Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:05   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Got a call from the sales guy at the VW dealership. Prices announced for the Jetta, 2.0CRD manual gearboxes only. No automatics. Base goes at 14.28L ex- showroom Kochi, Comfortline at 15.95L. Booking amount 1 lac, going to book one tomorrow. Car should be coming sometime in April.
Hey Yeldo,
Did the dealer mentioned anything about the Petrol options. Looking forward for your purchase and aftersales experience with the dealership. I'm interested because Jetta is a model I fancy, and if I decide on it, VW EVM Kochi is my nearest dealer (I am from Thrissur).
By the way, are you going for the Comfortline trim?
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:11   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBooMan View Post
Congratulations buddy! what colour, trim and what is the OTR price there in Kochi?
Thank you. Should be 17.95L OTR for the Comfortline, I"ll be going for black or white, what else?

After I get the car, I'll post more on initial ownership experience thread.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:15   #78
Senior - BHPian

Hi Yeldo,

I currently own a 1.9 TDI PD 2009 model with DSG. Just curious besides the engine have they added anything more? Sunroof? Power seats?

Regards,
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:21   #79
Senior - BHPian

He he he - the deal with the VW's are getting interesting to say the least ! Looking forward to the "enticing" ads in the papers & waiting for the pricing.

The deals on the diesels were always selling. Time to see what the petrols do now, especially with Petrol & diesel getting more expensive for one reason or another !!!!!

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:36   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hey Yeldo,
Did the dealer mentioned anything about the Petrol options. Looking forward for your purchase and aftersales experience with the dealership. By the way, are you going for the Comfortline trim?
No, I didn't ask about the petrol. I'm going for the Comfortline. EVM Kochi has built up a good reputation in a short timespan, AFAIK. I had got in touch with them on a Touareg some time back, and although it was a very rarely enquired- about vehicle, they gave me full info, and retained my number and even offered me one that the owner was tryiing to sell immediately after taking delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Hi Yeldo,
I currently own a 1.9 TDI PD 2009 model with DSG. Just curious besides the engine have they added anything more? Sunroof? Power seats?
Regards,
The dealership guy told me there were no changes except for the engine and the manual gearbox.
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Base goes at 14.28L ex- showroom Kochi
Any idea about the price differential (hike) compared to the earlier 1.9 TDi?
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:44   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Any idea about the price differential (hike) compared to the earlier 1.9 TDi?
The 1.9PD DSG Comfortline was around 16.4L ex showroom, if my memory is correct.
Old 24th March 2010, 06:24   #83
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Yeldo, and congratulations for the new possession. Good to know that EVM Kochi folks are good to deal with.
By the way, it will be of great help if you can just enquire on the petrol version - when you meet up or talk to the dealer next time.

Thank you!
Old 24th March 2010, 15:32   #84
GTO
Team-BHP Support

One thing for sure : VW's trying to gain an upper hand on Skoda. First, they bring in the Polo at a lower price. Now, the Jetta sports a better diesel engine than the PD units in the Laura.

Good move in getting the common-rails. It's about time. The 1.9 PD had turbo-lag, but the Passat's older 2.0 PD (now serving in the Laura & Superb) were even worse!

However, I'm not so sure about eliminating automatics from the range altogether. Stats show that, as you climb up segments, premium car owners prefer an AT to an MT. Skoda sells more Lauras with a DSG than manual.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:50   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
One thing for sure : VW's trying to gain an upper hand on Skoda. First, they bring in the Polo at a lower price. Now, the Jetta sports a better diesel engine than the PD units in the Laura.

Good move in getting the common-rails. It's about time. The 1.9 PD had turbo-lag, but the Passat's older 2.0 PD (now serving in the Laura & Superb) were even worse!

However, I'm not so sure about eliminating automatics from the range altogether. Stats show that, as you climb up segments, premium car owners prefer an AT to an MT. Skoda sells more Lauras with a DSG than manual.
Even the Skodas are coming with the same engine. LINK: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...el-engine.html

Even the CRDI from Passat has Turbo lag as severe as the outgoing PD engine.

The Departure of Automatics is definitely step in the wrong direction. Our country has slowly started accepting AT cars. The cars with DSG and Diesel engine are a brilliant combo. My next car has to be Automatic and Diesel.

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th March 2010 at 15:51.
Old 24th March 2010, 17:29   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
like mentioned earlier, i think they are upgrading the engines now and will launch the newer technology DSG boxes in a few months i.e the dry clutch ones. cars in this segment will not sell if no auto if offered.
Can you please explain what is the "dry clutch" DSG tranmission and how it is different from the DSG tranmission currently doing service in the Passat, Superb, etc.?
Old 24th March 2010, 18:42   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
Can you please explain what is the "dry clutch" DSG tranmission and how it is different from the DSG tranmission currently doing service in the Passat, Superb, etc.?
Source DSG : Technology : Volkswagen UK
Both (6 &7 speed/ wet & dry )DSG dual-clutch gearboxes are application-specific. The 6-speed is paired with high torque engines (up to 350 Nm) while the 7-speed variant is more effective in combination with smaller engines and torque outputs of up to 250 Nm.
Old 24th March 2010, 22:02   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Well agree... if they need to remain in the market, they'll definitely need to slot these two brands definitely. Or else it'll be eating into each other's business.

I am also a bit puzzled with the idea of dropping the DSG box completely. It is a well-lauded technology worldwide, and I remember reading that VW's initiative was to make these cutting edge technologies available to mass volume models, without charging much of a premium. Infact, in SE Asia market, all of their models - be it Polo, Golf, Tiguan, Jetta or the Touran MPV, all comes with DSG box.

It could be a marketing decision. Maybe get the sales up with slightly lower priced manual models, and then re-introduce the automatic. Atleast thats what I hope!
Old 25th March 2010, 03:15   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well agree... if they need to remain in the market, they'll definitely need to slot these two brands definitely. Or else it'll be eating into each other's business.

I am also a bit puzzled with the idea of dropping the DSG box completely. It is a well-lauded technology worldwide, and I remember reading that VW's initiative was to make these cutting edge technologies available to mass volume models, without charging much of a premium. Infact, in SE Asia market, all of their models - be it Polo, Golf, Tiguan, Jetta or the Touran MPV, all comes with DSG box.

It could be a marketing decision. Maybe get the sales up with slightly lower priced manual models, and then re-introduce the automatic. Atleast thats what I hope!

Spoke to the dealer again. For the record, he could neither confirm or deny the DSG being re-introduced. Insider info : its gonna be available in the second shipment of kits. Looks like VW is facing some kind of global shortage. So it sounds a lot like a marketing decision to drop it, which it is, only in part. Logistics and supply also are being taken into consideration. He only hinted at it. Its me filling in the blanks. I wouldnt bet on it though. Too much uncertainty.
Old 25th March 2010, 09:50   #90
BHPian

I hear that VW will pass on the DSG boxes to Skoda and itself go in for the manual -- at least for the near future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks