Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 21:32   #316
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
But then there should be some difference between FGT E-Pack and VGT E-Pack to differentiate the snob value. A new allow design, rear disks and ECO Drive can do the best. Don't mind if FIAT gives side/curtain airbags as option. (Am I greedy?)

Cheers!
With every edition cost goes highier and start pinching, therefore let them change the engine first and if demand for that keeps increasing, we will see much more in the future and very soon.
Old 5th June 2010, 01:00   #317
Senior - BHPian

I think Fiat will try to place the 90hp Punto a few thousands below the ~6.9L ex-showroom price for i20 and Polo.

The current Emo Pack itself costs a bit more than 6.5L ex-showroom. So if Fiat were to price the 90hp Punto at 6.8L ex-showroom, what extra features would/could be added to the 90hp version? Rear disc brakes? Different alloy design?
Old 5th June 2010, 08:29   #318
BHPian

If wishes were horses !!

What I dread is that we may get just one top end variant with VGT and other bells and whistles a notch above E-Pack.

For me the ideal lineup would be a 90 bhp engine in all 4 variants with a 35-40K markup over their FGT cousins. That way the customer gets plenty of options. Now does Fiat also think this way

Last edited by gvivek75 : 5th June 2010 at 08:30.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:33   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvivek75 View Post
For me the ideal lineup would be a 90 bhp engine in all 4 variants with a 35-40K markup over their FGT cousins. That way the customer gets plenty of options. Now does Fiat also think this way
That is ideal from a customer's POV. But for a company, it would become too much. Currently there are already 9 variants of GP. To have 13 variants, when it sells just 1000 per month is not feasible.

I hope at least there will be 2 variants - one E+, and the other E++ with sun roof et al.

Last edited by Minardi : 5th June 2010 at 11:49.
Old 5th June 2010, 14:59   #320
BHPian

i still feel that fiat will play wise and will price it somewhere just lower than the market leader i20.
if they can come up with a better engine, and few added features and still manage to keep it below the top end i20, then we surely have a winner.

ideally the equipment list should be identical and plus some more at maybe the same price because fiat today doesn't have onething that i20 has---the mass.
only sure way of getting it is placing the right vehicle at the right price. other than that there is absolutely no way why would any layman want to go for the punto against the i20. (talking not about the fiat aficionados here but talking about "Mr. Sharma" next door)
1. the i20 looks good
2. is very well equipped
3. interior quality looks good
4. companies brand value ain't that bad
5. fuel efficiency is great
6. car doesn't feel under powered (diesel)
7. getting it serviced would not be that big a deal
8. legroom at rear is not at a premium
9. though an expensive hatch, the pricing is phenomenal. add few thousands and you get a better model. add few more and u get some more..it goes on all the way from 5 lacs to 7 lacs.

fiat needs to come up with something good sometime fast and at a good price if it wants to attract the potential buyers. today people who are buying a punto are people who WANT to buy a punto. hardly anyone who is confused ends up buying a punto after trying the i20.
Old 6th June 2010, 08:57   #321
BHPian

Just came across this FIAT Linea TJet ad featuring Michael Schumacher. Don't know if its an old one.

Old 6th June 2010, 09:21   #322
BHPian

Its an old one.

The funniest part of the ad is when Schumi starts off (0:12-0:13), the car is slow to respond and the SUV behind it has to brake hard not to hit the back of the Linea
Old 8th June 2010, 13:37   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
I suppose the offer includes one last batch of Palios to be produced in July apart from the hugely discounted 2008 and 2009 models. Fiat is asking for a delivery time of 45-60 days for those freshly produced vehicles. Hence the confusion of a new launch in July I suppose.

I am attaching the offer document here (courtesy PUG).

Attachment 361013

Yes you are right, the offer looks like the palio's might be off production soon ( Remember what Hyundai did to Getz petrol during phase off with heavy discounts)

Attached is the current onroad price at bangalore ((courtesy Concorde Mysore road Bangalore), the ex-showroom price is same all over india as its a BS3 vehicle( as per fiat customer care). Any takers?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat at the Auto Expo 2010-palio.jpg  

Old 8th June 2010, 14:01   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by challa View Post
Yes you are right, the offer looks like the palio's might be off production soon ( Remember what Hyundai did to Getz petrol during phase off with heavy discounts)

Attached is the current onroad price at bangalore ((courtesy Concorde Mysore road Bangalore), the ex-showroom price is same all over india as its a BS3 vehicle( as per fiat customer care). Any takers?
is the 1.6 still available with them?
its a steal at that price.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:49   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
i still feel that fiat will play wise and will price it somewhere just lower than the market leader i20.
if they can come up with a better engine, and few added features and still manage to keep it below the top end i20,
1. the i20 looks good
2. is very well equipped
3. interior quality looks good
4. companies brand value ain't that bad
5. fuel efficiency is great
6. car doesn't feel under powered (diesel)
7. getting it serviced would not be that big a deal
8. legroom at rear is not at a premium
9. though an expensive hatch, the pricing is phenomenal. add few thousands and you get a better model. add few more and u get some more..it goes on all the way from 5 lacs to 7 lacs.

... hardly anyone who is confused ends up buying a punto after trying the i20.
Punto looks way to good for a i 20 to match up
i20 has got very bad a/c
Power is one thingand handling is another; punto any day handles better than i 20
Braking distance of i 20 less spoken about better; with all the bells and whistles it has got it is has the farthest braking distance. (check comparo of the premium hatches)

P.S: I am not a fiat owner
Old 8th June 2010, 15:35   #326
BHPian

@raj

i was talking about a guy next door.

i have been postponing to buy a car from past 6 months now. i wanted to buy the punto emotion pk mjd, but then thought might as well buy it after the auto expo.
saw the punto sport there and haven't been able to come to terms with compromising and buying any other vehicle.
Old 8th June 2010, 16:57   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
is the 1.6 still available with them?
its a steal at that price.

I strongly beleieve it will be available as the price latest chart was issued by the dealer and the heading says its for 2010 models.
Old 8th June 2010, 17:06   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by challa View Post
I strongly beleieve it will be available as the price latest chart was issued by the dealer and the heading says its for 2010 models.
According to posts at PUG the Palio offer is closed. Anyway, only Stile SLX and Stile SDX were offered for booking, as far as to-be-freshly-produced Stiles were concerned. It is reported that the existing stock of 50 vehicles have been cleared and bookings of another 377 vehicles (SLX & SDX) have been accepted/confirmed.
Old 9th June 2010, 09:43   #329
Senior - BHPian

So the soothsayers of team bhp, any dates for this launch? (TJET)
Old 11th June 2010, 20:08   #330
BANNED

What is the Present Linea Power Spec ?!

The reason i'm asking you is , i can see two new models for Linea coming soon and these are specd as

1) 1.4 MPI 16V TURBO CF4 110CV/82KW EMOTION PACK
2) 1.4 MPI 16V TURBO CF4 110CV/82KW EMOTION PLUS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks