Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 19:48   #121
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I thought RWD cars have better traction and hence they are better driver's car ! And I guess one of the big reasons why BMW 3 series score over Audi A4 ? Can someone clarify ?
Not necessarily better traction, but RWD cars are definitely more fun to drive (from the enthusiast's POV). The reason that nearly all modern hatchbacks & sedans are FWD is because FWD is cheaper. And, to the aam junta, understeer is easier to control (only have to lift off the accelerator) than oversteer (opposite lock et al).

Link to full discussion on FWD versus RWD
Old 8th February 2011, 15:55   #122
BANNED

Hi team,
Found these pictures someone has posted on facebook. looks very promising and the wheel which is mounted behind looks awesome and so does the color.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-180908_1418424320705_1835576581_758137_7829977_n.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-180704_1418427200777_1835576581_758145_736745_n.jpg  

Old 8th February 2011, 16:05   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
Hi team,
Found these pictures someone has posted on facebook. looks very promising and the wheel which is mounted behind looks awesome and so does the color.
Wonderful news! It seems that the launch is very near. I would love to be seen in one of these. I just hope that they have taken care of the front looks. Btw, doesn't it look similar to the height with the current Xylo?
Old 8th February 2011, 16:14   #124
BANNED

The height does look similar and i think they should keep it that way. the high ground clearance will be a boon for buyers! And i think there should considerable amount of cosmetic changes. The lights have been changed too. Lets wait and watch

Last edited by DMehta : 8th February 2011 at 16:16.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:18   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
The height does look similar and i think they should keep it that way. the high ground clearance will be a boon for buyers! And i think there should considerable amount of cosmetic changes. The lights have been changed too. Lets wait and watch
Yes, the taillamps have been changed for sure. Luckily both the Xylo and baby Xylo havce their tail lamps in "on" mode. Having a high ground clearance is okay, but the vehicle is quite tall too. I am sure this would be a nervous handler.
Old 8th February 2011, 21:23   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

So the min-Xylo has rear mounted spare tyre and at last some pics showing that it Is going to be launched soon. Can't wait for this at sub 6 lakhs!!!
Old 9th February 2011, 10:14   #127
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, nothing seems to attract me much with the 5 seater XYLO, it only looks like a slightly bulging WagonR. Can someone throw light on how different it would be when compared to the WagonR.

Anyway 6L ex-showroom according to me would be costly to possibly capture any kind of market share. Unless its packed with goodies like i20. Post i20 guess everyone is caught with the bug of launching costly hatches. Albeit not everyone will succeed.

Last edited by xingamazon : 9th February 2011 at 10:15.
Old 9th February 2011, 10:45   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Frankly, nothing seems to attract me much with the 5 seater XYLO, it only looks like a slightly bulging WagonR. Can someone throw light on how different it would be when compared to the WagonR.

Anyway 6L ex-showroom according to me would be costly to possibly capture any kind of market share. Unless its packed with goodies like i20. Post i20 guess everyone is caught with the bug of launching costly hatches. Albeit not everyone will succeed.
@Xingamazon,

It may not have the features of an I20 or for that matter even the other Premium Hatches. However, it has the ground clearance that matters that most in both city driving and for that occassional off road events.

For people like me, who want a matcho SUV but cannot afford it ( and I am sure there are 1000's like me), are the target buyers. I want a compact SUV to go to the market and get my groceries and I don't have a big family too.
Old 9th February 2011, 11:02   #129
BHPian

+1. Moreover, it is diesel. i20 diesel is overpriced like any other Hyundai product. The current xylo gives around 12 perhaps. By knocking off one cylinder and a lot of weight by way of reduced length, hopefully it will be a tad more fuel efficient.

I like the sidesteps. Easy to replace. I scraped the bottom side of my car recently; didn't see some nasty drainage pipes put out for some road repair in the night. Hopefully, such situations can be avoided by the sidesteps and the higher ground clearance.

Much more than these characteristics, I'm hoping to buy something with high seats for a persistent left knee pain that I have.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
@Xingamazon,

It may not have the features of an I20 or for that matter even the other Premium Hatches. However, it has the ground clearance that matters that most in both city driving and for that occassional off road events.

For people like me, who want a matcho SUV but cannot afford it ( and I am sure there are 1000's like me), are the target buyers. I want a compact SUV to go to the market and get my groceries and I don't have a big family too.

Last edited by pradkumar : 9th February 2011 at 11:09.
Old 9th February 2011, 11:31   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
The other perspective: It is a mini Safari .
Well. It is much beyond the wagon R. It is wider than the widest hatch/sedan below 20lakhs. It has body on ladder chasis which is quite rugged. It runs on diesel & is rear wheel drive. It can seat 5-6 adults (in front 2 rows) & 2 kids (single side facing seats in boot).

Quote:
Anyway 6L ex-showroom according to me would be costly to possibly capture any kind of market share.
Now isn't the price ok if we consider it as mini Safari?
Old 9th February 2011, 11:40   #131
AWD
BHPian

Consider this coming with 4x4 & little more powerful motor, a la Jimny!
Old 9th February 2011, 13:08   #132
Senior - BHPian

Another shot from FB/ Indian Autos Blog

Spied - Mahindra Xylo mini | Indian Autos blog
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-mahindraminixylo.jpg  

Old 9th February 2011, 13:12   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Well. It is much beyond the wagon R. It is wider than the widest hatch/sedan below 20lakhs. It has body on ladder chasis which is quite rugged. It runs on diesel & is rear wheel drive. It can seat 5-6 adults (in front 2 rows) & 2 kids (single side facing seats in boot).

Now isn't the price ok if we consider it as mini Safari?

Why would a 5 seater have jump seats/
Old 9th February 2011, 13:47   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Why would a 5 seater have jump seats/
Well. Perhaps the title needs to be revised. It is expected to be 5+2 seater. You have to trust me on that as I can't reveal more.

Last edited by ajay0612 : 9th February 2011 at 13:48. Reason: correction
Old 9th February 2011, 13:57   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Yep ,you got it fully right. Perfect for someone who wants a compact as well as rugged car. can't think of anything similar and affordable other than the Amby,Omni and Eeco which are either old or too basic.
But i don't get your seating figures. if you are not going for seating indian style, the mini-xylo is a 5-seater. Maybe at the extreme, plonk the kids at the boot which is possible in the WagonR too. But officialy this can't be more than 5 seater.
edit: Oops, didn't see the above post. So it is indeed a 5 + 2 seater!!! Can it get more perfect?

Last edited by DicKy : 9th February 2011 at 14:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks