Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2011, 15:59   #1096
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Are you sure you saw the door handle of the new fiesta, because as i know, the door handle of the previous fiesta hatch was rated as flimsy. Do post a link of where you saw it.
Here (redirect from youtube):

2011 Ford Fiesta SES « drivencarreviews.com

there are other reviews if you like on youtube. For exa.-

Old 1st May 2011, 22:09   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post
Here (redirect from Youtube):

2011 Ford Fiesta SES « drivencarreviews.com

there are other reviews if you like on Youtube. For exa.-

YouTube - 2011 Ford Fiesta Review from Consumer Reports
The above review actually only says that the door handles are made of hard plastics (not that its flimsy) unlike the soft touch dashboard (which isn't obviously making to our country.

And hey, will the telescopic steering wheel adjustment and the COOL colour changing cup holders make it to our Fiesta?
Old 2nd May 2011, 00:32   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The above review actually only says that the door handles are made of hard plastics (not that its flimsy) unlike the soft touch dashboard (which isn't obviously making to our country.
you didn't see the first review posted as the link...

Not to put too fine a point to it, I commented upon how the handle 'looked' (especially when the old model has better ones)...fine with me if you feel the handle is good...and i don't get what makes it obvious that the soft touch dash isn't making it here...

guess this thread is a dud without any live info or reviews of the Indian spec Fiesta coming in...when's the real launch, does anyone know?
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:51   #1099
BANNED

Quote:

Of course the dash should make it to India, It was there in the previous fiesta sxi & S variants and also in the fusion+. So it will make it to India.
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:01   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Of course the dash should make it to India, It was there in the previous fiesta sxi & S variants and also in the fusion+. So it will make it to India.
The soft touch dash? Like the one in the video posted? No one had mentioned about it being present in the display car, its also not expected in a car in this segment, so I thought it wont make it here! If they're offering it, at least in the highest model, then its a good move by Ford
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:06   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The soft touch dash? its also not expected in a car in this segment, so I thought it wont make it here! If they're offering it, at least in the highest model, then its a good move by Ford
While its a great move by Ford, its also available in Hyundai Verna. New and old(?)
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:02   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
While its a great move by Ford, its also available in Hyundai Verna. New and old(?)
I'm sure that the previous Verna and Verna transform came with hard plastics in the dash. Can't comment on the new Verna though the videos say it comes with hard plastics only.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 17:14   #1103
BHPian

Called a Noida based Ford dealer, he was in touch since I registered at Ford website. He informed me that NFS will be launched by July End and deliveries to start from August onwards.

After 11th May launch of ANHV, it would be really difficult to wait for NFS to decide which one to pick.
Old 2nd May 2011, 20:44   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Called a Noida based Ford dealer, he was in touch since I registered at Ford website. He informed me that NFS will be launched by July End and deliveries to start from August onwards.

After 11th May launch of ANHV, it would be really difficult to wait for NFS to decide which one to pick.
That is really a sad news. I was hoping for a early or mid June launch and an early July delivery of the first batch. Why is Ford taking so long? What is happening?
Old 2nd May 2011, 21:10   #1105
BHPian

If I remember correctly I think I saw a video on the new fiesta and they said they unveiled it so that people will know that something will be launched soon in competition to the new Verna, but since they have some production problems going on right now. The actual launch will be delayed till July. Oh and I would like to mention that I didnt like the external looks of the new fiesta and the leg room is really really tight. I really like the interiors though
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:32   #1106
Senior - BHPian

I do not hate the exteriors of the Fiesta, its a modern looking car. But the thing is, it doesn't have that special factor that makes one go WOW! It makes one to take notice and appreciate. Maybe its a design that would grow on us. But the interiors is a totally different story. They look smashing and makes us jump at the sight of it! Its really fresah and stands out amidst the competition and blows the segment away
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:40   #1107
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
The earlier one wasnt a looker too, but it grew on you.
Oh, and probably the driving oomph factor contributed to the love-at-3rd/4th-sight?
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:42   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Quote:
I'm sure that the previous Verna and Verna transform came with hard plastics in the dash. Can't comment on the new Verna though the videos say it comes with hard plastics only.
It most certainly does have a soft touch dash. I own a Verna (1st gen Indian) & it certainly has it. Its a rubbery soft material with a texture on it.

@Aravind - Was trying to quote when by accident clicked on the thank you button
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:01   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
It most certainly does have a soft touch dash. I own a Verna (1st gen Indian) & it certainly has it. Its a rubbery soft material with a texture on it.

@Aravind - Was trying to quote when by accident clicked on the thank you button
Oh I thought, a soft touch dash is one which would give way when you poke it, it would go inside like wet clay and form the shape once again. I've experienced it in the Elantra.

As for the missed thank you, Xehaust I guess we should start requesting the mods for an un-thank you button now
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:16   #1110
BHPian

hehehe...First thought that came to my mind when i did it - "Oops, now do i "un-thank""

Dont know about the elantra but im guessing its the same as both are Hyundai cars. Yes, it does give way, but ever so slightly. Exactly why i mentioned the "rubbery" aspect.

Dont know about Ford offering the same though. Fords are generally sporty & the interiors of the NFS seems sporty too. Doubt it will have the soft touch effect on the dashboard. In any case, dont think this is worth the amount of discussion we are putting into it

Last edited by Xehaust : 3rd May 2011 at 11:20.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks