Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2012, 15:00   #151
BHPian

re: New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
HM Mitsubishi have missed a golden opportunity again, Pajero Sport is priced lower then the Fortuner in Thailand. If fortuner can sell 1000+ per month and look at the booking period of the fortuner in India. They should have brought it through the same route that Toyota is following and priced it 1-2 lakhs less then the fortuner, I am sure they would have done close to 1500 per month and this kind of sales figure they have not seen for last 15-20 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Exactly, this vehicle had the potential to turn Mitsubishi around but alas, they lost it, again.
Is Fortuner a CKD unit...guess - no? Pajero & Pajero Sport comes in as CKD....so there will be some price difference. Yet - they should have at-least placed very close to Fortuner.
Old 9th March 2012, 15:46   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
Is Fortuner a CKD unit...guess - no? Pajero & Pajero Sport comes in as CKD....so there will be some price difference. Yet - they should have at-least placed very close to Fortuner.
Initially Fortuner came as a CKD. Not sure now it's locally manufactured. Some one a couple of pages back mentioned that Pajero Sport is a CBU! I guess even if Mitsubishi has locally manufactured this vehicle, they still would have priced it close to Fortuner, I don't know - they are too optimistic about their pricing!
Old 9th March 2012, 16:31   #153
BHPian

Official: Mitsubishi to launch Pajero Sport on 12 March, specs inside | Goa On Wheels

seems to be in sync with what Traveler observed/said
Old 9th March 2012, 19:25   #154
BHPian

All kinds of confusing info floating around.

This article from BSM says that it will have a 134hp 2.5Litre unit. http://www.bsmotoring.com/news/incom...arch-12/4807/1

One dealer told me that it will have a 178hp 2.5 litre unit.

The goa on wheels says 178ps in the text and 131 in the specs table.

131kw is 176hp or 178ps. so maybe thats what it is. But what about BSM and OVerdrive reporting that the mitsubishi 2.5L is 134hp and not 175?

Last edited by Harbir : 9th March 2012 at 19:28.
Old 9th March 2012, 20:38   #155
BHPian

First pics: Pajero Sport lands in Goa, teaser site up | Goa On Wheels

seems goanonwheels have got their hands on it already.

I also see pajerosport.in up but under construction. So looks like release is very close.

Last edited by avimal : 9th March 2012 at 20:40. Reason: wanted to show the site name in view
Old 9th March 2012, 21:08   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
One dealer told me that it will have a 178hp 2.5 litre unit.

The goa on wheels says 178ps in the text and 131 in the specs table.

131kw is 176hp or 178ps. so maybe thats what it is. But what about BSM and OVerdrive reporting that the mitsubishi 2.5L is 134hp and not 175?
Senior technitian at Asian Motors told me that its a 2.5L, 134bhp. This was after they came back from training from Chennai. So, I would trust these figures.
Old 9th March 2012, 23:51   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04

Senior technitian at Asian Motors told me that its a 2.5L, 134bhp. This was after they came back from training from Chennai. So, I would trust these figures.
The specs that I have shared earlier are right out of the sales training manual provided to the sales staff at each dealer. I have personally seen the manual and also the vehicle. All the specs were mentioned clearly in the manual.

There is a white one physically present at the dealership and I had a good look at it earlier today.

The existing Pajero would remain available as per the dealer. There is an almost 5 lacs difference in price and that justifies it.

Also as per dealer the existing Pajero is still the preferred off roading vehicle while the new one is a more city oriented vehicle albeit a capable off roader.

IMHO I tend to agree, the existing Pajero is legendary. With minimum electronics, a bulletproof engine and reliability to swear by it is very hard to beat. What can breakdown when there is nothing to break in the first place

The Outlander is a much better equipped vehicle if one was to compare creature comforts only. The existing Pajero is definitely more rugged and extremely capable.

Personally I would not consider upgrading as there is little incremental value.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 12:59   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
The specs that I have shared earlier are right out of the sales training manual provided to the sales staff at each dealer. I have personally seen the manual and also the vehicle. All the specs were mentioned clearly in the manual.
That means they have managed to get the 3rd gen DI-D with a VGT that produces 178PS and not the 2nd gen that produces 134 PS. If this is the case, its soo good on the part of HM to take that move.

Quote:
IMHO I tend to agree, the existing Pajero is legendary. With minimum electronics, a bulletproof engine and reliability to swear by it is very hard to beat. What can breakdown when there is nothing to break in the first place
Oh yes, it will be a heck of a Classic one day .

Quote:
The Outlander is a much better equipped vehicle if one was to compare creature comforts only. The existing Pajero is definitely more rugged and extremely capable.

Personally I would not consider upgrading as there is little incremental value.
If I may ask, what are you driving, a Pajero or Outlander. I have personally loved the Outlander.
Old 10th March 2012, 13:19   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04

That means they have managed to get the 3rd gen DI-D with a VGT that produces 178PS and not the 2nd gen that produces 134 PS. If this is the case, its soo good on the part of HM to take that move.

Oh yes, it will be a heck of a Classic one day .

If I may ask, what are you driving, a Pajero or Outlander. I have personally loved the Outlander.
I have a Pajero SFX.
Old 10th March 2012, 14:28   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler

I have a Pajero SFX.
Ah ok, just confirmed from Asian motors, the sports is 178 bhp. Saw a white one standing in the ASC.
Old 10th March 2012, 15:19   #161
BHPian

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport technical specifications and price

this says 178PS and that the SFX will continue in the line up, not discontinued.

price it says 23 t 24lacs ex showroom
Old 10th March 2012, 15:52   #162
BHPian

Very nice, but I fail to see why anybody should buy it at even 22.5L as the Fortuner 4WD MT sells for 21L ex- showroom. The SFX BS4 is nearly 60k more than a Fortuner, but then that's a true and real P-A-J-E-R-O. But a premium for the new Sport over the Fortuner is hard to justify, IMHO.
Old 10th March 2012, 16:17   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Very nice, but I fail to see why anybody should buy it at even 22.5L as the Fortuner 4WD MT sells for 21L ex- showroom.
Exactly my point! And for true Pajero fans, the SFX is gonna stay! And the repair costs of CBUs are gonna go thru the roof - that's again a major downer compared to the Fortuner. I don't expect the ride quality also to be great compared to Fortuner!

Does anyone know how premium is the Pajero Sport interiors & equipment actually, when compared to the Fortuner?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 08:09   #164
BHPian

Came across pics on another website, hence sharing

Source: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport scooped from all anges - IAB Scoop
Link to all images: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport (11) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Attached Thumbnails
New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-mitsubishipajerosport4.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-mitsubishipajerosport5.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-mitsubishipajerosport11.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-mitsubishipajerosport2.jpg  

Old 12th March 2012, 08:27   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I don't expect the ride quality also to be great compared to Fortuner!
Can you please elaborate, I have recently taken the extensive test drives of both - Pajero SFX and New Fortuner.

I would agree that Fortuner is a notch above the current Pajero in the following departments - engine - yes fortuner has a powerfull mill, interiors - yes it feels good however its typical toyota nothing great about it and the worst part of fortuner(manual) is - the gear knob does break dance when ever the car is pushed or braked hard or goes over a rough terrain, I would never want my 25lac car to have this distortion.

Whereas pajero has very well balanced ride and ride quality is better then fortuner by great margin and the look is legendary.It has been tightly tuck better as compared to Fortuner.

Most Viewed