Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2005, 11:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
But how come its only 68PS (67 BHP?). Isnt the Indigo TDi 70 BHP?
GTO

Maybe Indica turbo diesel doesnt have the inter cooler.
Old 15th October 2005, 11:48   #17
rkg
Senior - BHPian

it will be turbo intercooler only as the turbo has only 62BHP(old indigo and marina ahve 62 bhp only. (unless TATA has yweaked the engine more to make it 68. in that case even indigo will be updated. i think it is so as i have seen advertisement one or two days back in TOI, bangalore edition regarding 25K free accessories with indigo and marina form all the three dealers in bangalore. it is a single ad. around a month back i thought of buying indigo and they are offering 10K discount at th emaximum.i have aksed for alloys they refused. now they are saying 25K.
as per the media relase form tata during tha launch of indica trubo new version indigo is due
Old 15th October 2005, 12:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg
it will be turbo intercooler only as the turbo has only 62BHP(old indigo and marina ahve 62 bhp only. (unless TATA has yweaked the engine more to make it 68. in that case even indigo will be updated. i think it is so as i have seen advertisement one or two days back in TOI, bangalore edition regarding 25K free accessories with indigo and marina form all the three dealers in bangalore. it is a single ad. around a month back i thought of buying indigo and they are offering 10K discount at th emaximum.i have aksed for alloys they refused. now they are saying 25K.
as per the media relase form tata during tha launch of indica trubo new version indigo is due
i believe some tweaking would have taken place instead of the intercooler.

the website has been comprehensively updated, but there is no mention of intercooler anywhere. same is the case with the downloadable brochure. only "TURBO" has been mentioned.

can anyone confirm the presence or absence of the intercooler ?
Old 15th October 2005, 12:18   #19
BHPian

Quite a nice deal !

The Indica Turbo ! sounds like a nice deal...the old one was pretty good. Now one with slightly tweaked engine and a turbo...TATA seems to to be pepping up...Any idea on the maruti diesels though ? could use some info on those...
Old 15th October 2005, 12:30   #20
rkg
Senior - BHPian

i think they are deliberately not mentioning the intercooler so that they can dupe ingnorent customer showing it as the difference between indigo and indica turbo. as on now there is no difference between the two ( indica turbo and indigo) except the boot. thet difference in price is around 30000. this is my perception bec if it possible to tweak the engine to 68 BHP TATA would have done long back for indigo. or i may be wrong . if iam wrong we can expect indigo with 78 BHP ( new indica turbo + intercooler)
Old 15th October 2005, 12:46   #21
rkg
Senior - BHPian

As per the website Alloys are standard on both the versions.
Old 15th October 2005, 13:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
the website has been comprehensively updated, but there is no mention of intercooler anywhere. same is the case with the downloadable brochure. only "TURBO" has been mentioned.
I could not find anything except the same old press release about Indica turbo diesel. And no downloadable brochure..
Can you post the exact link of the web page/site mentioning Features and specifications of Indica TD?..
Old 15th October 2005, 16:30   #23
rkg
Senior - BHPian

here is the link. i actually downloaded the E brocure also
http://indica.tatamotors.com/turbo/Features.aspx
Old 15th October 2005, 17:04   #24
JLN
BHPian

went to manipal motors. the n=indica turbo has the trubo fan plus the intercooler. the new colour cherry red looks really good - similar to the getz passion red.

the 14 inch wheels with full wheel covers look good too.

the price is about 12,000 more than the regular indica. definitely worth it considering the higher engine power and the 14 inch wheels.

had booked a getz last week paying 5000 bucks. am cancelling it and booking the indica turbo. don;t care even if i can;t get the 5,000 bucks back from the hyundai dealer.
Old 15th October 2005, 18:09   #25
BHPian

congrats dude,,,god is with you,,,indica TD lauched at right time
Old 15th October 2005, 21:05   #26
JLN
BHPian

yes. by 12,000 bucks in bangalore. should be around the same elsewhere. but it is a great deal given the more powerful engine (turbo with intercooler) and the 14 inch wheels. no other changes.
Old 15th October 2005, 22:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

I think the new Indica V2 with 68BHP and 14" wheels will be even better package than before. BTW has any one gone for a test drive in the new V2?
Old 15th October 2005, 23:24   #28
JLN
BHPian

test drives not yet available atleast in bangalore. one dealer told me that sometime late next week, they should be able to arrange for a test drive.

i test drove the indigo tdi - 70 bhp - does not feel like a diesel. quite smooth. there is still a little bit of lag in the lower gears. but driving in stop and go traffioc didn;t feel difficult.
Old 16th October 2005, 12:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Saw a white Indica DLX with MH 14 TC XXX (Tata test car) today. He was driving alongside me for a long time. Under hard acceleration, all I could hear from the car was the clatter of the diesel, and no typical whine associated with turbos. Are they still going to make the NA diesel ?
Old 16th October 2005, 14:44   #30
Team-BHP Support

I am looking at an indigo purchase this month or probably next month. But now i am scared. TATA may be launching the DICOR indigo soon. This indica will surely eat into the sales of indigo as many people went for indigo because of the TDI, though their needs would have been satisfied with indica TDI.
Is there any chance of that being launched this year too?

Most Viewed