Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 08:02   #661
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Guys got my car today, below is the link
@mustang: exterior coating is 3m i have the receipt with me

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1828632
Scorpio : AFAIK, Ford Dealers only used waxoyl underbody,overbody & engine protection.

I have never heard about 3M being used at our dealers, Even 3 months back when i bought my fusion, Waxoyl was the only recommended paint/rust protection brand currently being used.

*EDIT = Just found out, 3M car care treatment has been started from march 1,2010 onwards, Earlier it was waxoyl only.

@Misquitas : Thanks man, I am always 'happy to help'

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 9th April 2010 at 08:09. Reason: *EDIT info added
Old 9th April 2010, 13:09   #662
BHPian

It was a white, EXI, Petrol version. EXI has all the necessary features and the only missing feature is the Electric ORVM adjuster.

Delivery is within 20 days. The showroms are now open till 10 pm as they think they have a winner on their hands and want to attract people who are going back home from restaurants etc.

Seeing the debate on mileage, I at least have bought the Ford hoping that it gives me at least 14kmpl(petrol). I have ripped the Test drive vehicle in traffic and it is pretty responsive. But I would not taunt another 1200cc vehicle on a highway as I will be left behind in the first 20 seconds at least.

Traffic hopefully will be the great leveller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
I suppose the discussion of point of view of RGK's friend has provided enough entertainment and its time to move on.

yeggina, congrats on your booking. Which variant, what colour and what is the expected date of delivery?

We all know from Captain's experience that Metro Ford (Bangalore) is reluctant to facilitate PDI. When i checked with an executive there he said "They generally don't allow public to the yard (somewhere in Peenya) .. but it is possible if the Sales consultant takes special approval from the management."

Anyone here on the forum who have managed to persuade any SalesCon at Metro Ford?
Old 9th April 2010, 13:10   #663
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Part of the reason is becos of way too many posts like this one

Yes absolutely. + OT's - like below one

@mkerala - Regarding Insurance, the vehicle is insured with its model details, Chassis No & Engine no. Vehicle Invoice, Form 20/21, photos, Proof of address (now very limited documents are only supported) are taken up by the agent for registration. Once the vehicle is moved out of the Dealer, it is fully insured.
This helps for total claim if something happens on the way to RTO.
If temp regn is done, then the vehicle can be used for 30 days. For permanent registration (which can be done after temp registration paper is received which will take 2 to 3 days), all the above and the temp registration paper have to be submitted. If 30 days have crossed then a penalty amount is charged. I repeat Fancy nos cannot be picked by bribing - everything computerized and is allotted alphabetically - you may be lucky if it comes on its own. Generally this is how it is done in TN, do not have any idea about other states.
Pl make sure you have all the photostat copies of the docs in your car always.
Cops are keen to pick newbies .
I TD ed Figo petrol - not very poor as expected. Not peppy like Santro etc..
5-6k per year is very low. I think your engine will not see its full power during its tenure with you.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:40   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Got good news from ford RSM
Congrats Mkerala. Hope your wait will be going to be worth while
Old 12th April 2010, 13:24   #665
BANNED

Nice that we got a new thread for this.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:12   #666
Senior - BHPian

My cousin booked his Sea Grey Figo TDCi ZXi on the 31st of March and the vehicle is already here in the Chennai yard.

Finance formalities are being delayed otherwise, the delivery time seems to be good which is only 11 days!
Old 12th April 2010, 14:13   #667
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Agreed.
We can attack Mustang directly for delivery issues in this thread

Last edited by RGK : 12th April 2010 at 14:14. Reason: missing word
Old 12th April 2010, 14:23   #668
BHPian

I have booked a White ZXi TDCi Figo on 29th March 2010 with Cargo ford here in Ahmedabad with promise of delivery on 15th April, I call SP daily about the status of my car but he tells me that they had not received the lot for April month till date from the Ford factory.
Old 12th April 2010, 18:18   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Nice that we got a new thread for this.
The Figo generates interest (and a separate thread) even if it has delivery pains. Let's hope that the labour pains are under control and Ford can conceive Figos by the thousands to cope with the huge demand.
Old 12th April 2010, 18:23   #670
BANNED

I think the company has been able to cope with the rush through that extra shift, I am hardly getting any PMs regarding figo & fiesta deliveries & also people are not posting any such information here also.

Even the facebook page now does not have any dealer/delivery complaints.
Old 12th April 2010, 18:54   #671
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Figo has started doing well in the markets (media, ownership reviews etc) and faced the initial teething problems all manufacturers face while handling high volumes.. I hope they have started handling well and will try to focus on attacking competition after their deliveries are completely streamlined.
Old 12th April 2010, 19:03   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the company has been able to cope with the rush through that extra shift, I am hardly getting any PMs regarding figo & fiesta deliveries & also people are not posting any such information here also.

Even the facebook page now does not have any dealer/delivery complaints.
I think more than that extra shift, dealers have started quoting realistic dates rather than parroting 'Next week saar' to anyone who walks in. I am guessing Ford must have banged them on it. My friend has been quoted a month's waiting time for a Squeeze Titanium Petrol. He would be complaining all over the place if he had had an expectation of getting it within a week but actually waiting for 4.
Old 12th April 2010, 19:09   #673
BHPian

Quote:
I think the company has been able to cope with the rush through that extra shift, I am hardly getting any PMs regarding figo & fiesta deliveries & also people are not posting any such information here also. Even the facebook page now does not have any dealer/delivery complaints.
Good to know that and it's great that Ford has addressed these issues on a priority basis. By the way, any news about mkerala. Has he got his squeeze? And why was he banned on this forum?
Old 12th April 2010, 20:39   #674
BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
my heart goes for the Figo Diesel, however will be mostly city driven and occasionally on highways, probably just about 1000 kms a month. initally, may increase later on.

Reason for going for Diesel,one is the engine - in love with it, the power in it is awesome. Also, competitor petrol cars are either 30k less than Diesel Zxi or even more than figo diesel.
What do you guys suggest? has anyone driven both petrol and diesel? is the petrol driving similar to diesel??
Am planning to book it so any response would be greatly appreciated.
I had booked an i20 1.2 petrol for 6.85L OTR (pre-April), and then I compared the Figo 1.4 Titanium features with those of i20 alongside the cost factors, Figo at 6.35L OTR (pre-April) was miles ahead despite the known niggles attached with Fiesta/Ford ownership. (Yes! even after reading a lot of Ford A.S.S experience write-ups by fellow BHP-ians.)

I TDed both Petrol and Diesel Figos, and was impressed with the Diesel right from the word go (despite slightly higher NVH [it's definitively less than Ikon-D and slightly higher than Fiesta 1.4 TDCi].)

Figo petrol is very good if you never (read seldom) venture on the highways for a 400+ KM trip. Diesel can cruise at 110 KMPH on highways (now, only if you do not have that urge to have a bottle of Gelusil after seeing some monster whizzing past you at 170 and start cursing yourself on your choice,) and would do a very good job in the city as well due to its marvelous second gear. Do not expect a fuel economy of more than 11 for Petrol and 16 for Diesel and you'll always be happy. The choice is yours.

I TDed i20 1.2 petrol and CRDi as well, and found the diesel to be more fun but outrageously overpriced (so is 1.2 petrol, but the goodies with Asta are too many to ignore it straightaway, only if you don;t mind spending those extra 50K.)

Hence I went for Figo 1.4 Titanium in Sea Grey, the salesman's promises and the anticipated delivery dates are different stories though.
Old 14th April 2010, 18:29   #675
BHPian

I'm back.

I have received the VIN number. But the car is still in the factory and not the MPL yard. I'll be making my payment through DD tomorrow for the whole amount. Hopefully the delivery should be this Friday.

But I'm making the payment without seeing the car. I HOPE the car will be fine.

Another thing - the MPL showroom was full of people and there were a lot of Chill Figo's and Red ones being delivered. Looks like the double shift at the plant is helping speed up things.

Last edited by Brix : 14th April 2010 at 18:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks