Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2012, 11:40   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
It seems the Mini-Xylo could hit the Indian roads well before the Ecosport does so, if the news in today's Pune edition of ToI is to be believed. Jacob Varghese, senior general manager-sales of west zone — who was in the city to launch new Verito —told reporters that the company is working on its hatchback car models and compact Xylo. The company is keen to launch the new models during the August-December period.
Yes - There are plans to launch it by Diwali itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
It's a good move to launch the vehicle before Eco - sport.
Once the Eco sport is launched they can play according to the pricing and special offers etc.
Eco-Sport will fight in the Duster category and Not in Mini Xylo category. Eco-sport is a more upmarket mini-suv, whereas mini xylo is more of a city-muv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Scan of this Month's Autocar cover. It covers Xylo Mini exclusively - it is also mentioned that the xylo mini is a 7 seater.
7 seats yes, but those 2 jump seats are more of a gimmick. Trust me, it is no where going to be comfortable. It is just added to call "7" seater. In reality its going to be a 5 seater. Whoever is seated in the jump seats would not mind to reach by Bus/auto rickshaw/taxi
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 12:24   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
7 seats yes, but those 2 jump seats are more of a gimmick. Trust me, it is no where going to be comfortable. It is just added to call "7" seater. In reality its going to be a 5 seater. Whoever is seated in the jump seats would not mind to reach by Bus/auto rickshaw/taxi
M&M has made the mini Xylo a 7 seater to get some leverage in pollution norms, as claimed by ACI.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 13:53   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If its a 7 seater, then its good. I know back 2 seats will be uncomfortable for long time but surely can accommodate 2 children around 10-12 years old or 2 slim adults for a short run. Thus it will be useful as a family car in the city commute where its not a long journey always.

Pricing will be the key here for Mahindra. Also i guess they need to name it something different from Xylo.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 23:23   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
If its a 7 seater, then its good. I know back 2 seats will be uncomfortable for long time but surely can accommodate 2 children around 10-12 years old or 2 slim adults for a short run. Thus it will be useful as a family car in the city commute where its not a long journey always.

Pricing will be the key here for Mahindra. Also i guess they need to name it something different from Xylo.
I am expecting the jump seats to be claustrophobic. Secondly, I am not sure if the AC would reach the 3rd row. We must wait and watch.
Old 8th August 2012, 23:46   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I was also having the same opinion, until I recently read an article on Autocar about how unsafe is the third row seats on these compromised seven seaters. After reading that article I did a retrospect and figured out it indeed seemed to be true. I mean look at the third row of Ertiga, how close it is to the rear window and the hatch door. Incase of a rear ending what protection would the rear passengers have? Mini Xylo being under 4 metres in length, I cant even imagine the situation there. Highly Unsafe!!

In my opinion, these compact UV's should be strictly considered as 5 seaters with great boot space and the third row be used only as the last option. Infact if the Mini Xylo is released with rear jump seats and if I end up buying it, I would ensure that the seats are permanently removed so that the temptation of accommodating kids in that unsafe zone is not at all there. Kids definitely deserve a better space than a compromised after-though kind of arrangement.

This post of mine is in contradiction with a post in the Duster thread where in I had welcomed the move to provide rear jump seats, but the opinion has changed now. A strict no from my side to even consider seating anyone there.

Last edited by vibbs : 8th August 2012 at 23:48. Reason: Typo
vibbs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 11:39   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am expecting the jump seats to be claustrophobic. Secondly, I am not sure if the AC would reach the 3rd row. We must wait and watch.
What if they provide roof mounted vents in the second row, since they already have it in the bigger Xylo?
Old 9th August 2012, 11:42   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
What if they provide roof mounted vents in the second row, since they already have it in the bigger Xylo?
I would like if they provide the same but i really doubt whether it would come with 3/2 row AC. The price quoted by ACI magazine, if true, then the chances of having 2/3 row AC are remote.

I Hope I am proved wrong.
Old 11th August 2012, 02:35   #713
BHPian

I had a word with one of the senior dignitaries today,

He had himself seen the car, driven and felt.
he told me the road version of the car will be a bit different from the production version shown in the ACI pic
The engiine is peppy, as confirmed by him
the delayed launch is only because mahindra wants to be 100 percent correct and wants to iron out any irregularities before they make some of us as guinea pigs.
and the best of all

Confirmed launch next month
The recruitment for a special sales, branding force has also begun. as it happened for XUV.
I have really high hopes with this vehicle.

and if it really comes out to be as projected on paper, i or rightly said my dad will be one of the first ones to book it
don_carmaster is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 17:05   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post

Wow ! This is good news. How are the interiors? Is there a 3rd Row AC?

Main factor - IS the pricing as predicted by ACI ?

- Would M&M be able to recruit and train the special team (Within one month) for the product launch? IMHO It takes at least 2-3 months to train an In-House Team itself.
Old 12th August 2012, 01:32   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

He had himself seen the car, driven and felt.
he told me the road version of the car will be a bit different from the production version shown in the ACI pic

and if it really comes out to be as projected on paper, i or rightly said my dad will be one of the first ones to book it
Wow!! Great news. Waiting eagerly for the launch next month. When you say the road version will be different from the one on ACI pic, does it mean different interiors or even the exteriors would change. I personally would have preferred a different front than the sloping ones on view.
Anyways the news in itself is great and wonderful that M&M did nt rush with the launch and instead tried to iron out the flaws.

Any ideas about the price? If it is priced as speculated, it may well sound death knell for some hatchbacks.
Old 21st August 2012, 08:11   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, I too have doubts regarding the AC reaching the 3rd row effectively.

However, regarding whatever space is being offered in the 3rd row, we can, at the least, expect a little more headroom / luggage room to get added, on account of the absence of the spare wheel on the floor, since the spare wheel has been shifted to the tail gate.
Old 21st August 2012, 17:03   #717
BHPian

Quote:

the delayed launch is only because mahindra wants to be 100 percent correct and wants to iron out any irregularities before they make some of us as guinea pigs.

The recruitment for a special sales, branding force has also begun. as it happened for XUV.
Now that's really good news on otherwise this old and beaten to death thread! As I see BHPians first spotted this mini Xylo in 2010 and the waiting has been on from then.

IMO, if the launch happens next month its fine but it shouldn't be beyond Diwali season when the Ecosport heat catches up and they may lose many prospective customers.

Peppy engine, well tested car, trained salesmen all sound good. Just price it right and you have another xuv in the making!
Old 21st August 2012, 22:17   #718
BHPian

Mod Note : Team-BHP's Mahindra Quanto Official Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread.

I waited and waited and waited.. and now since I have bought a new hatch, Mahindras are confirming the launch.

Last edited by GTO : 8th October 2012 at 10:13. Reason: Adding link to new thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed