roughly the same as an i20 Crdi Sportz/Asta.

*I'll be more than happy if someone can confirm otherwise.
Hate to disappoint on this but I'm as well. Launch is not on 17th June but it will be anywhere from July - September.

I'm planning to buy Punto MJD (Emotion) soon but thought of waiting for Sports model as I was assuming that launch will be in June.

Now I will be going in for normal Punto, can't wait for sports and anyway it will be expensive.

I had communication with FIAT officials, they did not divelge the product details (which is fair enough) but confirmed on the timeframe.
Old 13th May 2010, 19:34   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post

I had communication with FIAT officials, they did not divelge the product details (which is fair enough) but confirmed on the timeframe.
Could you get any input on the T-Jet date as well?
Old 13th May 2010, 20:12   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Hate to disappoint on this but I'm as well. Launch is not on 17th June but it will be anywhere from July - September.
That's disappointing! I too am waiting for the Punto Sports. I can't wait till September. I guess I'll still wait till mid-June for some official info on the Punto Sports.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks