Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 14:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
i feel this is nothing new but just the old monetro sport sold in the USDM earlier with a new face and engine. i find it similar to this ( corrections welcome )

http://www.suvreliability.com/includ...Sport/2004.jpg
That was the previous gen. Montero Sport/Challenger/Nativa which was launched in 1997 (not sure what it was based on). The new Pajero Sport is based on the ladder-frame chassis of the Mitsubishi L200 pick-up which was launched in 2005.
Old 1st March 2010, 21:32   #17
BHPian

This story is a bit too speculative as this car would cost around Rs. 25 lakh minimum as a CBU and thus would get blown away by the Fortuner, Endy and X-Trail. HM must know that this would not work. I find OD stories a bit suspect and that they require verification. I know a friend who works in AVTEC the power train company of HM and they have laughed at this story.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:00   #18
BHPian

I feel the current car lacks the character of the original Pajero. It seems too similar to the Fortuner and looks like an imitation attempt by Mitsubishi. I rather prefer the older Pajero.!
Old 1st March 2010, 22:58   #19
BHPian

I feel this might turn false because we know that Mitsu with HM will never move or react quickly to the market.So we can except this Sports somewhere in 2012 or later.
Old 1st March 2010, 23:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Pajero Sports is not doing that great in terms of sales in the UAE.

there are many standing in the stock yard in Jebel Ali port.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-29012009196.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-29012009198.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-29012009203.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-29012009201.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2010, 07:39   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

HM Mitsu in India is dead wood. The only new product we may see is a Pajero with graphic in addition to the clown paint and a 25 lakh price tag as a *limited edition*. How the hell are they going to bring the Montero Sport and price it above the Fortuner and other vehicles in this segment and hope to sell? Maybe to a couple of die hard Mitsu fans who haven't visited any other showroom but not to anyone else.
Old 2nd March 2010, 08:15   #22
BHPian

Well in my opinion the Good is that at least this one looks better than the 20 year old model that Mitsubishi are selling in India. The Bad is that it seems to be nowhere near the level of equipment that Fortuner has.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
The March 2010 issue of Overdrive has reported that Mitsubishi will launch the new Pajero Sport based on its Tritron pick-up, in India in mid-2010.
=======================
I will scan and upload Overdrive's detailed reviews of the New Pajero Sport tomorrow.
from the pictures i am assuming no ACC.WOW.what a development at hindustan-mitsubishi.clearly outdated product.
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

From what I have been able to gather through research is that the Fortuner scores better on third row comfort and space in comparision I suppose when we see her in the flesh will we get better ideas unless someone already has
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:33   #25

Doesn't this look too Outlander-ish?
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I will scan and upload Overdrive's detailed reviews of the New Pajero Sport tomorrow.
I have not been able to upload the detailed review from Overdrive.. Some problem with my scanner. Will try to sort it out today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Any idea when the car hits the showroom and what will the pricing be like?
Since, the current Pajero will be discontinued in the Metro cities for it not being Euro 4 compliant, Mitsui will hence need to fill in the Gap, so I believe it should come soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
First off, this thing is coming initially as a CBU so knowing these bafoons at HM, they will price it uncompetitively compared to the Endy/Fortuner and expect people to pay up for the Mitsu tag which is loosing it's luster in India..
The Pajero Sport in manufactured in Thailand and I believe the trade norms between Thailand and India allow some concession in duty (not sure how much). Also the initally numbers will come in as a CBU and thereafter the SUV will be assembled in India. Initially in 2006, the company imported Cedia from Japan and managed to sell it at about 11 lacs (Delhi). The initial models of Outlander were also CBU from Japan but still is priced ok. The manufacturing cost in Thailand is much cheaper and trade norms further adds to the value. So I think they can price it competitively if at all they want to.. Right HM-Mitsui!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyqed View Post
if not for the brakes, I think Fortuner will still be ahead in the race.
The brakes were specifiaclly tested as reported by Overdrive. It is mentioned that since many Fortuner owners have reported inappropriate braking, more so in start stop traffic, they did test the brakes for the pajero sport and found no problems with them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
i feel this is nothing new but just the old monetro sport sold in the USDM earlier with a new face and engine. i find it similar to this ( corrections welcome )

http://www.suvreliability.com/includ...Sport/2004.jpg
Its no where based on the Montero or the pajero.. Its based on Mitsubishi's Pick-up truck which has a ladder frame chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
IMO Mitsubishi should dispose of the current pajero and sell this in instead.
If not across the country, this will certainly be the case in Metros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
That was the previous gen. Montero Sport/Challenger/Nativa which was launched in 1997 (not sure what it was based on). The new Pajero Sport is based on the ladder-frame chassis of the Mitsubishi L200 pick-up which was launched in 2005.
Right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh911 View Post
This story is a bit too speculative as this car would cost around Rs. 25 lakh minimum as a CBU and thus would get blown away by the Fortuner, Endy and X-Trail. HM must know that this would not work. I find OD stories a bit suspect and that they require verification. I know a friend who works in AVTEC the power train company of HM and they have laughed at this story.
They first thing anyone do reading an HM story is laugh.. but we must understand its hard for them to change. I agree that Overdrive stories definately need a re-check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
I feel this might turn false because we know that Mitsu with HM will never move or react quickly to the market.So we can except this Sports somewhere in 2012 or later.
I agree that they take ages to lauch a new model and till then all its craze is gone. If they do so with the pajero, I wonder what exactly are they going to sell in Metros (Montero? anyone ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by montoo View Post
from the pictures i am assuming no ACC.WOW.what a development at hindustan-mitsubishi.clearly outdated product.
One thing must be appreciated about HM-Mitsubishi in India, all their models come packed with features, whether its Cedia, pajero, outlander or the montero. Lancer though comes stipped down but that is to reduce cost.

In India, the Pajero Sport is expected to have steering mounted controls, leather seats, ACC, touch screen, and may be a rockford Fosgate system which comes in Outlander. So, I dont expect the features to be less in India, they will probably be more than the Fortuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I suppose when we see her in the flesh will we get better ideas unless someone already has
I hope we do see her!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd March 2010 at 12:23.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:25   #27
BHPian

The seat fabric is poor quality in this Thailand made Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. Here in Kuwait the price of 2010 model is KD 7000/- for the petrol Engine. It is a replacement and is better than the ageing Mitsubishi Nativa as Pajero Sport is a 7 seater.

In reality, There is nothing "Pajero/Montero" connection for this vehicle. It is economical ladder on chasis type SUV built on Mitsubishi's pickup vehicle.

In India, the ever compalascent Rajdoot-Amby Auto maker HM will for sure ask for a price 20/30/40/50 lakhs for this otherwise global economical SUV.

OT
I wish some new era, young flamboyant Indian business group other than Compalascent Oldschool Licence raj vetaran automakers like Birlas/Mahindras/Tatas/Kirloskars/Marwadis come to the existance in Indian auto business Soon and give us Indians truely competitive global products on par with/ justifiable gloabla pricing.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:34   #28
BHPian

Whatever Mitsu does, even if it brings EVO series to india, its sales will never go up till the time its with the pathetic HM A.S.S and their network.
I dont understand as to why do these guys cant set up their own networks (Fiat, Renault, Mitsu), they are not startups that they cant afford it..

As far as new pajero is concerned, in my opinion, the existing pajero rocks

Last edited by dhall_gagan : 2nd March 2010 at 12:38.
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:59   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

The Pajero sport is completely different vehicle though it shares the Pajero name. Its based in Triton pick-up truck just like its direct competition Endy and Fortuner which are based on Ranger and HI-Lux respectively. All these truck derived SUV's look and feel like much more expensive SUV's like Landcruiser and Montero but they have lacklusture dynamics. Please do not expect the current Pajero's Ride and Handling finesse here.

If Mitsubishi manages to price it well within 20Lakhs its sure to grab a market for itself as the only competition to the Fortuner is the Endeavour which has been around for years. And if Mitusbishi is serious about selling a product in this price range they should consider a sub 20Lakh Outlander with a diesel engine along with this Pajero sport.

The brand image of Mitsubishi wont be a barrier for person buying a 20lakh suv, a decade or so back the only prestigious SUV's one could see on indian roads were either LC, LC Prado or Pajero.

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd March 2010 at 14:02.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

i think this one looks much better when compared to the fortuner. if priced at 20-23 lakhs, IMHO its a better alternative to the fortuner except that it does not have the toyota tag & after sales service. talking about overpriced, i feel even the fortuner is grossly overpriced. why pay 24 lakhs for a vehicle which is basically an innova on stilts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks