Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 13:48   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram.vns View Post
Yesterday I have posted my details in Nissan Micra website and in few minutes got a mail from Nissan with a link to photos of Micra in Geneva auto expo.

Within an hour got a call from Lakshmi Nissan, Hyderabad and they were stating that Micra would be launched in second week of June and deliveries would be starting by end of July.

They also stated that if I would like to book the vehicle now I can pay a booking amount of Rs.50000/- which is completly refundable in case I cancel the booking.
Which link? The www.nissanmicra.in website is presently down. The dealer's announcement seems to be right. Second week of June is realistic.
Old 10th May 2010, 21:58   #152
BHPian

Nissan Motor begins soft marketing of small car Micra

Nissan Motor India has begun soft marketing of its small car Micra which it would launch in July.

The company has started an initiative called "exposure marketing" to build brand awareness and seek insights from prospective buyers on its product.

The car maker has erected special pavilions at high footfall areas like shopping malls in different cities across the country.

The pavilions have interactive LCD display kiosks and shoppers at the mall are encouraged to use these and get a view of the Micra.

"As we gear up for start of sales in July 2010, we are constantly looking at innovative platforms to reach out to our target and prospective customers," said Kiminobu Tokuyama, the company managing director.

The pre-launch marketing activity that started in Pune and Bangalore May 5 will continue till December 2010

Source ET :: Nissan Motor begins soft marketing of small car Micra-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 11th May 2010, 06:12   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Which link? The www.nissanmicra.in website is presently down. The dealer's announcement seems to be right. Second week of June is realistic.
the website URL is http://nissanmicra.co.in/

Nothing more than a few exterior pictures and submission of details available.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 11th May 2010 at 06:13.
Old 11th May 2010, 06:53   #154
BHPian

For me, it looks more like a better designed A-Star! from exterior.
Old 11th May 2010, 08:17   #155
BHPian

Looks crappy, for me. Does Nissan think of this as a revolutionary design or what?
Old 11th May 2010, 16:31   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks good to me too: seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it design!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
the website URL is Nissan Micra

Nothing more than a few exterior pictures and submission of details available.
Whoever is responsible for that site should be shot. Well, no, ok... they should be sacked. They certainly have no right to a job in marketing. This site says, look/close/forget. This is negative marketing!
Old 12th May 2010, 14:52   #157
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Looks crappy, for me. Does Nissan think of this as a revolutionary design or what?
I don't think they do. Simply because, in the A2 segment, its price / FE / space / that sell a car. Not so much revolutionary looks. I have a feeling Nissan's going to get the Micra right. Or it could be just my faith in Japanese engineering / packaging.
Old 15th May 2010, 12:57   #158
Senior - BHPian

In Jaipur Pink City Honda, Jaipur dealer for Honda is appointed Nissan Dealer.

They are sending me details in evening.
Old 16th May 2010, 08:15   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
In Jaipur Pink City Honda, Jaipur dealer for Honda is appointed Nissan Dealer.

They are sending me details in evening.
Sir,

Did you get any details from the new dealer ?

Mean while found some details and a video about Nissan Micra, PFB the link for the same :

Nissan*Micra K13 (2010 - ) | Car Reviews | Honest John

Nissan*Micra K13 (2010 - ) | Car Reviews | Honest John

Regards,

Vikram
Old 16th May 2010, 10:42   #160
BHPian

It looks to me that the Micra would sell well, though not become the segment leader.Customers looking for an alternative to the Swift / Ritz may find the Micra appealing. Secondly, if the Micra gets the CVT, it would attract some of the i10 customers too.
The Micra's selling points would be ease of driving, compact dimensions outside, yet sufficient roomy inside,decent ride, certain unique ( for the segment) features like start-stop, and the possibility of sensible pricing.
Old 16th May 2010, 12:33   #161
Senior - BHPian

Every car in this hotly contested hatchback scene needs a selling point,i guess the CVT will be micra's USP.
Old 16th May 2010, 13:15   #162
BHPian

I see this car to rule its segment in terms of quality and features due to Nissan policies as per recent reports. Micra is not going to be a built to price car to cut competition in its segment, its built for all the RHD markets of the world, here in India. Hope, they even launch the TC'ed version of its 1.2 engine producing 100 bhp, which along with its light body, can be the perfect hot hatch. It doesn't look sharp though like the new hatches, but rounded and classical like the original zen, which IMO is its only grouse in the current market. I expect the prices to be on par with Polo and i20 range than Swift, Figo and Punto.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:21   #163
BHPian

They make a Supercharged version with 95bhp although that is not for India. It is extremely lightweight, base model is around 930kgs. I guess this design will age well. It will look the same after 5 years maybe. And ya, the CVT should make it to India.
Old 18th May 2010, 20:22   #164
SCH
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any new info on the Price front ; I mean by when would the price be out. I am contemplating between the Swift K12 series and the Micra, for my wife hence would like to know by when the pricing of the Micra would be announced.
Old 19th May 2010, 09:12   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
Hi Guys,

Any new info on the Price front ; I mean by when would the price be out. I am contemplating between the Swift K12 series and the Micra, for my wife hence would like to know by when the pricing of the Micra would be announced.
As far as I know, the Micra would be priced around 4.5 L to 5.0 L.
However there is no official announcement as yet from the company,and its not yet clear when it would be announced.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks