Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 18:53   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
spotted a regular wheel base xylo today on the expressway with a modified bumper and MH 15 TC plates. seems ther is another xylo model on the way.. and that guy was really flooring it.. i was in another stock xylo m eagle at about 140 and this prototype seemd to be going easily above 160

WoW!!!!! They must be testing thye Xylo with the 2.2 mHawk !!!!!!!!
Old 9th June 2010, 13:23   #77
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
but whos the target buyer ?
Great move my Mahindra, and good scoop by ACI.

The sub-4 meter length and 1.5 liter (Logan) diesel engine will make it substantially cheaper. Think OTR pricing of 5 - 6 lakh rupees. Advantage:

- Not everyone buys an MUV to seat 7. Plus, at the times that you do have 7 onboard, there is no space for luggage.

- Budget, budget and more budget. The 5 seater Xylo will create an entirely different segment in itself. Not only will Mahindra enjoy higher volumes, but the 5 seater Xylo could prove a worthy alternative for many a entry-level-sedan buyer. A taller, higher ground clearance, diesel vehicle with robust underpinnings.

- Semi-urban / rural customers, where Mahindra enjoys unmatched reach. Its a passenger + commercial vehicle rolled into one! Though I'm dead certain Mahindra will be happier with urban types for the shortened Xylo.
Old 9th June 2010, 14:45   #78
BANNED

Blame Maruti for proving that ugly sells if it is VFM in India.

Mahindra has taken a leaf out of that.
Old 9th June 2010, 14:55   #79
Senior - BHPian

So a 3 cylinder diesel and a sub 4M Xylo. Is height the same? Might become a hit but I feel ugly just became uglier.

PS: On 2nd glance looks like a WagonR ate a Xylo - reminds me of those Tom & Jerry cartoons where Jerry would become 'cheese shaped' after eating cheese
Old 9th June 2010, 21:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
Is this an attempt by M&M to beat Toyota in pricing before the Avanza launch??

Is not is a dream ? Launching AVANZA is very old story. Now its aged too.

Hope mahindra cuts the height of the vehicle along with the all other cutting ...
Old 10th June 2010, 14:39   #81
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Blame Maruti for proving that ugly sells if it is VFM in India.

Mahindra has taken a leaf out of that.
Or perhaps, its the other way around? After all,

THIS: was launched before...
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-1.jpg

THIS:
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-2.jpg

Pics source : Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing
Old 10th June 2010, 19:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

Wouldnt really call the Armada ugly.
Old 10th June 2010, 21:33   #83
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the way these manufactures come out with different versions of the same vehicle, specially without being creative, looks like a car manufacturer can live with 2 vehicles. First is a hatch and second is a MUV. Then you can add a sedan to the company profile by 'simply' fixing a boot to the hatch and then create a truck, mini MUV and what not.

End of the day they are happy cause their company is 'growing' and making their presence in all segments and we are happy cause we get VFM products!!!
Old 10th June 2010, 21:38   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
spotted a regular wheel base xylo today on the expressway with a modified bumper and MH 15 TC plates. seems ther is another xylo model on the way.. and that guy was really flooring it.. i was in another stock xylo m eagle at about 140 and this prototype seemd to be going easily above 160
which highway is this in India where drivers maintain such speeds?
Old 11th June 2010, 10:05   #85
BHPian

Mahindra should play around with the Invader looks, it's a cool vehicle once modified with alloys and big tyres and looks real sporty. The 5 seater Xylo reminds me of the WagonR, personally not a fan of tall-boy designs.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:41   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Whoa! This is interesting,and looks biblicaly ugly along with it! I wonder how they'll position and market this misbegotten creation.
As if the Xylo wasn't ugly enough we will have a mini-me on the roads.
Old 11th June 2010, 12:01   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
As if the Xylo wasn't ugly enough we will have a mini-me on the roads.
You know Xylo is one car that grows on you once you sit inside. Had this car for a couple of days as my cab, and trust me it shows you how far Indian engineering has come. If you can ignore the confused looks (part SUV/MUV) than the car has a lot to offer and makes a strong case for itself against the Innova. Its more spacious, hardly any vibration, powerful and extremely refined for a product coming from M&M stable. If anything, it shows that M&M perhaps makes better engines than Tata, as most Tata cars leave a lot to be desired when it comes to refinement.

After having being driven in Xylo for a few times, I wont hesitate in recommending it, or mini Xylo for my friends with chauffers, or considering one for myself....It sure as hell is a great vehicle!
Old 12th June 2010, 11:30   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Looking at the way these manufactures come out with different versions of the same vehicle, specially without being creative, looks like a car manufacturer can live with 2 vehicles. First is a hatch and second is a MUV. Then you can add a sedan to the company profile by 'simply' fixing a boot to the hatch and then create a truck, mini MUV and what not.
Classic example : First gen Indica -> Indigo sedan -> Marina Estate -> sub-4 meter Indigo CS. Except for the Marina, the other 3 derivations (of the same platform) sold rather well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
which highway is this in India where drivers maintain such speeds?
The Mumbai - Pune expressway.
Old 12th June 2010, 11:43   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINUMON View Post
Is this the mini SUV we have been hearing about?
Looks like it. Pretty smart decision from Mahindra to use the Xylo and not the Scorpio for this project, I must admit.
Old 12th June 2010, 15:05   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Looks like it. Pretty smart decision from Mahindra to use the Xylo and not the Scorpio for this project, I must admit.
exactly, scorpio being their premium brand, they wouldnt want to disturb that status, and doing well too, so great move and yes a all new type of mini suv vehicle with decent price and diesel engine would surely get a good market for mahindra.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks