Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 10:11   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!

Since the Fortuner and the Endeavour are CKDs, they seem to be true VFM. Especially the big Ford. I wish the competition realised the importance of CKDs sooner than later. The CRV, Santa Fe, Koleos, Outlander and now the Pajero Sport! We end up paying half the money to the Government now!
Old 13th March 2012, 10:45   #212
BHPian

Re: Pajero Sport Launched

there is already a thread covering the whole pajero sport launch.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...23-53l-14.html

Can the mods please merge the two so its less confusing on where to look for updates.

Thanks

Mod Note: Thanks! Next time please use the "report post" function (third icon on bottom left of your posting window) for quick turnaround.

Last edited by noopster : 13th March 2012 at 14:38. Reason: Refer note in post
Old 13th March 2012, 10:45   #213
BHPian

Finally, a worthy competitor to the Fortuner. Loved the rear. The front might need some mods.
Old 13th March 2012, 11:13   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

The car looks good on paper(specification and feature list). It should be priced at the current Pajero SFX price level.

On the style front,front looks a bit bland. The bulging grill area is not to my taste. The looks good but could do better with a spoiler.
Old 13th March 2012, 11:32   #215
Senior - BHPian

I am glad knowing at least they are now offering a diesel considering their Outlander has been exclusively a petrol automatic so far. In a market like OURS !
That car had/still has the potential to do well should they plonk in a diesel.
Anyway, sense has prevailed with the Pajero.
Old 13th March 2012, 12:27   #216
BHPian

While Im sure the Sport will probably sell well, Im disappointed with Pajero's attitude. The insides are so agricultural that they look like they're from a car 10 years old. And look at the rear door in the picture that's taken from the back of the car... those door frame edges are so straight they look like they've been drawn with a ruler.
Old 13th March 2012, 12:29   #217
Senior - BHPian

The car looks good, if only Mitsubishi had enough foresight to price it competitively as compared to Fortuner and enter Indian market with much more zeal by going CKD route rather then choosing a risk and commitment free route of CBU. The other area where i look at them with some apprehension is they piggybacking on HM's network rather then building one of their own.

Till yesterday the links on their web site (http://www.pajerosport.in/) were broken. Today they all seem to be working. I would have expected them to work the first time around nevertheless better late then never.

The other thing that caught my attention on the post above is, the car is coming with 2.5L Common Rail Diesel churning 178PS, as compared to Fortuner which comes with 3L churning 170BHP. The Pajero even though has less engine capacity produces same output. Is this a differently tuned engine?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 13th March 2012 at 12:35.
Old 13th March 2012, 13:51   #218
BHPian

Spoke to Pethkar Motors in Pune. The bookings are open at an On Road proce of INR 29.75L. There is no test drive available presently as the first 1000 vehicles are direct imports.
satan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 13:58   #219
BHPian

Didnt hear anybody complaining about the fact that its only launched in a 5 speed manual version. I personally feel an automatic is a must for such cars.
The Fortuner will score more points there. Although the interiors do look way better than the fortuners innova like interiors.
Old 13th March 2012, 13:58   #220
BHPian

This is purely my view, but the new Pajero doesn't look good anymore. Its looks like a cross between the outlander n motero to me. Also totally lost the brute and macho look.
Old 13th March 2012, 14:45   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
is less fuel efficient (expect 1-1.5kms less per L),
Are you reading about VGT model which is new/latest one? I read from other forums that Pajero sport in india is rated at 12.8 kmpl by ARAI though I have not seen official figures myself. If I go by this it is in fact slightly better than that of fortuner (12.5 kmpl)

Also it is super select 4WD so one can keep it to 2WD for better FE in urban areas.

Last edited by avimal : 13th March 2012 at 14:50. Reason: delete opening bracket of /QUOTE by mistake
Old 13th March 2012, 14:56   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Are you reading about VGT model which is new/latest one? I read from other forums that Pajero sport in india is rated at 12.8 kmpl by ARAI though I have not seen official figures myself. If I go by this it is in fact slightly better than that of fortuner (12.5 kmpl)

Also it is super select 4WD so one can keep it to 2WD for better FE in urban areas.
My source is folks from other countries who have hands-on and long term ownership experience with the Pajero Sport. e.g. the South African 4X4 forum. Most of them evaluate the Fortuner before taking a decision, and evaluate the pros and cons. The Fortuner, Pajero Sport and Everest (Endeavour) are the 3 vehicles that get compared most of the time - when looking at a new vehicle from that class.

Regarding FE: The Indian Pajero, even with Super Select, is not that fuel efficient. As a Fortuner owner, I know that it is pretty fuel efficient - and you can read the ownership reviews to get the numbers. Many folks are getting better numbers that 12.5kmpl.

My Pajero Sport knowledge is second hand, as I mentioned.

@ Mayank: I have heard the the Fortuner engine is undertuned to ensure better reliability. I am not an engine expert, so don't really know.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 13th March 2012 at 15:01.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 17:01   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't know why companies like HM-Mitsu can't wake up and open their eyes to reality. I was strongly considering the Pajero Sport as my next car, but the unrealistic price and the bad support network have put it out of contention for us.
One more aspect I was shocked by is the ICE which Mistu is offering in this so-called "Fully Loaded" variant ! (picture courtesy Pajerosport.in official website)New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-pajerosportice.jpg

This really makes one wonder how many creature comforts the Pajero Sport would really offer.
Also, Mitsu's approach on not going for a CKD route and launch with CBU at CBU level pricing has made the price level unrealistic for large volumes.
They should have launched directly with CKDs and at a price level of 18 lacs and then they would be selling like hotcakes and would take away some share from the Fortuner.

That said, the new Fortuner is also a good improvement in terms of interiors over the previous Gen and now actually seems very good VFM.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 13th March 2012, 17:02   #224
BHPian

Quote:
My source is folks from other countries who have hands-on and long term ownership experience with the Pajero Sport. e.g. the South African 4X4 forum.
I don't think VGT is launched in South Africa. I think it is launched in Malaysia and India only. Do you have anyone from Malaysia who can provide good feedback?

Quote:
Regarding FE: The Indian Pajero, even with Super Select, is not that fuel efficient.
Pajero SFX has decade old engine. Pajero sport VGT is all new engine. There are generations apart.
Old 13th March 2012, 17:24   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I don't think VGT is launched in South Africa. I think it is launched in Malaysia and India only. Do you have anyone from Malaysia who can provide good feedback?

Pajero SFX has decade old engine. Pajero sport VGT is all new engine. There are generations apart.
I looked at the South African website - you are right, they are still using the 3.2L DI-D engine ( a great and reliable engine, by the way) producing 120kw. So the new VGT engine could very well have significantly better FE numbers.

I don't frequent Malaysian forums, so wouldn't know what they are saying :-)

Last edited by nilanjanray : 13th March 2012 at 17:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks