Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:20   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

Good catch, don't you have the pictures taken from side? The million rupees question is what lies under the hood of the Mini SUV? Is it the 1.5 K9K or the 3 cylinder version of mHawk. I would anyday prefer the 1.5 K9K
Old 22nd May 2012, 15:03   #602
BHPian

^^
Hey Thanks AI.
I couldn't take any side shots, coz those test drivers were speeding dangerously; so overtaking them was out of question.
I was in my Fortuner and thought, it wasn't worth it, giving them a chase for a few shots..
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:01   #603
BHPian

Hi Everybody

Some scoop pics of the Mini Xylo test mule from the new hub of the Mahindras, CHENNAI !

Personally, I felt that the vehicle could have been designed in a much better way, that too after comparing with Ford's Ecosport! On the other hand, chopping off an existing xylo means cheaper price ( than Ford's vehicle).

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope Mini Xylo fairs better than its big brother, the fully grown Xylo !

Cheers

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-photo0675.jpg

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-photo0676.jpg

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-photo0677.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th May 2012 at 11:19. Reason: Watermarked pics. THANKS for sharing!! :)
wild child is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:28   #604
BHPian

proportions are really messed up.
Note the XXL size rear window and that too very square, looking difficult to digest.
puny tyres for such a high roofline for 4 meter long vehicle.
If mahindra has chopped its length, then it should consider lowering the roof also.
To me its looking like total jugaad.
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:52   #605
Senior - BHPian

Looks like they took the xylo and just reduced the length. Doesnt look like they have touched anything else.
They can reduce the ground clearance and compete with Wagon R
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:55   #606
Senior - BHPian

The rear door is too van-like, too squarish. I think they have hidden the rear quarter glass in the stickers. With the quarter glass in place, it should look good.
Old 23rd May 2012, 17:38   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
hello mates!,

I had a long chat with one of the CEO's of a mahindra dealership in my locality,
enlightened to know that i had a lot of info about this upcoming mini xylo, he showed interest and took the talks further, to reveal that whatever the designs are shown out here will actually not be in the production line and they are just for the testing purposes, they want to keep the looks as asurprise, as they have learnt from the reaction they have received from people coming to buy the XUV.

Considering that part, they would like to design it more contemprory than functional.

keeping my fingers crossed! and expecting for a new wonderful design.

Cheerio
Did he mention about the launch dates.
My Esteem is due for replacement and i am waiting since last year for the damned thing to be released.
Old 23rd May 2012, 18:16   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
enlightened to know that i had a lot of info about this upcoming mini xylo, he showed interest and took the talks further, to reveal that whatever the designs are shown out here will actually not be in the production line and they are just for the testing purposes, they want to keep the looks as asurprise, as they have learnt from the reaction they have received from people coming to buy the XUV.
the test mules look very ordinary, but perhaps that was the originally planned design till the XUV launch. Now with those flying off the shelves, (er floor?) it looks like M&M now want to share best practices and provide a better design than before.
The test mule definitely does not look like an Ecosport killer though. as somebody said it looks like a grow up or inflated WagonR. What matters is it will have a diesel mill!

Last edited by selfdrive : 23rd May 2012 at 18:17.
Old 23rd May 2012, 20:12   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
the test mules look very ordinary, but perhaps that was the originally planned design till the XUV launch. Now with those flying off the shelves, (er floor?) it looks like M&M now want to share best practices and provide a better design than before.
I doubt it would be much different. After all it is a mini Xylo (CS?), meaning atleast 75% of the panels are to be re-used, to make an economic sense of this model.
Old 23rd May 2012, 22:44   #610
Senior - BHPian

Looks like this has smaller wheels than the existing xylo. Whereas they should be doing just the opposite, providing one size bigger wheel with a bit of negative offset. Would look much better.
Old 24th May 2012, 01:07   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
proportions are really messed up.
Note the XXL size rear window and that too very square, looking difficult to digest.
puny tyres for such a high roofline for 4 meter long vehicle.
If mahindra has chopped its length, then it should consider lowering the roof also.
To me its looking like total jugaad.
There is a section of glass after the rear door which should balance the looks somewhat. check out the second pic which shows the rear section.

Lowering roof = increased costs which will come with design of 4 new doors, roof and front windscreen.

Also i dont understand why do they need that ugly side step now.

Last edited by silverado : 24th May 2012 at 01:09.
Old 29th May 2012, 09:29   #612
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Xylo Mini SUV and a Mahindra pick up truck near Tinidivanam toll. The Mini Xylo looked small and those skinny tires looked awful! It looked totally out of proportion! The one I saw had a spare wheel mounted on the rear hatch.

Couldnt get pictures since I was driving and my co-driver was busy sleeping
Old 29th May 2012, 11:57   #613
Senior - BHPian

I saw 2 cars testing on Pune - Mumbai Express way. Both cars were having 3-4 persons carrying them. Cars were running very fast on the expressway. They were doing speeds like 120+ and cutting lanes at higher speeds. It was racing with cars like Skoda, Audi, BMW etc on highway :( How come a company test cars like this on express way? Isn't it very dangerous? What if some serious accident happens? (I am really shocked seeing today's accident case covered in newspaper on Express way killing 27 people) I really didn't like the way of there testing. If they want to test like this, better go somewhere else. Why to play with common mans life? Are they taking any permission for that? If not then its a serious issue for sure. Dont know when these basic things will happen in India.
Old 6th June 2012, 14:22   #614

Somehow i feel looking at pictures the mini xylo got some extra height at the rear end and probably it will sure affect its look. Hopefully M&M must have surely taken this under consideration.
Old 6th June 2012, 23:47   #615
BHPian

Is Mahindra facing any issues with this product? I mean they have been testing it for so looong. Last heard was that the release was in Diwali this year. That is still a long way to go. I was all set to book it once launched. They surely lost one customer in me with their delay. I
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks