Old 9th February 2012, 13:29   #542
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Mini Xylo to be launched by Diwali.

Mahindra to launch compact Xylo by Diwali this year
Thanks for sharing that Speedmiester. The important point to note here:

"Although he declined to share any detail of the planned vehicle, he said the price of the top-end variant of the compact Xylo may overlap with the base-price of the existing version.

The company has been reported to start the trial production of the vehicle, which is estimated to carry a starting price tag of around Rs. 5 lakh."

This means we can see the Mini Xylo variants being priced between Rs 5 lakh on the lower side to Rs 7.37 lakhs to the top end (because the facelifted "Major" Xylo starts at that price).

Competetion (Renault & Ford) beware,, the Mini Xylo can potentially kill your products (Duster & Ecosport respectively) even before they are launched. Good for customers like us with competition in this segment hotting up.
Old 12th February 2012, 12:15   #543
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Mini Xylo chugging along with me on the WEH today morning - took this short video

Last edited by normally_crazy : 12th February 2012 at 12:17.
normally_crazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 17:57   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Saw the Mini Xylo chugging along with me on the WEH today morning - took this short video

Mahindra Mini Xylo
Thanks buddy for shooting this video & sharing it over here, but don't you think you risked too much for this . You were driving (I guess @ > 80 kmph + speed), with steering in one hand & the cam in the other. Focusing completely on the Mini Xylo, instead of the road ahead of you. Next time please don't try this stunt. Just looking at it gave me shivers .
Old 12th February 2012, 19:54   #545
BHPian

Quote:

Mahindra Mini Xylo
Thanks a lot, it looks like the Chevy Enjoy though (at 0:12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks buddy for shooting this video & sharing it over here, but don't you think you risked too much for this . You were driving (I guess @ > 80 kmph + speed), with steering in one hand & the cam in the other. Focusing completely on the Mini Xylo, instead of the road ahead of you. Next time please don't try this stunt. Just looking at it gave me shivers .
+1 to that, even though the road ahead seems empty, I would not do it when alone in the car. A passenger shooting it would be a lot safer.
Old 12th February 2012, 21:23   #546
Senior - BHPian

Well guys how do you guess I was looking at the xylo or the enjoy instead of concentrating on driving? And calling this a stunt, what do I say !

and I can afford to drive with one hand, and before you guys pounce on me again let me tell you that I drive an automatic car.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 12th February 2012 at 21:25.
normally_crazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 21:30   #547
Senior - BHPian

Today they carried a short 2 min segment on mini Xylo on Overdrive ( TV show). They mentioned that it is going to be launched mid March ( going by the frantic testing going on ) and the pricing would be around 5-6 lakhs would this be so slow ? M&M is in danger of building low price expectations due to the fab pricing of XUV 500 but still 5-6 lakhs is pretty low.
If it happens , good for us
Old 12th February 2012, 21:45   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mahindra Mini Xylo
Just took some screenshots and what you caught was a chevrolet enjoy MPV
Check the taillights, the door crease and the grille.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-hh.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-j.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-k.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-untitled1.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-chevrolet-mpv-2.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-chevrolet-mpv-3.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-chevrolet-mpv-4.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-chevrolet-mpv-5.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-chevrolet-mpv-6.jpg  

Old 16th February 2012, 11:47   #549

Mahindra is taking forever to launch the Mini Xylo... They shouldnt make people wait for so long...
Frustrated !!!
Old 16th February 2012, 12:40   #550
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ark View Post
Mahindra is taking forever to launch the Mini Xylo... They shouldnt make people wait for so long...
Frustrated !!!
Read somewhere that the Mahindra top officials are not happy with the vibration levels of the 3-cylinder engine used in mini Xylo, and asked the development team to cut it down.
Old 16th February 2012, 19:42   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Read somewhere that the Mahindra top officials are not happy with the vibration levels of the 3-cylinder engine used in mini Xylo, and asked the development team to cut it down.
I remember reading on this forum that the engine has been finally signed off for production after the NVH issues on the 3-pot were worked upon and solved.
Old 16th February 2012, 20:47   #552
Senior - BHPian

Folks, is this Mini Xylo and new Compact SUV from Mahindra are both one and the same?
Old 16th February 2012, 23:28   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
...The company has been reported to start the trial production of the vehicle, ..
From what I know, trial production begins like a month or two before the actual launch! So if they plan a Diwali launch, I don't think the trial production has started. Other way around, if trial production has indeed started, we can expect a launch in a month's time. But Pawan Goenka has hinted on a Diwali launch for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Folks, is this Mini Xylo and new Compact SUV from Mahindra are both one and the same?
I believe both are same. The reasons are

1. The M&M car under testing right now is the mini Xylo. If it was some other vehicle, we should have started seeing the test mules by now.
2. This is hinted at a Diwali launch, so most probably we are talking about mini-Xylo itself.
3. Pawan Goenka responded to a question about mini-Xylo, correcting the interviewer, calling it as a mini-SUV rather than mini Xylo. So what I guess is, this car will have very little resemblance to the actual Xylo! The company probably doesn't want to promote the car as a miniature version of Xylo; this forces me to think the car may not even look like a Xylo from front & will carry a totally new name tag as well!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th February 2012 at 23:38.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:46   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

If NVH issues are delaying the launch, then it virtually rules out the existence of a petrol version which I was looking forward to, given my needs of monthly running of 800 kms, good visibility, and the feel good Mini SUV factor, all at Rs. 4.5 to 5 lakhs ex-showroom !

Unless they plan to launch both diesel and petrol versions together, with the (Verito's ?) petrol engine for the petrol version, hopefully.

Last edited by mooza : 17th February 2012 at 10:48.
Old 17th February 2012, 11:51   #555
Senior - BHPian

I guess Mahindra will wait and see the response for the new Xylo they launched recently. It will take 3-4 months i guess. With the response i guess they will decide on the looks of the Mini Xylo. From spy pics, mini Xylo looks similar to the old Xylo. But with new good looking Xylo i guess Mahindra will wait & gauge the response. It will make them do changes for the mini Xylo as well. No point in launching it in a hurry. Better M&M take there time and launch a wonderful car for us like XUV 500. They are more careful now with there image. They did mistakes with Logan. They has to make statement with mini Xylo as it will be more for urban people & can change fortunes for the company in coming years.

I guess its time to buy Mahindra shares
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks