Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 13:22   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a black Yeti being tested with red plates near Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon. Sorry no Pics, phone was low on battery charge.
Old 18th July 2010, 00:13   #167
oss
BHPian

Went and checked out the Yeti today at Gurudev Motors. It looks much smaller and sleeker than in photos, but looks awesome. The fit and finish is amazing. The bucket seats, front as well as rear, are fabulous to say the least.

Yes, they are talking about 17-19 lakhs, and obviously because they are going to import it as CKD kit and assemble it here. Not sure about its worth at that price, but if it is priced around 13-14 lakhs ex-showroom for the 140bhp diesel version, then this will be my next car. Don't thinkthey will price it anywhere below 15L though
Old 19th July 2010, 10:20   #168
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

looks like skoda is serious ...they have arranged for 22000 km YETI TRAIL for indian auto gild ...see below

Business Today - India's leading business magazine
Old 19th July 2010, 12:10   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
looks like skoda is serious ...they have arranged for 22000 km YETI TRAIL for indian auto gild ...see below

Business Today - India's leading business magazine
This was a global event where they invited auto journalists from many countries. Not just auto gild.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:25   #170
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This was a global event where they invited auto journalists from many countries. Not just auto gild.
May be, there was a specific event for all journos from world, but this particlular article talks about AUTO BILD INDIA in particular and has just 2 Yeti in Pics , so i guess this one is india specific ...
Old 19th July 2010, 13:39   #171
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to ask this question once again. So finally where are all the variants and related specs? Have they been released?
Old 19th July 2010, 15:35   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sorry to ask this question once again. So finally where are all the variants and related specs? Have they been released?
We are all asking the same questions!!!

Well spec wise, expect the equivalent of a Laura Elegance and a Lauren&Klement edition. As for pricing, from what my Dealer tells me, its going to be right around 18 -19 lacs ex-showroom. This will kill much of the potential Yeti sales. Lets wait and watch, see what happens

cheers!
imp!
Old 19th July 2010, 19:52   #173
BHPian

Guys i went to my Skoda dealer in Dehradun to inquire about the Laura TSI.
I asked him about the status of Octavia and he said that the company has stopped the production of the car as it was not selling much.On asking about if Octavia is getting any face lift he simply replied that there is now Octavia coming with any face lift but instead the company will launch the Yeti at similar prices to Octavia and it will hit the showroom within next two months.
Old 19th July 2010, 20:42   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
On asking about if Octavia is getting any face lift he simply replied that there is now Octavia coming with any face lift but instead the company will launch the Yeti at similar prices to Octavia and it will hit the showroom within next two months.
Obviously the dealer has no clue. No way Yeti can be priced at 11-13 lakhs kind of price. I think it is Fabia sedan they would be thinking of replacing the Octavia with.
Old 29th July 2010, 12:24   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Obviously the dealer has no clue. No way Yeti can be priced at 11-13 lakhs kind of price. I think it is Fabia sedan they would be thinking of replacing the Octavia with.
The reports from the Hyderabad Auto Expo from various news portals suggest that Yeti could be priced between 12-17 lakhs.
Old 29th July 2010, 12:35   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The reports from the Hyderabad Auto Expo from various news portals suggest that Yeti could be priced between 12-17 lakhs.
This pricing is a welcome news. Any info on the extended warranty part? Read in another thread that Skoda is contemplating extended 4 year warranty for its cars. Hope that includes Yeti as well.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:01   #177
Senior - BHPian

Going by the company A.S.S; It's not gonna be worth buying if it's priced at 15L.
Skoda have been having serious issues with quality. There are many Luara, Fabia, Superb lying in workshop with issues that cannot be even detected. Most of the work shop technicians are not even trained to handle these cars with the amount of sensors they are loaded with. Their Examiners are the most pathetic which cannot detect the errors.
No doubt the products made by them are all great. But, the product gets ruined in the hands of people with half knowledge.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:21   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
This pricing is a welcome news. Any info on the extended warranty part? Read in another thread that Skoda is contemplating extended 4 year warranty for its cars. Hope that includes Yeti as well.
This is still not official pricing but what the media thinks the pricing is going to be.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:22   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think it is Fabia sedan they would be thinking of replacing the Octavia with.
The Octavia will be replaced by an all new Sedan based on VW Vento platform. The Discussion can be seen here.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:36   #180
BHPian

Hi All,

Skoda yeti is on Display @ Goa.

Skoda Yeti in Goa | Goa On Wheels
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks